• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Whats the most realistic hallucination you ever had and from what substance?

the most vivid realistic ones were on (for me) high dose lsd with daylight at night (and vice versa) and planes turning into helicopters with searchlights right on front of my eyes, but i was pretty gone by that point and any visual input was more a distraction from what was really happening...

for the most believable hallucinations the cake surely goes to mdma and especially mda with fake wildfires in the distance, tiled floors on what in reality is grass and the classic recognising your friend, following him around a corner just to find a bunch of complete strangers there.

the shadow people I always attributed to sleep dep

does suck when you look quick and that "doppleganger" just evaporates

It wasn't really a visual hallucination but a feeling.The feeling of being dead.I experienced it while on dmt.It was so real that I still feel it....

My most realistic hallucinations have been caused more from lack of sleep than any substance. Once heading to work at 8am after no sleep and a long night partying on 2c-i I saw a generic amusement park mascot (some sort of fat pastel duck) carrying a large cardboard box while doing a slow floppy dance up the walkway in front of my apartment.

In 1986 I tried hash for the first time. Bought 2 grams and had no idea how to use it.

Eat it Tom, I was told. How much? I dunno, the whole thing.

10:30 pm ate 1/2 g
11:00 pm nothing, so I ate another 1/2 g
12:00 am nothing, do I ate the last 1 g, figuring it was shit. Went to sleep at 12:30 am completely sober.

Woke up at 3:30 am to find my next door neighbor (who was a cop) was sitting on my chest pointing a gun at my face. I could see him, feel him and smell him. Of course he wasn't there.

Not the most vivid though.

Tom

DMT
The whole trip was an alternate universe. Complete breakthrough. Detachment from what I new to be "human". But I question if that answers your post if this whole world was alien to me, do I consider it "most real" if it's all something I've never seen before?

Break-through dose of DMT was beautiful. I truly believe it is one of the most valuable psychoactive experiences Earth has to offer to us. It's scary at first or just shocking, but then you accept that you are completely detached from the universe and dimensions you once knew. I couldn't even understand the musicals notes, language, and symbols of humanity at all for that 5-10 minutes of bliss and discovery. There is so much more to this universe than what meets the eye. I do believe I've probably existed in different dimensions and had thoughts from a conscious that was not just mine. Ayahuasca is a MUST after that experiencence.

On high-dose IV Methoxetamine I truly believed I was interacting with the world or people I knew telepathically, but I also felt as though I was sure that I truly had some type of godly powers (or complex haha), for example: that my influence has shaped the outcome of my friends from childhood MAJORLY. I'm not even gonna go into that because it will start to sound like I have some type of god-complex haha. I had a friend tell me I was always "the leader" of my group of outcast/skateboarding/punk rock kids and lead him and a few others that are still my best friends to be the people they are today from exposing them to new music and subcultures. It wasn't a negative thing, it was almost beautiful. I've always thought of myself as worthless. That afternoon spent on MXE, staring out at my neighborhood and the dissociated world I was (and oh so love) I truly believed I was sending out good vibes to my friends. I miss that euro-snow, crystalline-white MXE.

Stim psychosis feels very fucking real and frightening. I ruined the blinds to my windows on an alpha-PVP binge, I thought everything was conspiring against me. I've had some very realistic frightening experiences on MDPV as well. Fuck those drugs, garbage IMHO.

Iboga is my next venture. Especially since I've struggled with opioid/IV heroin addiction for the last 6 years of my life.

Last edited:
If you have any questions about how to go about iboga, give me a PM. It was the best choice I have ever made I think, I am not sure I would have gotten of opiates without it. At least not anytime soon or with such a quickly life-affirming reaction.

Back in 2011 a 100mg Oral Dose of Tan MDPV was pure Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas!

On about 8 grams of mushrooms at glastonbury I took a nos balloon. Suddenly everyone around me turned into pillars of pure flame and the ground bellow me turned into a grid pattern that I could see straight through (giving me slight vertigo!). This persisted for about 10 minutes, which was a bit disorientating. Strangely enough last time I mentioned this here someone directed me to an alex gray painting that is not far of what I saw, minus the sitting figure.
Alex_Gray.jpg

Too much 25i-NBOMe, I took several milligrams. After hours and hours of being in and out of sanity, smoking grams of weed, sitting in total silence, I looked over and saw a tentacle thrashing on my window, trying to get in. Like I said, I was in silence, but I could still hear moths flying into my window from time to time, and every time I would hear a bug hit the window, I would look over and see a massive purple tentacle rolling around and hitting my window. Scared me to death, and it wasn't until staring at the thing for minutes that I realized I was tripping THAT hard.. Still the most vivid and realistic visual hallucination I've ever had.

The most intense audio hallucination I've had was on DPH, DXM and alcohol. I sat on my kitchen floor and asked my mom to put on Pink Floyd. I rolled around on the floor for twenty minutes listening to music, until I got thirsty. When I stood up, I realized it was 2am, no one was awake and there was no music playing. I was so embarrassed until I remembered that I was on drugs and no one had witnessed it.

Well outside of DMT which is the undisputable king of otherwordly vivid hallucinations, I had a very strange couple days on high doses of MXE where I was hallucinating and talking to various 'spirits' appearing in human form, some of them were little people and they were very crisp and vivid overlaid on my vision except that they had this slightly out-of-sync transmission quality like receiving an analog TV broadcast that wasn't quite perfect reception, like the images would occasionally flicker with interference patterns and wave distortions. Other spirits were real human size and were much clearer. Speaking of I'm reminded of some very vivid dreams last night, lots of strong genuine feelings, interactions with people and colorful environments, it felt too much like real life! The line between dreams and psychedelic hallucinations is very thin indeed.

9 Hits of some very potent L, half my friends (2 sitting on the couch) faces were half flames.. It was very awesome. His garage became at least 50x the usual size, and the red door across the street, I thought was a really fat guy staring daggers. I knew the door was red, but where did he come from, why is he looking, why is it so funny?

On the come-up of 15mg of 4-ho-met, I got smacked in the face by the drug. By half an hour, the whole living room was morphing and moving. The pillows on our couches seemed... creepy. It felt like there was constantly a dark presence behind me, one I couldn't see, but I could indeed feel... After the rough come-up, all was well... but that first hour or so.... man it was creepy. Everything seemed alive, in a hostile way.

Last edited:
I will never forget this experience ; still vivid and clear in my memory ...

During the mid 1990s I was exited about , and researching aya ' analogs ' .
One day I had been experimenting with brews that had a little bit anything - a piece of san Pedro bark , a mushroom , some acacia leaves , desmanthus , phalaris AQ-1 tips , a hbwr seed , and a spoonful of peganum . Not a lot of anything , but a little of each ....

I don't recall throwing up or not , but do remember feeling a bit jittery and having blurred vision . I sat down in the shade of tree , and was aware of something moving about in the bush , about 25 meters away . I assumed it was a dog chasing something . I was experiencing audio disturbances - as it moved it was making a strange " zooming " noise , like a Doppler - effect sound . As it got nearer I tried to pay attention , and determine what it actually was , but I was pretty out of it and scattered , with a short attention span . Nevertheless , I was intrigued by the " zooming " noise , and tried to focus on it whatever it was as best as I could .
It appeared to be " zooming " from tree to tree , and as it got closer to me I knew it was no dog . " It " appeared to be tending the trees , or performing some task - but I was unable to concentrate for long enough on it to determine the identity of it , or what it was doing - [ my mind was rather scattered indeed , and focusing was difficult ] .

Next it " zoomed " to a tree about 10 ' away form where I was sitting , and what I saw sobered me instantly - I was gob smacked at what I was seeing . It seemed to be tending the tree somehow , but I still could not clearly see what it was doing . But I could see clearly now what it actually was ....

It was , to the best of my ability to describe , an " imp " ...
About 2 ' high , with jet black cat - type eyes with no pupil or iris , predominanlty dark blue - but with other colors inc crimson and gold swirling about in a state of flux . Although no genitalia was evident , I had the impression it was male .

At first it ignored me , and went about with it's " tending " ; but after a while looked up and noticed me staring at him in utter astonishment and disbelief .
He grinned , and boomed into my head telepathically : " You can see me !! ?? "
Then he seemed to spin , and vanished ...

It was a surprisingly short trip , and was over quickly . But while it lasted I was aware of " telepathic vegetation " - [ the bush ] - but this aspect is beyond my ability to describe . It was like perception intuition and feeling combined .

I am a very rational type of person , and contact with a " Faerie " type entity shocked me deeply .
This particular trip had a huge impact on my thinking for a very long time ...

Too long to describe, but both extremely high dose mxe and extremely high dose 25c-nbome+2C-P+MXE..... insane OEV's
And CEV-wise, very high dose ketamine (K-Hole floating through the universe, talking to my dad telepathically tc.) and 5-MEO-DMT+25c-nbome "breackthrough" experience (cant put into words)

Last edited:
Fairly short -

A small amount of crystal meth, some very good mmj & some Codine Syrup

I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep, next thing you know I am flying through space with a slight greenish tint. It seemed like it lasted quite a long time, yet it was only a few minutes of real time. I opened my eyes to see my living room. That shit felt crazy as hell, I could not move a limb for a solid half a minute.

I still remember my first breakthrough on salvia when I found myself lying in a hollowed out tree trunk and a white haired chap was standing over me waving an incense thinggy around - and I was in some kind of forest, not lying on my couch.

When I did solvents/ether in my teens I would experience this huge wrecking ball that would descend from the corner of the room and knock me into... Somewhere else. It was a but like salvia space only salvia is a lot safer lung and brain wise I feel!

Always find salvia very powerful, usually experience myself as the energy going through a plant as a little girl is watching and giggling at my attempts to breakthrough and understand her world.

Not had salvia for a while now though...

My most realistic hallucinations have been caused more from lack of sleep than any substance. Once heading to work at 8am after no sleep and a long night partying on 2c-i I saw a generic amusement park mascot (some sort of fat pastel duck) carrying a large cardboard box while doing a slow floppy dance up the walkway in front of my apartment.

that actually happened. i was wondering why you looked so tired

On a high dose of DOC once, I was taking a piss and my friend had this little cartoonish dinosaur figure sitting on the tank of the toilet. I was staring at it for a few seconds and it started walking around the top of the toilet tank, then it walked back to its starting place and stayed there. I was aware that it was a hallucination, (didn't think it actually came to life), but it was so incredibly vivid.