Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona

i was sure christina ricci was in this movie. she isn't. it is good anyway. much better than The Last Days of Disco, which has a distinguished feel but missed. Barcelona works. the dialogue is flat and funny. the characters are human yet fantastic. got a little boring in the middle, but never completely lost me. a quality watch.

Last edited:
last night had a great time sharing one of my favourites to a few good friends, and it had the precise horror/confusion effect i had hoped for.

Perfect_Blue.jpg

seriously love this film

No one has mentioned that Dibo from Friday is the black dude that takes the detonator on the boat. Figured he would have just stole it, good old Dibo.

he also played the president of earth in fifth element. =D:Dbig bald head and boggly eyed ftw! i keep expecting him to steal someone's bike :D

^oh man, i need to re-watch that movie. it, Ghost in the Shell, and Akira made up my anime stint some 10 years ago. haven't seen Perfect Blue since.

also. that cover art is very cool, very pretty.

last night had a great time sharing one of my favourites to a few good friends...
^always fun.

then you must find a copy of this less well known gem
ts

an otomo story, so you know the climax will be crazy

i've said it before, my dream 5th and final alien saga film would be by katsuhiro otomo. his take on biomechanics would make an awesome earth based bookend in that series.

Citizen X

Docudrama about a real life Soviet serial killer.

It was pretty informative, I found out that in Soviet Russia killers catch you.

^ Love that film

lion_king_ver4_xlg.jpg

The Lion King

Saw it in the theater last night. Wasn't in 3D and wasn't at the Imax, but was still incredible.

Despite having seen this movie countless* times now, I still cried when Mufasa died. :(

(*How many times must you watch a VHS to wear it out? I wore out the VHS we got in '94/95 before '96.)

My friend and I were stoned and kinda drunk when we watched it. He said "It was the saddest movie he'd ever seen" and was almost brought to tears, lol. I don't think I could have handled it on Acid or Shrooms...no fucking way.

I watched this recently, too (your post intrigued me). I thought it was kinda...eh...It definitely had some mindfuck moments, but I was kinda underwhelmed by the end. I'm gonna watch Roujin-Z in a few minutes, Akira is one of my favorite movies.

nike-dunk-high-pro-sb-ferris-bueller-sample-detailed-pictures.jpg

Even as a teenager; in an etheral state of rebellion, I still thought F.B. was an annoyingly, smug cunt.
I watched this for Alan Ruck. ;)

last night had a great time sharing one of my favourites to a few good friends, and it had the precise horror/confusion effect i had hoped for.

Perfect_Blue.jpg

seriously love this film

Ahh I <3 that film too..

Not watched a film for a little while, but last one I saw was this:

Eastern_Promises_10.jpg

Excellent film :)

No Country for Old Men (2007)

I saw it once before, but I was on a plane to Hawaii, so it was hard to hear and pay attention. Plus, I was drinking.

I finally watched it again, but I still feel like I'm missing something from it. It was definitely a good movie, but I feel like seeing it again would give me a better understanding of all the characters. The acting was great especially by Javier Bardem (Chigurh) and Tommy Lee Jones. Bardem was creepy in every scene he had especially the ones with longer dialogues (like with the old man in the gas station).

Edit:
After another viewing I'd say my favorite scene is when Chigurh is in the gas station in the beginning of the movie talking to the old man. He's creepy in all his scenes, but I thought that one was the best.

"What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?"

Last edited:
I caught this movie on HBO the other morning
It's one of those movies you've never heard of and flip it on and just cannot stop watching

Heaven Help Us (1985)

Heaven%20Help%20Us%20DVD.jpg

It's a coming of age film about a new student at an all boys catholic prep school set in the early 60's in New York
It has Donald Sutherland, John Hearth, Kevin Dillon and a few other notable actors

But it was a pretty good movie and I'd recommend it to anyone

I watched this recently, too (your post intrigued me). I thought it was kinda...eh...It definitely had some mindfuck moments, but I was kinda underwhelmed by the end. I'm gonna watch Roujin-Z in a few minutes, Akira is one of my favorite movies.

perfect blue is not your ordinary anime. what did you think of roujin z?

take-me-home-tonight-14-12-10-kc.jpg

Take me home tonight, rewatched this last night based in the 80's so has got a good soundtrack and some quite funny bits in it.

I rewatched it and don't do that with many films so yeah I think it was worth watching.
Pretty sure it won't be everyone's cuppa but if you have nothing else to watch there's a whole lot worse out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.