• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What went wrong on his first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998manoman

Greenlighter
Okay so It started out earlier around 3pm when I was looking around for a pill or a cig or somthing(He has never done anything other than weed) he looked in his moms room and when He looked in his moms boyfriends glasses he found a quarter of a Percocet left. His mom was at work at the time but her boyfriend we doing yard work. So He took it and ran to his room and snorted it and felt high for maybe 5 minuts. Keep in mind it was less than 2 regular lines. But he does know it was a perc because the last 2 numbers inpeinted on it were still there so He looked it up and it was a perc (04) was the numbers

Then when he went back in there he noticed a small lock box and when He wiggled it He could hear pills moving around but He didn't know what kind. He didn't have the key so I picked it with a bobby pin. It took him awhile to learn how to pick it but he got it eventually. Inside there were multiple pill bottles. The only 2 prescription pills that were left were Xanax(1mg) bars and adderal(30mg) at the time He just took an adderal. (There was 120 pills in each bottle so he would never notice) He went up to his room and read about it online and decided to snort half of the pill to see how it went. He did it and felt nothing. So He went down stairs, smoked a cig out front and still nothing. He went back up snorted the rest and went down stairs and still nothing. By this time it was 8 and his mom gets home. He goes back up and pick the lock and steal another and snort it. Still nothing but He did feel alittle jittery but nothing special that He was hoping for. By this time He had 60mg of adderal in him within 2 hours. He went down stairs and noticed He was talking more than normal but He acted and felt completely normal. He went back up picked it again and took another and 2 xanexs. He went and snorted the adderal, went downstairs with his family but this time he felt kinda different. When he'd sit down his legs would constantly be shaking, and when He touched his head it felt like pins and needles wherever He touched. I still wasn't convinced it was good enough. I could act and think normally...He understood it's a stimulate but he anticipated much more

He read online that some people get euphoria off it and He got none so He wanted to keep going. But this time whenever He would get up bis head would rush and it felt uncomfortable to walk. He just wanted to sit still. Then he noticed this was the come down...and He was pissed because He never even felt anything worth while. He stood in the kitchen for 10 miuts trying to deal with the comdown. He got a bowl of cereal and water but could eat or drink. It's now 12:00 and He goes upstairs. He feels like he has to throw up and his whole face is numb. He lays in his bed and every time He went to move it hurts. He kept thinking he overdosed...but He kept thinking how? He read online about people who took 275mg. Now he's scared and paranoid. So he looked online and read xanex makes it better and He knew he had them but He thought that if He snorted more adderal it would take the pain away. He wasn't ready to get sleepy and go I bed, which is appertly what xanex does, So he snuck into his parents room, picked the box and took a adderall. Went to his room and layed in his bed cause He couldn't move anymore. He didn't have the energy to do anything. Even crush up the pill or swallow it whole. There's pins and needles all over him and his stomach kills(like someones stabbing him) and his legs won't stop moving. He didn't snort the adderal right away because He was afraid He was already ODing and that taking more would kill him or somthing. It's 2:00am and He got the courage to cut it in half and snort it. He could barley do it cause of how much it hurt and He almost threw up because of how bad it tasted when I got drips. He couldn't do the other half cause He just wanted to die at this point. Remember he had no tolerence..never has he touched a pill but earlier that day and that was nothing. He couldn't drink or eat so He gave up and got out hos xanex and broke it and half(cause he didn't wanna take to much) and swallowed it...worst idea ever. Since He broke it in half He could taste the medicine and it was completely horrid. He swallowed it and kept gagging and finally threw up. He did 2 times and after He did He felt 20 times better...but the weakness and sickness was still there. He had to clean out the bucket of puke all while going through the comedown of 120mg of adderal. Now Hes laying in bed at 4:30 in the morning and can't sleep, while tryin to figure out what went wrong.

He has no idea what went wrong. He thinks he should've swallowed them instead of snorted. Or did he just not waiting enough to feel the effect? Tell me what you think. Thanks

Btw he weighs 145 ands 5"10 and he's 14 but will be 15 in 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
took too much adderall

Okay so It started out earlier around 3pm when SWIM was looking around for a pill or a cig or somthing(He has never done anything other than weed) he looked in his moms room and when He looked in his moms boyfriends glasses he found a quarter of a Percocet left. His mom was at work at the time but her boyfriend we doing yard work. So He took it and ran to his room and snorted it and felt high for maybe 5 minuts. Keep in mind it was less than 2 regular lines. But he does know it was a perc because the last 2 numbers inpeinted on it were still there so He looked it up and it was a perc (04) was the numbers

Then when he went back in there he noticed a small lock box and when He wiggled it He could hear pills moving around but He didn't know what kind. He didn't have the key so I picked it with a bobby pin. It took him awhile to learn how to pick it but he got it eventually. Inside there were multiple pill bottles. The only 2 prescription pills that were left were Xanax(1mg) bars and adderal(30mg) at the time He just took an adderal. (There was 120 pills in each bottle so he would never notice) He went up to his room and read about it online and decided to snort half of the pill to see how it went. He did it and felt nothing. So He went down stairs, smoked a cig out front and still nothing. He went back up snorted the rest and went down stairs and still nothing. By this time it was 8 and his mom gets home. He goes back up and pick the lock and steal another and snort it. Still nothing but He did feel alittle jittery but nothing special that He was hoping for. By this time He had 60mg of adderal in him within 2 hours. He went down stairs and noticed He was talking more than normal but He acted and felt completely normal. He went back up picked it again and took another and 2 xanexs. He went and snorted the adderal, went downstairs with his family but this time he felt kinda different. When he'd sit down his legs would constantly be shaking, and when He touched his head it felt like pins and needles wherever He touched. I still wasn't convinced it was good enough. I could act and think normally...He understood it's a stimulate but he anticipated much more

He read online that some people get euphoria off it and He got none so He wanted to keep going. But this time whenever He would get up bis head would rush and it felt uncomfortable to walk. He just wanted to sit still. Then he noticed this was the come down...and He was pissed because He never even felt anything worth while. He stood in the kitchen for 10 miuts trying to deal with the comdown. He got a bowl of cereal and water but could eat or drink. It's now 12:00 and He goes upstairs. He feels like he has to throw up and his whole face is numb. He lays in his bed and every time He went to move it hurts. He kept thinking he overdosed...but He kept thinking how? He read online about people who took 275mg. Now he's scared and paranoid. So he looked online and read xanex makes it better and He knew he had them but He thought that if He snorted more adderal it would take the pain away. He wasn't ready to get sleepy and go I bed, which is appertly what xanex does, So he snuck into his parents room, picked the box and took a adderall. Went to his room and layed in his bed cause He couldn't move anymore. He didn't have the energy to do anything. Even crush up the pill or swallow it whole. There's pins and needles all over him and his stomach kills(like someones stabbing him) and his legs won't stop moving. He didn't snort the adderal right away because He was afraid He was already ODing and that taking more would kill him or somthing. It's 2:00am and He got the courage to cut it in half and snort it. He could barley do it cause of how much it hurt and He almost threw up because of how bad it tasted when I got drips. He couldn't do the other half cause He just wanted to die at this point. Remember he had no tolerence..never has he touched a pill but earlier that day and that was nothing. He couldn't drink or eat so He gave up and got out hos xanex and broke it and half(cause he didn't wanna take to much) and swallowed it...worst idea ever. Since He broke it in half He could taste the medicine and it was completely horrid. He swallowed it and kept gagging and finally threw up. He did 2 times and after He did He felt 20 times better...but the weakness and sickness was still there. He had to clean out the bucket of puke all while going through the comedown of 120mg of adderal. Now Hes laying in bed at 4:30 in the morning and can't sleep, while tryin to figure out what went wrong.

He has no idea what went wrong. He thinks he should've swallowed them instead of snorted. Or did he just not waiting enough to feel the effect? Tell me what you think. Thanks

Btw he weighs 145 ands 5"10 and he's 14 but will be 15 in 2 days.

we don't SWIM here.

you would be well suited to, in future, don't take other people's pills that aren't yours.

if you took 120mg of amphetamine with no tolerance you kind of deserve whatever comes to you... that's a really really high dose. it will almost assuredly cause panic attacks and nausea and all sorts of nasty shit. and you probably won't be able to sleep.

a typical dose of adderall for someone who has no tolernace and has never used it before is 5 or maybe 10mg. if you start by snorting a 30mg pill that's already too much. by the time you hit the 100mg dosage mark it's guaranteed you will feel like shit.

xanax is not a miracle cure all drug either. for some people small doses of it takes the edge off a moderate dose of amphetamine. it will not, however, fix th effects of a humongous overdose and may just make you freak out even more. it will make you stop remembering things and remove your inhibitions if you take too much of it. so just leave it alone. if you're going to ignore this advice and take it anyway then don't take a whole 2mg. again that dose is for a fully grown adult with pre-existing tolerance and will knock a 15 year old on their ass.

the cure for your situation right now is time. you need to wait it out. drink some citrus juice and have something to eat. you're going to feel really wired and fucked up for a while. at least 24 hours or maybe longer... amphetamine has a long half life in the body.

and dude... if you're not even 15 you shouldn't be playing with shit like this. people get seriously fucked up on this kind of shit, especially if they're taking them just to fuck around and get high.

I'm not sure exactly what to say to this,
Taking prescription drugs belonging to other people that you know nothing about is not a smart idea,
To make things even worse you are by yourself and trying these things for the first time in assuming?

Experimenting with new drugs should be done as safely as possible, this means doing some research on expected effects,
Dosage, duration etc..
Having another person around is also key to avoiding problems, someone who can help you out Just in case.

I'm not going to get into a moral discussion with you,
But stealing prescription drugs is never a good idea, it's just asking for trouble.

You sound a little on the young side,
I would recommend you take this experience and learn from it.
Doesn't sound like you had much fun...
Perhaps stick to marijuana in the future.
Abusing prescription drugs can be a very bad path to set out on.

Best of luck!

Sounds like it was predominantly caused by a great deal of anxiety brought on by dissapointment from not experiencing what you had anticipated. 120mg of adderall is a huge dose, especially for someone with no tolerance, so you probably overstimulated your body. Your symptoms sound similar to those of high blood pressure, anxiety, and over exertion, all of which could have been caused by that high dose. I would recomend waiting until your body develops a little more before starting to experiment with drugs but at the very least do lots of research before you put anything into your body. Also, if you were already experiencing significant negative effects, it probably wasn't wise to take more of what caused those effects in order to try to combat them. Insufflation does have a higher bioavailability than eating them but after experimenting with every ROA except for IV, I stick with eating them because I tend to get the most consistent and desired effects. Please be cafeful, especially with Benzos, they are a slippery slope. Please do not take offense to anything I said, it was all in hopes of harm reduction, especially given your age.

That's not what I'm saying...the whole point was to ask you why I had to snort 4 pills just to get somewhere. I was asking if I did the wrong thing or somthing. I asked if I should just pop it instead of snorting it. And does it take alittle for you to feel like. Obviously I wouldn't of done that much if I would've known....yeah and it's 7 in the morning and I haven't slept yet since last night. And I did my research. I told you I was reading about how some people take 275mg so I never thought it would end like this..but that's not what I'm worryed about. I just wanna know for next time what should I do. Snort a half? Pop a whole? Or pop a half? And I am 15 tomarrow. Don't worry about my age. And don't ever try to jude me dude. You don't know what the fuck I've been through.

Sounds like it was predominantly caused by a great deal of anxiety brought on by dissapointment from not experiencing what you had anticipated. 120mg of adderall is a huge dose, especially for someone with no tolerance, so you probably overstimulated your body. Your symptoms sound similar to those of high blood pressure, anxiety, and over exertion, all of which could have been caused by that high dose. I would recomend waiting until your body develops a little more before starting to experiment with drugs but at the very least do lots of research before you put anything into your body. Also, if you were already experiencing significant negative effects, it probably wasn't wise to take more of what caused those effects in order to try to combat them. Insufflation does have a higher bioavailability than eating them but after experimenting with every ROA except for IV, I stick with eating them because I tend to get the most consistent and desired effects. Please be cafeful, especially with Benzos, they are a slippery slope. Please do not take offense to anything I said, it was all in hopes of harm reduction, especially given your age.

The thing was I never felt anything significant like they said on the web till like the 3rd pill so I didn't know what was happening then all of the sudden it hit me and it was like going through withdraw...and the reason I took more when I was sick was because I thought it was like I was crashing down from it so I though if I did another then I'd be good. I just wanna know for next time what to do so it doesn't turn out that that again.

I can't stop you nor is it any of my business but I'll atleast try to help you be safer. If you insist on snorting them, only do 5-10mg at a time and wait atleast 45 to an hour inbetween so you feel atleast some effects before deciding to do more, and I personally wouldn't go over 60mg with no tolerance. Remember just because you don't feel the effects doesn't mean it isnt still in your system, so when you kept adding more it was compounding. Personally, I would just stick to eating 20-30mg and enjoy the ride for the next 4-6 hours, it doesn't destroy your nose and the come down is much smoother. And I feel obliged to add, stealing pills is bad.

Edit: I personally haven't really experienced the euphoria some describe with adderall, even when I tried blowing 30mg XR and 30mg IR. However, with other amphsalts such as vyvanse, I experienced amazing euphoria with doses equal to 30mg of adderall, i guess its somewhat dependent on the person.

Edit 2: It may just be placebo effect but I tend to enjoy amphetamines much more when I take them with a purpose to accomplish something rather than just to get tweaked. After trying many other more powerful drugs, trying to just get messed up on addy was very dissappointing to me on various occasions.

Last edited:
I am not judging you.
just some friendly advice, take it or leave it.

Were they extended release capsules?
They are designed to release small amounts of medication over a period of time.
That would explain the delay...

I can't stop you nor is it any of my business but I'll atleast try to help you be safer. If you insist on snorting them, only do 5-10mg at a time and wait atleast 45 to an hour inbetween so you feel atleast some effects before deciding to do more, and I personally wouldn't go over 60mg with no tolerance. Remember just because you don't feel the effects doesn't mean it isnt still in your system, so when you kept adding more it was compounding. Personally, I would just stick to eating 20-30mg and enjoy the ride for the next 4-6 hours, it doesn't destroy your nose and the come down is much smoother. And I feel obliged to add, stealing pills is bad.

i know I shouldn't steal then but just alots going on and I just thought I'd try it so I could forget about everything. I don't like snorting at all, I hate the burn and drips, but I though it made you feel it quicker so that s why I did it. And by eating do you mean actually chewing it or just swallowing it with water or something?

I am not judging you.
just some friendly advice, take it or leave it.

Were they extended release capsules?
They are designed to release small amounts of medication over a period of time.
That would explain the delay...

It came came across as rude. Like
i was just trying to learn how to do it correctly in case it ever happens again.

but no they were instant realease

It wont make much of a difference with adderall whether you chew it or just swallow it, especially if its instant release, but as you found out with the xanax, some drugs taste awful so just swallow them. Was it a pill or a capsule with little balls inside it? I have an enfatuation with cutting and snorting things, but I'm trying to stop, so I tend to cut up my addy and then pour it into a shot glass, add water, and throw it back. It has no discernable difference from just eating it if its IR, I just have fun doing it that way haha. Also check out my edits on my last post if you haven't seen them.

Edit: I see you said they were IR

Have you even read your own post? It should be clear to you what went wrong...
You are a 14 year old, kid who did an incredibly stupid thing... Doing things like this could actually end up killing you...

1; you were taking 3 different drugs, without knowing their effect:
Percocet: Which contain acetaminophen and oxycodone. Oxycodone is an opioid (same category as heroin), and acetaminophen increases the effects of oxycodone. It will make you feel relaxed and sleepy.
Adderall: Which is a stimulant (amphetamine/dextroamphetamine).
Xanax: Benzo, anxiety medicine which also will make you drowsy and sleepy. It will reduce the effect of adderall. If your not used to take this medication, only one pill could be enough to make you fall to sleep.

2; you were combining drugs you had no idea would work together or now. You were combining uppers and downers. So you see, these drugs are actually working against each others.

, you continued to take more and more, even though you were feeling bad.

So, you did not take to little (you took way to much!!) or waited to short. You just had opioids and benzos in your body that worked against the adderall. And you also took way to much adderall which can be dangerous and painful. If you take too much, at one point it will not be fun anymore, it will just be over stimulating and horrible.

You are to young to experience with drugs like this - your post proves that. But if you decide to try adderall again, take 20-40 mg at once (swallow it), and nothing more (including other drugs).

It wont make much of a difference with adderall whether you chew it or just swallow it, especially if its instant release, but as you found out with the xanax, some drugs taste awful so just swallow them. Was it a pill or a capsule with little balls inside it? I have an enfatuation with cutting and snorting things, but I'm trying to stop, so I tend to cut up my addy and then pour it into a shot glass, add water, and throw it back. It has no discernable difference from just eating it if its IR, I just have fun doing it that way haha. Also check out my edits on my last post if you haven't seen them.

Edit: I see you said they were IR

my adderal is a orange oval pill and the xanex I have is actually a zany bar. Not a pill. But when the crash from the addy kicks in (which I don't even know if it's that bad in small doses) is
is that when you should pop a xanex?

I personally do not find any pleasure from xanax even when combining it with weed which makes me a little sad because people seem to love it. I do however love the intended anti-anxiety effects when I dissolve .5mg under my tounge every once in a while. I don't think you'll need any xanax for the come down though, even if you take a high dose of adderall it won't be too rough, you'll just be wired for a while until you eventually sleep. If you take the xanax anyways though, start with a quarter of the bar (.5mg) and wait about 40 minutes to see how you feel, it only takes about 20 minutes to start feeling it. 1-2mg will almost definitely put you to sleep, or get you very near if the addy still has a little fight left.

Have you even read your own post? It should be clear to you what went wrong...
You are a 14 year old, kid who did an incredibly stupid thing... Doing things like this could actually end up killing you...

1; you were taking 3 different drugs, without knowing their effect:
Percocet: Which contain acetaminophen and oxycodone. Oxycodone is an opioid (same category as heroin), and acetaminophen increases the effects of oxycodone. It will make you feel relaxed and sleepy.
Adderall: Which is a stimulant (amphetamine/dextroamphetamine).
Xanax: Benzo, anxiety medicine which also will make you drowsy and sleepy. It will reduce the effect of adderall. If your not used to take this medication, only one pill could be enough to make you fall to sleep.

2; you were combining drugs you had no idea would work together or now. You were combining uppers and downers. So you see, these drugs are actually working against each others.

, you continued to take more and more, even though you were feeling bad.

So, you did not take to little (you took way to much!!) or waited to short. You just had opioids and benzos in your body that worked against the adderall. And you also took way to much adderall which can be dangerous and painful. If you take too much, at one point it will not be fun anymore, it will just be over stimulating and horrible.

You are to young to experience with drugs like this - your post proves that. But if you decide to try adderall again, take 20-40 mg at once (swallow it), and nothing more (including other drugs).

Im 15 and I never took them all at once. The Percocet was at 3 and it literally got me lightheaded for 3 minuts because there was none left. And why didn't the first addy I snorted work? Why'd it take three? And I took more because I was crashing down from the adderal so I thought If I take half of one then the pain will be gone. Yeah I took to much adderall and it was a bitch but I'm just here to see what I can do to prevent that...then I took the xanex because I thought it would put me to sleep so I could wake up not as bad.

I could've just smoked the weed I have left instead of getting
into pills but when I'm high on weed I get paranoid and depressed but when I was on the addys I didn't care about anything and
it just felt good. But no...your way wrong there. The comdowns on addys is a bitch. Especially when you take a high dose like I did (120mg) you can't even move because everything hurts and my face went numb and shit...I eventually threw up. And I never got to sleep at all. This stuff doesn't let you sleep. So next time Imma just pop a 30mg pill and that'll be it. I'll give it time to kick in

I think you'll be much happier with just 30mg. I'd wait a day or two and get a good nights sleep to rest your body and to make sure all the addy is out of your system so you can get the full effects. And the paranoia with weed will disappear as you build up your tolerance and engage in more social situations when baked. When I used to only smoke by myself the paranoia was awful but now it gives me confidence comparable to alcohol.

I think part of what happened to you is you were expecting to either feel amazing euphoria or feel fucked up like when you get drunk. Adderall/stims don't give everyone that type of euphoria, mostly just give you energy, that can't-stop -talking or writing feeling you described, and sometimes in larger doses that overwired feeling, hair tingling, etc

Not all drugs make you feel trashed like when you get drunk. On some you function normally, just more focused/alert/faster on stims for instance. Some people have a disappointment with opiates the first time as well when they are expecting something different from reading about them but get more subtle or different effects.

Next time, as people have advised, start out with a smaller dose. If you're not really enjoying the feeling, maybe stims aren't your thing. They definitely are not a "forget about life" drug

Make sure to stay hydrated. Stims suck the water out of you. Probably why you described coming down as hurting all over. You can feel like every joint and muscle aches. Drink a lot of water it will help.

Oh, and yes, you take about .5 to 1 mg Xanax when coming down. When you feel ready to go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.