Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What's the last MOVIE you watched? v 3.0

I rented the Invention of Lying last night. Overall it was a pretty good movie with some really funny scenes. It was kinda long for its genre and had some slow points.

^i have that coming next on my netflix, i'm very excited to see it.

last movie i watched was Paranormal Activity.

it was okay. give it 3/5 stars.

Aseriousman.jpg

damn it was good

i thought it was prety good as well although did not like the ending

Trivia: Leonardo di Caprio was offered the role of Matthew (played by Michael Pitt)...they KIND OF remind me of each other in some ways, I'm glad it was Michael who played him though. ;)

Yeah, I can see that as they both have that girly boy look which I find quite appealing. I like them both actually, but Michael is hot, whereas Leo is not. imo. But what do I know?. ;)

I had myself a mini movie marathon last night. I rarely buy DVD's anymore, but just had to buy this in a moment of weakness:

B000MTFFO0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

After my recent revisiting of various Brittany Murphy films, both good and bad, I searched imd for something a bit more recent which wasn't a lame looking chick flick. I'm not interested in things like The Ramen Girl etc, as that's not how I care to remember her. I preferred her edgier, more daring roles, as I think she had a lot more to offer than most people gave her credit for. It's just a shame that she also seemed to buy into that typical Hollywood bimbo schtick during more recent times. She was way better than that.

Anyway, during my search I discovered The Dead Girl. It has a strong cast with the likes of Toni Collette, Piper Laurie, Giovanni Ribisi, and Josh Brolin. All of which I'm rather fond of. It takes a look at how one persons actions can devastate the lives of everybody connected to it. It was really rather good, and somewhat sad to watch in places given the circumstances. But I am prone to punishing myself. :\

trailer

Then something to cheer me up because there's nothing like a bit of variety, but still continuing with the death theme. :D

B00009QUH5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've always loved Joan Plowright in this film. So fucking funny. =D

And then I passed out with a bottle of red wine to:

secretary.jpg

I can't believe it's eight years old already!. 8o

Last edited:
Last night I watched David And Lisa (the 1998 version):

51RQ0DT9CVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I've always been fond of movies about the mentally ill. It just fascinates me how the human mind works. But unfortunately, this was less fascinating and more predictable slush that didn't really go anywhere. :\

Anyway, it was OK. It wasn't as daring as I'd hoped it to be, but then, I pretty much guessed it wouldn't be as soon as I saw Oprah Winfrey's vomit inducing introduction. :!

6/10

BrightStarMoviePoster.jpg

a slow moving period piece that will bore the piss out of some heh. I love me some Abbie Cornish though so it was a must see for me. 3/5 on the performances alone.

500%20DAYS%20POSTER.jpg

It took about half an hour to warm up for me, but I ended up enjoying it. It wasn't anything amazing, but decent, with an equally decent soundtrack. I also really like like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

synecdoche-ny-poster.jpg

The DVD got stuck and went back to the beginning when it was about an hour into it. And you know what?, I didn't bother to restart it. This was the second time I tried to watch it, and I just wasn't feeling it. :\

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

I was amused, but it was definitely lacking something the original had. Seemed far more contrived and unbelievable. See: imaginary iguanas.

bookofeliart1.jpg

not a terrible movie. i'd say so-so.
i just think i'm kinda biased because in certain parts, it reminded me of the Fallout series.

but yeah, denzel plays his typical character. quiet badass who prefers to work alone, doesn't say much, throw in something mysterious about him, and yada yada.

Valentino_the_last_emperor.jpg

for some reason i enjoy docus about fashion designers. interesting to see what goes on behind the curtain.