• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

For those who have Netflix, or don't even, Son's of Anarchy is well worth a watch.

It's a much more complex program than a motorcycle gang getting into fights, although there is plenty of that. =D

I've just finished the first season & I feel like I'm 3 seasons in... it has lots of drama & twists. Bring on Season 2!

Sons of anarchy is wicked

Also Homeland i watched recently, quality. Game of thrones new episode soon

new thrones on pc cant be fucked to sit and watch on pc tho, wish ps4 would play fucking video files off a usb stick!
homeland is nice too

Vikings. I'm sure it's been talked about before, it's definitely worth a watch. Apparently it's based on actual events and people.

I need to get some new classic TV series in to watch. Something on DVD box sets that will help the evenings go by quicker without drugs, something that will be gripping enough to relieve boredom? Out of Dexter, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, Homeland, True Detective (and anything else i may have missed) what would be the most highly recommended?

Is there a web site/forum discussing the best modern age TV series that anyone could recommend?

Cheers Dan, I reckon I'll get me a Sopranos box set in off ebay or amazon. Will probably be able to sell it after ive watched it for more or less the same price so will hopefully be able to get into it and binge on Sopranos instead of substances to get me through the tricky 'what do i do now once ive overcome the physical and psychological aspects of substance quitting' stage. Breaking Bad got me through one of those phases a few months ago, so i think there is definately something to be said for having proper quality substitues/distractions/alternatives put into place.

Plus the snooker world championships are coming up soon, if Ronnie lives up to expectation he'll be around for the full 17 days and it will be a pleasure to have him to watch aswell.

No worries mate, try and get homeland season 1 as well, should be pretty cheap. reckon you'll like it a lot, one of the best things ive seen for awhile

haha, ok thanks for the feedback. Back to the drawing board then (or back to a random episode to have a better listen to the roar as it should be done)

Marine 'A': Criminal or Casualty of War?

Interesting doc about a marine that was convicted of murder after shooting an Afghan insurgent outside of the 'Rules of Engagement'. Raises a number of intriguing questions about what is and what isn't acceptable for soldiers at war. I must admit I am of the opinion that the verdict in this particular case was correct. I can't see any way around the fact it was murder - albeit an unusual and unfortunate situation for all concerned (not least for the dead fella) - and ten years seems reasonable for such a crime as I would agree there are extenuating circumstances and the marine is unlikely to pose a threat to society in general. The programme does raise interesting and difficult issues about the whole concept of applying "normal" law to a situation like war and is worth a watch on that basis. Would be interesting to see what others make of the case and the verdict and sentence handed down.

I need to get some new classic TV series in to watch. Something on DVD box sets that will help the evenings go by quicker without drugs, something that will be gripping enough to relieve boredom?

Dexter & Game of Thrones are by far the best you have listed... by a country mile. Homeland Season 1 & 2 are both really good too though.

I use Imdb to search for the best rated shows (Highest Rated TV Series With At Least 5000 Votes), then check them out on Rottentomatoes & TV.com.

I think TV.com might have some forums with discussion too.

Cheers, i keep missing the deadline on ebay auctions for Homeland as I allways do last minute bids. Literally pressing return with 2seconds to spare so no fucker gets the chance to outbid me, unless theyve allready entered a higher secret reseve price, so i normally add a couple of extra quid to my bid just incase.

seasons 1 and 2 went for £11 which was a bargain, and the others are going for £16 upwards. Just need to be patient. If i get it for a good price I'll be able to re-sell it without hardly loosing any money, and can then 'reinvest' the money from my payapal account to go towards Dexter and Game of Thrones. I expect it will be ages before True Detective appears on DVD, though i like the look of that series.

Last edited:
Yeah it does take American series a while to come across to Free-to-Air channels, not always though. Channel 4 & Channel 5 (inc. 5USA, 5*) seem to be the ones which air the most US series.

I signed up for Netflix, it's like £5.99 a month & saves me lots of money on buying DVDs. Sure, it's not got everything but it's well worth it.

Has Dexter, Justified, Son's of Anarachy... many others. They were running a free 1 month trial when I joined...

You could sign up & watch Homeland & some Dexter without paying a penny! I guess it depends on your internet speed/limit too though.

Just set a reminder to cancel the subscription before the month it up, or keep it if you like it :)

Last edited:
I didnt realise netflix was only £5.99. That's got to be worth looking into. Apparently almost everything ever released on film or TV is available to watch, is that right ?

I didnt realise netflix was only £5.99. That's got to be worth looking into. Apparently almost everything ever released on film or TV is available to watch, is that right ?

Only in the US.

They need to buy the rights to air in each country separately I think. So being as they haven't been in the UK long, they need to expand their customer base before putting more titles up. Or at least that is my understanding.

According to comparisons I looked up, Netflix has the biggest selection compared to Amazon Prime Streaming & Now TV. Now TV has more up to date stuff though. Netflix tends to be 1 or 2 years behind with TV series although some are promoted by them & come out the same year.

It's still a good selection though & expanding all the time. Just sign up & see for yourself with the free trial.

Just do the DNS trick on ps3/4, to get USA netflix, think theres a plugin too for firefox etc,