What was the song that made you listen to your type of music?

Drum & Bass:
Alec Empire - Hard Like It's a Pose
Squarepusher - Big Loada (Whole Album)
Electronic music in General:
Jan Hammer - Beyond the Mind's Eye Soundtrack
Dance Music:
Underworld - Cowgirl
Orbital - Satan
Meat Beat Manifesto - Helter Skelter '97
IDM:
Aphex Twin - Bucephalus Bouncing Ball
Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
My whole history with electronic music's weird though, so *shrug*....
------------------
OK... WRITE!
Optigon

Dj Scot Project - Thunder in Paradise!!
what a track! Oh, and Second Trip!

Heaven's Scent is a kick ass song (just played it like a minute ago - spooky :) ) Pitty it turned into cheese.

Rock: The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
IDM: Aphex Twin - Boy Girl Song
Hip Hop: Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right
then later on
NWA - Straight Outta Compton LP
Ry.

had to be...
L.S.Dance off the psysex cd, and bust a move from infected mushroom. ahhhhh....psy.....desert....
party.......oh hey, there is one tonite....yay...

The first piece of electronica music that I heard was Digger's GU Sydney Discs. I was beyond blown away, and went immediately back to my computer and downloaded some random artist named Sasha and some random song 'Xpander'. hardly "some artist" or a "random song" anymore!!! :) wow.

I had always liked electronic stuff like New Order and Depeche Mode, but I was converted to underground stuff when a friend played me "Oh Fortuna" - can't remember who it was by, but it was the old one from about '92. Then Age of Love put me onto the trance thing where I found Cosmic Baby - Cafe Del Mar. And I was hooked.

for black metal (yes i love electronica but death/blackmetal/gothemburg metal is the greatest!) is was probably "Moonchild" by Dimmu Borgir,
for death metal, im gonna guess it was the ever classic "HAMMER SMASHED FACE!" by Cannibal Corpse.
for rock, rap, other pop music forms, well hell, everyone starts off there young...
for jungle (i have VERY recently re-evaluated my opinion for D & B music, recent rave brought out an appreciation for it) It was seing DIESELBOY spin!
for hardkore, had to be some Industrial fucking strength song...
Industry/goth/darkwave - man i listened to that shit since i was a little kid, like 6th grade almost.
FOR TRANCE!!!!! ------> I heard astral projection a few years back, and damn, its the greatist! FUck all u trance haters, trance is for smart ppl! I admit, it isnt good for everyone to dance to and shit, but i love it for the mental condition it puts u in. THank god for hard trance, like Astral Projection, MFG, Hallucinogen, and the like!

the box - orbital-- about 7 years ago
as for jungle-- soldiers story dieselboy mix-- about 3 years ago
hiphop--- the first song i can remember liking is 93 til infinity-souls of mischeif... but then i wasnt real into it.. i cant remember what brought me back into it

First song I liked was this song called FORMANTERA-TRANCE It was so good, and still is check it out on a cd called "The Secret Life of Trance:Episode 1.
AIM:shaggyfish84

Babydoc Vic....it's called:
Apotheosis - Oh Fortuna
and the funny story behind this track is that it was a copyright infringement. "Oh Fortuna" is an old classical song...and it was very popular. Well Apotheosis ripped off the classical part and I guess without permission. This song was released on a compilation CD called 'Rave til' Dawn.'(bunch of various 1992 techno anthems) BUT it was ripped off of the shelves after a short while due to the copyright infringement of that one song by Apotheosis. And then a later version of the 'Rave til Dawn' CD was released but Apotheosis - Oh Fortuna was not on it. This is why the ORIGINAL copy of the 'Rave til' Dawn' CD is a now a collectors item....anyways...just some FYI.
But yeah...I agree that song was one of my pioneer electronic songs back in about 1991-92.

The song that got me into electronica was Nostrum - Brainchild. I heard this at a party I was at and didn't give it much thought until the day after when I noticed the song was stuck in my head. I went on Napster, found that song and others by Nostrum, and from there I went on to find more electronica =)
nostrum09

49er's "Touch Me", Morgan King "I'm Free", Manic "real good" and "I'm Coming Hardcore", Bass Heads "Is There Anybody Out There", GenesideII "Narra Mine",S-express "Nothing to Lose", and many more hardcore tunes that came from the decks at Ahhz while Kimball Collins did his thing in Orlando through the years 0f 89-93. Who ever said the thing about cheesy songs during this time does not know what they are talking about! This was the very beginning of a huge movement.

^^^^yaaaaay hardcore :) i just discovered this music a year ago... and it is by far my favorite
(considering changing name to oldskoolfaerie
16.gif
)
:)

First genre I ever heard at a party was hardcore.
La Style - James Brown is Dead
Massochist - Killing scum
Dj Red Alert & Mike - I just wanna hold you tight
Then came the other genre's
Robert Hood- Pole posistion (techno (detroit of course!)
Chris Liberator - Soul mantra (acid)
Peace Division - Feel my drums (tribal tech)
SKye - Skye files Vol 1 (Tribal breaks)
EZ Rollers - Meatball (They finally got me to like jungle... Hardstep alll the way)
O, cant forget: The Adventures of Roc Raida - One too many (These guys dont deserve Dj in front of their name... more like record god.
[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: Brian240 ]

"(considering changing name to oldskoolfaerie)"
Hardcore is by no means old school! Its still around, you just have to look harder... But if you just heard it, its prolly not the old school style anyways.... some twit actually renamed old school hardcore to (*GASP*) Rave... as in its the actual name of the genre...then theres what they call breakcore nowadays.
[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: Brian240 ]

Digital Empire 2
Take a look at all the digital empire cds out there. Some good shit in there.

What got me into trance: Darude - Sandstorm :)
Got me into jungle: I guess I really started enjoying it on the level I do now after hearing "Drowning" on the Ak1200 live cd.
Into others I can't remember, as I've liked various punk for so long.