Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television What TV Shows are You Binging v. Cut That Cord!

s04e10 of succession tonight...

e09 was outstanding. they've got a lot to wrap up in one final episode.

alasdair
Fucking soul-destroyingly brilliant. Mind blowing depiction of human capriciousness. You could cut the tension with a knife. Fantastic.

Honestly probably the best finale since 6 Feet Under.

agreed.

they basically nailed the entire 4th season.

i knew when they were at their mom's house and agreed on ken and they were all smiling that a big shock was coming. i thought it would be roman in the room on the day but shiv made perfect sense too.

i was satisfied with the last episode and i'm so sad it's all over.

alasdair

I really enjoyed season 4 but I still had some issues with it, same as season 3.
Season 2, when all was fresh and new felt more natural, got a little repetitive in season 3 and I thought they would turn that around a little but they didn't really. Still one of the best shows from the past couple of years.

Best ending since six feet under is still the leftovers imo, maybe Bojack comes close.. ;)

So I watched S5 of the Shield, which was good, but also a little ridiculous. Like Succession, things kinda happen for the sake of the story, and not the other way around. Enjoyed it, really good, probably their best season, although it's been years since I saw 1-4. No need for S6&7, I'll remember the Shield for what this season was :)

I just binged Nurse Jackie after my boyfriend introduced me to it. Instantly loved it

i thought that s03 of barry was the last season :)

well, i discovered s04 last week and finished it last night. it was excellent and they wrapped everything up well.

alasdair

The Shield was a good show, good antihero-type story. I’ve only seen season one though

Rewatching OZ after binging my way through the Sopranos. It's raw, intense and the acting is really good (OZ that is). It's just the right mix of plot/character development, drama, philosophy and straight violence.

New Black Mirror Season? Anyone seen it?

yes!

e01 was outstanding - one of my favourite episodes in 6 seasons.

e02 was pretty good. darker, obviously.

e03 was classic black mirror. i was uncomfortable the entire time and the ending was extremely troubling.

alasdair

I just finished bingeing Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season one. It was pretty entertaining, I particularly like the reversion to episodic storytelling.

Will wait until season two's finished broadcasting before I start that one.

Just finished watching the end of Animal Kingdom last night. Unreal series for anyone looking for something to watch.

anybody watching Yellowjackets on Paramount+ ?

star studded lineup - i keep falling asleep halfway through the first episode - i have a habit of doing that sometimes during the work week, but im planning on watching it again when im up over the weekend

i am nearly done with s03 - the final season - of star trek: picard

it's excellent.

alasdair

Started watching the new Black Mirror season but that shit was so dark. I only made it halfway through the second episode because they were just so fucking depressing and disturbing.

Finished Silo the other week (Apple TV+). Very enjoyable. I kinda knew what to expect from reading about the books years back, but it was a nicely realized dystopian setting and well worth watching.

Finished the first series of The Bear the other day. Not bad, pretty engrossing stuff and no spare moments really. Would definitely recommend. Apparently the second series (just released) is better, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Finished the first series of The Bear the other day. Not bad, pretty engrossing stuff and no spare moments really. Would definitely recommend. Apparently the second series (just released) is better, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Can't wait for The Twink spin-off

• Haha
Reactions: CFC