• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Whats the adult taget dosage 4 Ritalin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
My doc is moving slowly up cuz he said that w the Vyvanse causing anxiety issues which in turn caused a lot more anxiety issues. I barely feel my 5 mg twice a day.

So anyone on Methylphenidate and what has worked best 4 you. Maybe even ER if that's necessary.

Try L theanine instead with coffee or an energy drink

No quack poison needed. There's no magic dosage, everyone is different. I'd say.....stay away from Ritalin, Adderall, and all that garbage.

L theanine, caffeine, and CBD, literally replaces ritalin.

Ps - I come from the invega thread so I hate dr psychiatrists and the drugs they prescribe

Adult doses are usually in the 2 to 4 10mg tablets a day range.

Dexmethylphenidate is quite a bit cleaner feeling though.

My doc is moving slowly up cuz he said that w the Vyvanse causing anxiety issues which in turn caused a lot more anxiety issues. I barely feel my 5 mg twice a day.

So anyone on Methylphenidate and what has worked best 4 you. Maybe even ER if that's necessary.
5mg of methylphenidate twice a day sounds like very little of a dose.

I am on dexmethylphenidate which, from the admittedly small body of literature I could find on the topic of it's relative potency compared with that of methylphenidate was 2 times as potent. I also take it sublingualy which I feel is far more effective than orally the catch is that in my experience the anxiety isn't as bad with phenidates as it is with amphetamines but the phenidates seem to mess with my body a bit more and in my opinion have worse comdowns. maybe ask your doctor about dexmethylphenidate (focalin) though I wouldn't recommend sublingual dosing if you have an anxious reaction to stimulants the faster the onset the less time you have to get used to the effects as they come on. I will also say that I my executive function can be improved while I don't notice many effects in a similar manner to how coffee can wake you up and help you focus but if you just spawned into the experience you wouldn't guess that you were on anything. maybe a little meditation while you on the low dose just to help you really feel around for any mild otherwise unrecognizable effects. I sometimes take intentionally sub psychoactive doses because I want a bit more enthusiasm for things I wouldn't otherwise have it for and to suppress how tired I am and I think the value of a super small dose could be easily overlooked but if you can get benefits without awful comedowns and muscle tightening why not.

5mg of methylphenidate twice a day sounds like very little of a dose.
Yeah, with concerta (methylphenidate XR) the lowest dose available are 18mgs and it goes up to 72mg if I'm correct.

@InvegaIsdeath I fully understand your aversion against psychiatry drugs and quacks but as much as I'd love for caffeine et al to replace stimulants for adhd, they just don't. I think it's important not to throw all stuff in the same bin.

Racemic Methylphenidate (Ritalin) ED-50 is 0.25mg / per Kg of body weight….ED-50 (effective dose to inhibit 50% of DAT)

Ritalin 5/10/20mg tablets

Adult male 180/200lbs - initially started at 10mg tablets X 3 daily, then if tolerated or needed increased to 20mg tablets X 3 daily is max suggested dose. 60mg daily for adult male

Biphentin 80mg capsules are available in Canada (40% IR / 60% release 4 hours later, peaking 5/6h)

Ritalin 100mg is the “glass ceiling” rarely passed, but some tolerant patient may require slightly above 100mg

Yeah, with concerta (methylphenidate XR) the lowest dose available are 18mgs and it goes up to 72mg if I'm correct.

@InvegaIsdeath I fully understand your aversion against psychiatry drugs and quacks but as much as I'd love for caffeine et al to replace stimulants for adhd, they just don't. I think it's important not to throw all stuff in the same bin.
It's my bias
St johns wort acts as a natural MAOI, which is better than am SSRI. I'd like to see real studies with these supplements where people got SJW but thought it was an SSRI

Those drugs are also a menace to your gastrointestinal tract. This also causes depression

I currently take 36mg Concerta, with Lyrica and an SSRI. I understand the concern, however there are some individuals who can handle stimulants just fine. I have treatment related side effects to breast cancer and my fatigue overtakes my life, so having some focus and energy is a welcome change.

10 x 2 times a day. He wants to go slow which I get but being that I'm away from the ice dealer I can finally text out how well I do with it. W Adderall there was a lot of peaks and valley's, with this it's just straight thru s I think I'm good to go. Maybe 3 times day.

10 x 2 times a day. He wants to go slow which I get but being that I'm away from the ice dealer I can finally text out how well I do with it. W Adderall there was a lot of peaks and valley's, with this it's just straight thru s I think I'm good to go. Maybe 3 times day.
Way to go bro, I'm also on Addrall XR30
I'm also on Addrall XR 30 mill 3 time a day. Like u also far away from any plugs for ICE, thank god! I never received the help I needed because of the location and the immediate a cheep source I had, hell sometimes I would just get it for free.
Enough said about that. My parents pulled me out and brought me home to detox and after with the help of my general practitioner I go a referral to see a psychiatrist. Within a week I was on a SSRI Zoloft 30 mg and also found out that I had ADHD. It took some trial and error and error with the methylphenidate and a extended release concerta but now I'm on Adderall and it works like a godsend I know I'll still have those images but being away from those locations and people makes life worth living again

Have you tried Desoxyn? I'm not sure if your doctor is open enough to write a script for it given how the media demonize methamphetamine. It's really one of the most potent and most efficacious drugs if used correctly (speaking from personal experience). I read some time ago that meth is also less peripherally active than d-amphetamine (Vyvanse, Adderall, Dexedrine, etc.) so a pharma-grade d-meth might give you less anxiety.

Read this excerpt:
Screenshot-2023-04-13-at-12-16-32-PM.png

Yeah, based on my own experience is meth superior to amphetamine, less anxiety and jitteryness, more euphoria (which unfortunately is seen as a side effect) but also more prone to induce insomnia and rebound depression. They should research novel stims instead of leaving them to the RC market & approving the next methylphenidate spin-off.