• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's the most energizing/uplifting benzo?

speedlimitssuck89

Greenlighter
Benzo noob here so please bare with me.

which benzo tends to be the most euphoric and "stimulating"? I fucking love phenibut for this reason: anxiolytic, yet it makes me more energetic, have a strong desire to socialize, go on adventures/explore the city, watch a movie/play video games or go workout. It's like it turns on and off all of the right areas if my brain so I can respond to the outside world in an ideal manner. I'm a veteran w/ all gabapentinoids but for some reason phenibut is my fuckin golden star lol.

Obviously phenibut and benzos have pretty significant MOAs, but I see people here and in other forums talking about how xans/klonopin/RC benzos send them on random, goofy, stupid (and sometimes dangerous/blackout) outings. Sounds vaguely similar though more retarded and risky to my phenibut adventures. I've only ever taken klonopin twice. The first time I went full retard and took about 8 mg over the course of a night, mainly because klonopins take so damn long to kick in so I didn't realize the value of patience. Ended up leaving my fucking phone in the middle of the road after I got out of an uber without realizing it, and agreeing to hit dabs (when I haven't used weed since July) and soon after passing out in a chair. I barely remember anything from the following day either as I was probably still retarded off a lot of kpins (and the weed).

Anyways. I took a more reasonable amount of klonopin last night - 3.5 mg - as landing gear from Adderall. My usual go-tos for stim comedowns (I use frequently - prescribed for adhd) are gabapentinoids, phenibut in particular, because they obliterate the shitty stimulant body load while simultaneously elevating my mood and energy so much that I actually want to go out and socialize/enjoy the night.So after taking 3.5 mg kpin last night for the stim crash, I felt underwhelmed compared to what gabapentinoids usually do for me. The kpin helped the physical symptoms (muscle tightness, vasoconstriction, fast heartbeat etc) and the anxiety immensely. I felt incredibly relaxed, physically and mentally, slightly sedated, and some mild coordination issues. The ultimate feeling of "don't care, don't give a fuck."

But the main problem is it turned me into an absolute zombie, slow and numbed out. I liked w/ friends as I usually do after a Friday adderall-study grind. Usually on Lyrica, when drunk and especially on phenibut I'm psyched to see everyone, talking about random shit, just truly happy to be there and positive energy. On kpins, I felt the opposite. Just monotone "sup", not talking much and just not able to get interested anything, really...in what everyone was talking about or doing, video games, movies etc. Even Felt pretty irritable and annoyed with everyone for no reason, which sucked.I was sort of hoping kpins would be a possible replacement for alcohol and phenibut, not just because they are all anxiolytics, but by increasing emotional reactivity, interest, sociability and disinhibition.Apparently klonopin isn't great for this, just seems to numb me out which I fucking hate since I already deal w/ anhedonia.

another major issue is that kpins take forever to peak, and last way too long in my opinion. Makes dosing well tricky.

After scouring reddit and bluelight, it seems the following benzos are the most likely to induce some sort of euphoria and energy:

-temazepam (most consistent one reported as euphoric - sadly i have no source for it)

-etizolam

-alprazolam (some love some hate; either euphoric and intense or just sends people straight to sleep)

-diazepam ("good body high" and potent muscle relaxer, but effects lasts a long time)

-triazolam

all suggestions/input appreciated. Please no research chem benzo recommendations.

I wouldn't describe any any benzo as uplifting or energizing. These words seem contradictory. I wouldn't describe any gabapentinoids this way either even phenibut.

Anxiety relief may end up described this way I guess... in that case they're all that way.

But to answer your question I find alprazolam to have a unique euphoric quality other benzos don't have. It's narcotic to me. King benzo.

But benzos also have paradoxical effects in people and everyone has their favorite and least favorite.

For example, etizolam and diazepam paradoxically make me irritable, manic, depressed, and etizolam especially can actually produce a weird anxiety in me (in the form of mania, if I sit still it gives me anxiety). Etizolam is technically not a benzo either, just has a benzo action. Etizolam shares the same class of chemical as some antipsychotics like olanzapine.... but many people say etiz is their favorite benzo, and diazepam... but personally I really don't like either of them.

Benzos are known for paradoxical effects which are very unique to each person. You're really going to have to discover the answer to this question yourself. Everyone is different.

Last edited:
I wouldn't describe any any benzo as uplifting or energizing. These words seem contradictory. I wouldn't describe any gabapentinoids this way either even phenibut.

Anxiety relief may end up described this way I guess... in that case they're all that way.

But to answer your question I find alprazolam to have a unique euphoric quality other benzos don't have. It's narcotic to me. King benzo.

But benzos also have paradoxical effects in people and everyone has their favorite and least favorite.

For example, etizolam and diazepam paradoxically make me irritable, manic, depressed, and etizolam especially can actually produce a weird anxiety in me (in the form of mania, if I sit still it gives me anxiety). Etizolam is technically not a benzo either, just has a benzo action. Etizolam shares the same class of chemical as some antipsychotics like olanzapine.... but many people say etiz is their favorite benzo, and diazepam... but personally I really don't like either of them.

Benzos are known for paradoxical effects. You're really going to have to discover the answer to this question yourself. Everyone is different.
yeah I'm weird with GABAergics and gabapentinoids. Some of them are extremely effective for my preexisting depression/anhedonia; idk why phenibut so much so. I'm not bipolar but I think I essentially send myself into a mild hypomanic state when I take phenibut; staying up all night to watch movies/listen to music, horny as fuck, wanting to go out and be with people constantly...idk. Even Lyrica and gabapentin do not do this.

I try to be careful and use it no more than 1x/week with occasional 2-3 week breaks thrown in.

yeah I'm weird with GABAergics and gabapentinoids. Some of them are extremely effective for my preexisting depression/anhedonia; idk why phenibut so much so. I'm not bipolar but I think I essentially send myself into a mild hypomanic state when I take phenibut; staying up all night to watch movies/listen to music, horny as fuck, wanting to go out and be with people constantly...idk. Even Lyrica and gabapentin do not do this.

I try to be careful and use it no more than 1x/week with occasional 2-3 week breaks thrown in.
Phenibut has dopaminergic and other action which explains that. I hate that drug for my own reasons. Too many overdoses and also makes me hallucinate if I take high doses for more than 2 days. Will send you into psychosis during the effects, let alone the withdrawal. GABAb drugs are weird like that. I don't mess with phenibut anymore.

Decent functional but not a recreational drug IMO.

Phenibut has dopaminergic and other action which explains that. I hate that drug for my own reasons. Too many overdoses and also makes me hallucinate if I take high doses for more than 2 days. Will send you into psychosis during the effects, let alone the withdrawal. GABAb drugs are weird like that. I don't mess with phenibut anymore.

do u know of any literature on the dopaminergic aspect? Because it absolutely feels that way, and combining it with stimulants is absolutely unbelievable for me

do u know of any literature on the dopaminergic aspect? Because it absolutely feels that way, and combining it with stimulants is absolutely unbelievable for me
No, unfortunately.

I'm actually just making assumptions. It's an aphrodisiac in high doses without tolerance. It definitely has some sort of dopamine action. But ultimately I'm unsure.

Edit: A quick google search confirms it stimulates dopamine.

Your question is an oxymoron. The whole point of a benzo is to slow down someone.

When I was younger and a cocky ignorant drug dealer I used to think people who abused or even used benzos were losers and pussies. Until I abused enough drugs to recognize the need for them. And then I reached the point I’m at now because of severe drug damage I feel I almost need to be on a benzo because I’ve damaged my brain so much.

To someone without anxiety, benzos feel like a Benadryl. But you keep fuckin your brain up benzos to me are like crack to a crackhead.. a need for survival.

Really not sure how benzos make me feel. I am never able to recall much about anything that happens while I am under their influence.

I do know that one time I woke up in a drunk tank in jail afterwards and some guy I had never met before was going around bragging about owning the pair of panties I had been wearing that night.

I never took any again after that

The whole point of a benzo is to slow down someone.
is it though? the point of a benzo is anxiolysis, not just slowing someone down...that would probably be a sedative or an antipsychotic. Many "anxiloytic" substances - alcohol, phenibut, kratom - actually give me a significant energy boost. Anxiety isn't always someones mind or nervous system running at a million mph

do you notice that baclofen has similar effects to phenibut? I've only taken it once @ 20 mg right before bed and I woke up feeling kinda shitty and bleh which is the exact opposite of what happens when I sleep after phenibut.

idk, I suspect there is much, much more to phenibut's direct/indirect pharmacology beyond VGCC inhbition and gabab agonism that we know exists

do you notice that baclofen has similar effects to phenibut? I've only taken it once @ 20 mg right before bed and I woke up feeling kinda shitty and bleh which is the exact opposite of what happens when I sleep after phenibut.

idk, I suspect there is much, much more to phenibut's direct/indirect pharmacology beyond VGCC inhbition and gabab agonism that we know exists
I've never taken baclofen, but I know it's not nearly as recreational as phenibut. High dose baclofen will make you feel like crap.

I've never taken baclofen, but I know it's not nearly as recreational as phenibut. High dose baclofen will make you feel like crap.
probably a good thing. I was hoping to use it as an occasional sleep aid and to keep x-tolerance minimal between other gabapentinoids and GABAergics...but if 20 mg is gonna make me wake up feeling like shit it seems like a completely useless drug for me

I find alprazolam very uplifting and stimulating, moreso than any benzo. For me it is almost like taking a stimulant, though of course at extreme doses it will cause sedation.

Etizolam is quite stimulating and uplifting, and pyrazolam is fairly stimulating (though not uplifting).

Seeing as Temazepam is generally prescribed for insomnia, that's probably the one that's gonna give you the least amount of energy - I mean, the brand name for it is "Restoril". However, I do find it slightly more euphoric than Alprazolam, Diazepam, and Clonazepam (although, in reality... no benzos are truly euphoric). I take 15 mg of it every night as a sleep-aid.

I don't really see this as a question that can be answered. First, Benzodiazepines are pretty much antithetical to what you're describing. No person is ever going to say "wow that was so energizing" if asked about their experience. This is also a matter completely of personal opinion. There is nothing anybody could ever say that could actually be considered "factual" and facts are the only thing we can cling to in this world of Harm Reduction. I'm not saying we should close this right down or anything, but I'll be straight in saying I don't see any real value in this from an HR perspective. I'm not saying it has no value, just not here and in this place.

Are we sure there isn't already one of these in Drug Culture? I don't want to keep sending them repeats even though they're very kind about receiving them.

I remember taking 2 mg clonazepam with no tolerance, and it wasn't particularly sedating. So, there's one. Alprazolam seems to make me hypomanic/manic. Is it a good thing? Depends on who you ask.

I find alprazolam very uplifting and stimulating, moreso than any benzo. For me it is almost like taking a stimulant, though of course at extreme doses it will cause sedation.

same here

i multi-task and whistle dixie on the right dose of diazapam or alprazolam

one of my favorite things to do is to dose in the morning so im fresh for the whole day - 10 or 20 mg of diazapam was my favorite - 1 mg if it's alprazolam

Opiate killer not always to slow one down, “Xanax to get you through the day” keeps me pushing through the stress of work

Etizolam is quite stimulating and uplifting, and pyrazolam is fairly stimulating (though not uplifting).
Alp and etiz are the two most uplifting benzos out there. Both seem to have an anti depressant effect also. In small to moderate doses. Possibly due to the fact they don't have muscle relaxant effects like diazepam

I have high basal anxiety levels and am basically a shut in. I started using xanax around 10 years ago so I could function. Half a milligram to 1 mg made a huge difference for me. It was the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. It made me very outgoing and sociable without being messy. I've been addicted to benzos ever since. Now 'xanax' is not fucking alprazolam, there's all sorts of analogues that is passed off as xanax. They are all shit. Very messy substances that ruin your tolerance, self control, and cause very bad anterograde amnesia.

I was able to responsibly self medicate 2 mg - max of 3mg of xanax or rough equivalent of etizolam for years and was highly functional. People would only suspect I was using drugs when I was abstinent. Then shit happened and I started abusing them and flualp, clonazolam etc. My tolerance got messed up bad. I was messed up really bad. I was in blackout mode for way too long. Trying to quit I had severe rebound anxiety and WD's where I would have psychotic delusions from days with no sleep and constantly on the verge of panic. I was not violent, i was terrorfied.

I have since tapered down a lot over the course of a year. But 'xanax' is definitely not the same now as it was a decade ago. Fuck knows what it is. Now I only use it to sleep, though It doesn't leave me rested, or even last long enough to get me through the night without a redose. I wake up feeling strung out and feel extreme lethargy and anhedonia. Most of the day I feel agitated and hypersensitive to environmental noise, light, and would describe myself as agoraphobic, or even hikikomori, if not just downright bed ridden unless I use some benzologue or opiate.

Over the decade I went from being extremely fit and aesthetic as I abused my body through exercise (3+ hours of intense cardio and resistance training a day) and diet to manage my anxiety (which was not a healthy coping mechanism, but it was healthier, mostly safer, and easier to quit once I found xanax), to now being obese, very unfit, mostly sedentary and isolated having a debilitating severely disabling and chronic pain inducing bone injury from an avoidably accident that requires very intrusive orthopedic surgery to heal, which I won't receive unless I'm clean (which is shit because I'd be better able to get clean if I wasn't physically disabled and in chronic pain, yet I don't have the will power to get clean first).

I can't even get clean even though I get no real positive effects besides some shut eye with shallow sleep, the courage to leave my house, and the respite from overwhelming lethargy to even do the basics to take care of my basic bodily needs, and ultimately stop trying to will myself to die.

I wasn't altogether when I discovered xanax, now I feel my body and mind are completely dilapidated.

Tl;dr: If you find benzos to be your DoC, just try to be very careful and set limits on your usage. Don't intentionally abuse them if shit happens. Also don't underestimate the dangers of powerful rc benzos, which are likely ingredients of shit passed off as xanax or alprazolam, even etizolam.

Trust me, I'm a hypocrite. Take care everyone.