• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric What's more Meaningful for You: Acid Hallucinations, Ketamine Visions, DMT Breakthroughs?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Obviously acid trips, ketamine dissociations, and DMT breaktthroughs are all really quite different kinds of experience. But they have in common that many people attribute spirutual power, healing and/ or enlightenment to them

For those sprituaists and mystics amongst us i am, curious how you rate the mystical power of these experiences realtive to one another. For example are they essentilly different variations of the same experience or are they uniquely different or work on your problems and issues is completely different ways?

My personal experience is that I ALWAYS feel profoundly changed in the way I grasp the world following an unbuffered and zero tolerance LSD trip even though they are not often visual to me. On the other hand Katamine visions for me are profoundly visual and full of joy and wonder but I think I always come back exectly the same persion (they with my brian fired to crisp in some cases). I'ive only tinkered around the ended of DMT and not yet really gone for a full high level breakthrough but my early feelings are that it is going to be a lot like Ketamine.

I've felt strong past trauma leave me through LSD trips but sometimes feel that Ketamine leaves trauma in place and maybe even weakens my defences againt it without actually ever cleaning it up.

When hitting ego death on LSD I literally have no care or concern what and where I am in the universe. I'm just blissing noo matter wht. However on ketamine ego death I have always had a small corner of myself going "hey Fuck man! You can get trapped in this loop forever! You've reached the absolute bottom of the hole. This is all there is asd all you are". At that point I I can feel a slight bit of "fucking hell: did I take too much" but I never really panic or feel fear.

I'm actually thinking about not working with ketamine too much more because while it always feels like an incredible adventure, it does seem the lack profundity or permanent change (plus it's caused me to stsrt jabbing myself again with needles which I don't want to do regularly)

I don't really hear people talking about Ketamine like it is a profoubnd experience. I'm interested to hear from anybody who thinks LSD or DMT is profound but thinks Ketamine is just for kids or just shits and giggles.

For me, DMT hands down.
The immersiveness of the hallucinations is indeed very entheogenic. Like a million shiney mirrors flowing inside the brain.
Every trip is so internal everytime that it becomes alien feeling. Viewing the mend between inner and outer world.

However on ketamine ego death I have always had a small corner of myself going "hey Fuck man! You can get trapped in this loop forever! You've reached the absolute bottom of the hole. This is all there is asd all you are".
I gotta chime in here: if you experience ego-death, there's no resistance. No part of yourself warning you, because that part has been temporarily dissolved. If you do hear those panicked warnings, it's because you're bordering on the experience but the ego clings on.

So ego death can never be negative? Because there is nothing there to feel or experience the negativity?

The point up to the dissolving can certainly be distressing, but if the concept of self and ego is temporarily put out of play, what is left to experience negativity?

Yeah. I’ve fel panicky enough going under. But never when i am actually feeling the infinite and eternal and may never come back.
Right before it "unleashes", it can certainly feel like dying, or losing it to never return to baseline.

I kind of feel that ketakine visions are more meaningful in the moment but that LSD is still more profound - despite being way less visual.

i never feel changed as a person coming back from ketamine. But even if i don’t see much trippy stuff I feel altered by LSD

I almost forgot-
LSD+ ketamine after the peak
brain explosions. I wouldnt call it more entheogenic than DMT, but it certainly felt very spiritual for all the same reasons. Feeling ego death and bleeding thoughts of introspection melting into the external world but all stretched out over some time.

I’d say LSD and DMT overall have more profound nature to them, but everyone’s different and some love K. To me it’s just never been more than a way to end the night of a trip or roll plus add some antidepressant qualities as well.

DMT is just amazing. When I smoke it, all the problems of the world have such easy answers. I’m shown indescribable beauty.

-GC

I’d say LSD and DMT overall have more profound nature to them, but everyone’s different and some love K. To me it’s just never been more than a way to end the night of a trip or roll plus add some antidepressant qualities as well.

DMT is just amazing. When I smoke it, all the problems of the world have such easy answers. I’m shown indescribable beauty.

-GC
That's interesting. I find it absolutely impossible to sleep after a solid K session. I always need a sedative of some kind to totally switch off. I also suspect it might lose it's imediate anti-depressant qualities after a very solid session in it. However, this is based on taking it in combination with MDMA which might be more a reflection of the MDMA comedown cutting through the next day. All in all I think it definitely cuts depression when taken by itself. Certainly following ceasing meth use it does.

That's interesting. I find it absolutely impossible to sleep after a solid K session. I always need a sedative of some kind to totally switch off. I also suspect it might lose it's imediate anti-depressant qualities after a very solid session in it. However, this is based on taking it in combination with MDMA which might be more a reflection of the MDMA comedown cutting through the next day. All in all I think it definitely cuts depression when taken by itself. Certainly following ceasing meth use it does.
Yah i can't get sleep for 2 to 3 hours after my last dose too.

And the antidepressant qualities are simply amazing. LSD makes me feel better for like a day or so but with ket it's weeks if not longer.

I haven't taken DMT, and never got into K enough to go really deep with it - the experience kind of disturbs me. So I'm not in a position to answer your question

.. but I'm going to answer a different one, comparing LSD to 5-MeO-DMT lol.. (which, as you know dear reader, is a completely different animal from DMT). I've gone deeper with 5-MeO-DMT and had that quintessential mystical experience with it, whereas LSD has always orbited it on the periphery. So in a way, how can something be more meaningful than this experience of complete emptiness/ground state/union? Well that experience is so far beyond meaning. You could call it the most meaningful thing, but it is so unified that there is no discriminating wisdom to pull out of it. It's a cliché, but it really just is. You know, after 5-MeO-DMT fetching wood, chopping water.. So LSD has been more meaningful for me, the trips are filled to the brim with meaning. It's connected to this world, at altitude, rather than fully transcendent of it.

I haven't taken DMT, and never got into K enough to go really deep with it - the experience kind of disturbs me. So I'm not in a position to answer your question

.. but I'm going to answer a different one, comparing LSD to 5-MeO-DMT lol.. (which, as you know dear reader, is a completely different animal from DMT). I've gone deeper with 5-MeO-DMT and had that quintessential mystical experience with it, whereas LSD has always orbited it on the periphery. So in a way, how can something be more meaningful than this experience of complete emptiness/ground state/union? Well that experience is so far beyond meaning. You could call it the most meaningful thing, but it is so unified that there is no discriminating wisdom to pull out of it. It's a cliché, but it really just is. You know, after 5-MeO-DMT fetching wood, chopping water.. So LSD has been more meaningful for me, the trips are filled to the brim with meaning. It's connected to this world, at altitude, rather than fully transcendent of it.
I've been holding onto a small amount of 5-MeO-DMT for a while now and some day I will be brave enough to consume it. However, as a khole has just put me in my place and taught me a humbling lesson, today will not be that day.

Edit: I wrote about the hole.

Last edited:
Hmm...

I would say I've definitely had way more meaningful LSD experiences (high dose CEVs) compared to every other psychedelic. DMT breakthroughs are certainly more profound... but simultaneously more nonsensical and sort of chaotic alien meaningless. It's difficult for me to absorb anything from DMT and bring it back with me to add to my life.

I've had more "this is the true reality"/mystical experiences with LSD than DMT or anything else. DMT is just too alien, it's more of an extroverted experience for me vs introverted.

ketamine is just weird as shit and it's hard for me to compare, different drug

LSD + DMT = THE ULTIMATE HIGH... every single time I've communicated with God and have had INSANELY PROFOUND EXPERIENCES that I'll never forget, it's next level combo