Social Whats the most messed up thing you did today? Vent your fuck ups here

Unless you're a doctor or a phlebotomist of some sort then that is fucking insane good sir.

I've got some medical training, but I've never worked in the field. Self surgery and some tools at home can be a super handy skill! Besides, going to donate blood was out of the question because of my past IV usage. I couldn't go and get blood taken, so that was my alternative. The procedure brought my systolic down by about 15 points every time, then it'd creep back up as the body would overproduce red blood cells. Then, poke another 18 in, drain 500 ish mL, toss it in the trash, wait 45 days. It turned out alright, but the procedure was always shower first, sterilize my working area and my body / hands, put news paper down, yoghurt container on the ground, cartoons so I could chill and wait 20 mins for it to drip out, take an aspirin 1 hour before to reduce clotting etc. I had it down to a science.

My landlord came in while I was doing it once and she turned around pretty fast hahaha. That'll learn her not to knock. Also, fun fact, the blood in the container would congeal, and turn semi solid like the cranberry sauce out of a can at Christmas. I tried dumping it in the shitter the first time and it fell out in this lump instead of pouring and splashed blood all over the bathroom. That was a fucking mess from hell haha.

Lol that's grim

Piercing an artery at home like that is unbelievably dangerous, surprised you never had any complications.

They do it all the time in phlebotomy. I mean, it's not rocket science, just take an anticoagulant, sterilize, and apply pressure with cotton swab for 5 mins after. Same gauge needle and everything

That's true, but the consequences of something going wrong is gigantic in an unsupervised non-clinical setting.

Not trying to have a go at you, just registering my shock! I've been irresponsible with needles but that one surprised me I have to admit.

Fair enough. It is somewhat common practice for super heavyweight powerlifters who crank the dose pretty hard.

It's a psychotic sport really

Unless you're a doctor or a phlebotomist of some sort then that is fucking insane good sir.

You think that's bad (and it is), I once cut open my sharps bin that I had been using for weeks and emptied out any needles that still had anything in the barrel (quite often I wasnt able to get the full shot to go in and would give up if I had been trying for hours already) and then sucked up the mix of what was mainly congealed blood in to a new syringe and then injected that. Had to try and force is out of the needle because the clots in the blood kept blocking it.

That was not a good point in my life.

Bin there, Dun that. Even sharpened blunt needles on a matchbox...

I've heard that's a real thing in the states because of needles being a prescription thing.

What a horrible law hey? As if that would curb IV drug use or needle administration of AAS in general

I've heard that's a real thing in the states because of needles being a prescription thing.

What a horrible law hey? As if that would curb IV drug use or needle administration of AAS in general

Yeah it's pretty pathetic. I've actually gotten into a pretty heated argument with a Rite Aid head pharmacist. Rite Aid has a company policy that they will sell needles even without prescription in the name of preventing the spread of HIV and Hep C.

This particular pharmacy and pharmacist were refusing to sell to me, and I ended up calling Rite Aid's customer service line and getting a manager in corporate on the phone, long story short is this asshole was forced to sell me needles. :)

At one point he threatened to call the cops on me which I think was illegal cause I called his bluff and said that's illegal and he shut up. Was not worth all the effort nor the scene of people watching me do so. But yeah I mean come on, not that I would share a needle and basically never have, but still. It's criminal to hold them from us.