Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The House on the Edge of the Park (1980) - 4 stars - not sure why I waited so long to watch this one! I love Italian horror, plus this is directed by the guy who did Cannibal Ferox (AKA Make Them Die Slowly) (1981) and the main villain is played by the guy who plays the main villain in The Last House on the Left (1972). I liked it.

Wrong cannibal movie...Deodato also directed "Cannibal Holocaust" ;)

Wrong cannibal movie...Deodato also directed "Cannibal Holocaust" ;)

YES. I fucking knew that as well lol, Cannibal Holocaust is my favourite from that sub-genre. I blame it on a brain-fart haha. Thanks for pointing that out, Imma edit that post to save further embarrassment.

Schock (1977) - 3 stars - while I love Mario Bava, this isn't one of his better efforts. I mean, it is enjoyable but....yeah, it;s just okay. I watched it three days ago, though, and can barely remember anything about it.

Manhattan Baby (1982) - 2.5 stars - MEH

Giallo (2009) - 2.5 stars - three meh movies in a row :(

Traces of Death IV: Resurrected (1996) - 3 stars - More of the same...if you've seen any of these documentaries you know what to expect: basically Faces of Death, but actually with all-real footage. Personally, I find these really interesting.

Traces of Death V: Back in Action (2000) - 3 stars - As above

What Have They Done To Your Daughters? (1974) - 3.5 stars - Sort-of sequel to What Have You Done to Solange? (1972). This was an interesting hybrid of the gialli and poliziottesco genres. Police try and solve the mysterious death of a teenage prostitute while a killer in a motorcycle helmet is killing off anybody who might have the answers. I enjoyed this movie, more so than I expect to.

Koyaanisqatsi (1983) Produced by Francis Ford Coppola, music by Philip Glass. Gotta smoke a doob and get good and high to watch this. Don't worry, there isn't any dialog to keep track of and the music and imagery are pretty good. It's actually the first of a trilogy but I haven't seen the other two. If you watch the free one on youtube it has commercials that interrupt it and I would not recommend this. Buzz kill for sure.

Deep Water

Great film featuring gorgeous woman who fucks guys behind her husband's back. Husband stalks and murders them. Later on it's revealed she knows and gets aroused that he kills for her.

:)

It’s been a while since I watched this film but it was really good and I can recommend it. I like these 70-80ies films where they show cities and streets of Germany from back then. I grew up in the 80ies and it gives me a nostalgic feeling.

Paris, Texas. An older Film from wenders. Nothing special, another average piece. The one one post up was better by a good bit.

Paris, Texas. An older Film from wenders. Nothing special, another average piece. The one one post up was better by a good bit.
What's that one about? I just visited Paris, Texas last month and took a picture of my wife and dog in front of their little Eifel Tower lol

Something about Someone wo searches his brother. Not interesting at all but as i said, I can really recommend The American friend by him.

Firestarter (2022) - 3 stars - It wasn't bad at all, I quite liked it, but I was still disappointed. There was so much cool stuff and subplots in the book that weren't included in the Drew Barrymore version that I was hoping would be included in this, but they weren't. It wasn't a bad movie, though.

The Cat O'Nine Tails (1971) - 3.5 stars - Not the best giallo, but still a solid offering from Dario Argento. Glad I watched it, a few interesting deaths, an interesting mystery and I've now completed the directors "animal" trilogy - the other two being The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970) and Four Flies on Grey Velvet (1972). The main issue I had was that it felt overly long. If they had shaved 20 minutes off it would have been more enjoyable, I think.

Black Glasses (AKA Dark Glasses) (2022) - 3 stars - I was excited to see this came out today, since it's the first movie Argento has made in 10 years. Um...average. That's it really. A very average giallo. It's not especially good, nor bad.

Morbius - 2.5/5

Very underwhelming... serious lack of character development, flat characters, one dimensional and predictable story, boring ending... decent visuals and I liked it more than most Marvel movies because it's somewhat dark like DC

My wife and I rewatched Blade Runner and the follow up, Blade Runner: 2049 the past two nights.

Blade Runner is as always a 10/10 film, no better sci-fi/existential/noir film out there IMO.

Blade Runner: 2049 was a lot better watching it shortly after the first, in fact I really really enjoyed it this time. Lots more to catch. Acting was great from everyone, even the normally shitty Jared Leto. In fact if he wasn’t in the film at all it would garner a coveted 9/10 from me but Leto’s presence knocks it down to 8.5/10.

Dennis Villanueve has done some good sci-fi’s, especially the recent Dune adaptation which I’d rank a 9/10. @perpetualdawn I guess I was wrong about 2049 and just wanted to hate it lol

Get Out

The Jordan Peele film from 2017, can't believe I slept on this one because it was excellent and very well told. The acting was good, it was creepy and I have re-watched it twice since.

Men (2022)

Alex Garland impressed the hell out of me with Ex Machina. Annihilation was okay, not a big fan but enjoyed it.

Men was quite possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen though. The first hour is mad decent with tense build up and a great atmosphere, coupled with a great soundtrack. Then the last 40 minutes were just... sheer... umm, shitty, not even worth it like David Cronenberg films body-horror shit, with rather bland and vague allusions and some in your face shit. It was awful.

Don't bother seeing this film. The first hour doesn't make the last 40 minutes worth seeing.

2/10

Status
Not open for further replies.