Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

The Dark Divide

Quirky, cute story about a man unprepared for deep wilderness and how humbling/healing it can be.

In some ways the plot parallels Into The Wild, and is also based on a true story. It is much less serious and less tragic in comparison, but nonetheless inspiring. I've always deeply resonated with Chris McCandless, maybe that's why I enjoyed this movie so much.

I also love David Cross and think he was perfectly cast in this.

Not sure this movie is everyone's cup of tea, but if you love nature and wilderness, you will probably enjoy it.

Dune 2 is loaded up tonight in a few hours.. really looking forward to seeing it.
Wife and I went on Friday night to see it. Packed theater. Every single mother fucker in the theater was talking and still had their phones out 20 minutes into the film. I stood up, said "Come on honey, let's go." Then shouted, "Fuck these people!!" Then I demanded a refund from the manager who obliged me and we went home.

I'm excited to buy it on 4k UHD in May when it is released. Until then, I'll have to wait. I'm never going to the movies again.

Wife and I went on Friday night to see it. Packed theater. Every single mother fucker in the theater was talking and still had their phones out 20 minutes into the film. I stood up, said "Come on honey, let's go." Then shouted, "Fuck these people!!" Then I demanded a refund from the manager who obliged me and we went home.

I'm excited to buy it on 4k UHD in May when it is released. Until then, I'll have to wait. I'm never going to the movies again.

damn, maybe try going at a slower time? It's really worth it to see on the big screen imo. It's stunning.
i watched it on a huge 80ft screen. Loved it. Was a little rushed toward the end but I think that was most likely the studios fault. The movie needed to be another 30 minutes longer at least but I think that would've hurt ticket sales probably

damn, maybe try going at a slower time? It's really worth it to see on the big screen imo. It's stunning.
i watched it on a huge 80ft screen. Loved it. Was a little rushed toward the end but I think that was most likely the studios fault. The movie needed to be another 30 minutes longer at least but I think that would've hurt ticket sales probably
It’s hard for us due to our work schedule. Plus this is the fifth movie in a row that has been ruined for my wife so I’ll have to go alone but I work nights so it’s hard for me to go. We’ll see.

So when you guys went did you see ANYTHING in the previews you were remotely interested in seeing?

So when you guys went did you see ANYTHING in the previews you were remotely interested in seeing?
Nah. I never got into the planet of the apes or godzilla films and that's all I recall seeing the ads for.

Yeah, it was a pretty God awful theater experience. I would blame the town we went to but I've experienced this shit at every theater in every town I've lived the past three years. The pandemic broke society, to include theater viewing.

50 dead men walking.

Great movie about the IRA and a guy who was secretly working for the British.

Why is this considered the best rated movie across the board? I mean it's good, did Thomas Newman do the score? Seems like all the movies soundtracks that he composed get extremely high ratings

T. Neuman, music is liked widely, probably - based on his old film scores & links with oscar winning films (wild guess!?)...a bit sheepish, perhaps but nevertheless, imho his scores are pleasant, often extremely, beautiful.

Seen a furore online questioning SSR ratings, recently...bizarre imo, many movies were 'herdly-popular' in the 90s-2000's - case in point: 'Snatch'.

...yeah, that wonderful, chestnut. 😂

Last edited:
20 days in Mariupol, a documentary about the seige of the Ukrainian city, Mariupol. It won the Academy Award for Best Feature Film Documentary, among other awards.
It is basically the heart wrenching documentary about the seige and capture of a Ukrainian City.
It is sad, graphic and well shot. At times hard to watch because of the deaths of children. It was extremely well done given the circumstances of when and where it was shot.
It can be seen free on YouTube.

My dear friend,that propaganda can affect only you westerners.Now after this terroristic act in Moscow the biggest project of CIA called Ukraine,which is also a biggest money laundering machine in the world is finished.I have no doubt about it