• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What to do when you OD on meth alone

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
What should a person do whose alone and just overdosed on IV meth. That person being me. Pretty sure I just about died. Whoever says you can’t OD on meth doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Because if that wasn’t an overdose I don’t know what is. I didn’t even think that big of a shot either which is the strange part. My blood pressure must’ve been about 150/ 95 or higher with 150 bpm. My chest broke out red all over. I could hear my heart beating in my head, and my vision was spotty. My feet cold and sweaty, and my heart was palpitating really hard with a heavy chest and tension in neck. I only did a 10? What the heck just happened. I had to slow my heart down somehow so I stayed calm, sat laying back, not down cause it made it worse, and took an Ativan? I think I’m done using now. Blood pressure monitor now reading 125/75 with 90 bpm and irregular heart beat. That was scary as hell. Did I do the right thing? Wtf

Last edited:
Benzos if you got em, ambulance if you need it
I took an Ativan immediately but it took a while. What the hell just happened? Holy shit. I didn’t even do very much! Chest still hurts a bit. I edited above. How do you know if you need an ambulance? I don’t know if I overdosed or overamped? I don’t know but whatever it was it sure as hell wasn’t good.......

If it’s overamped but not an ER level emergency I do this:

Lie down somewhere cool and don’t move - turn up the AC or put a fan on (you are overheating)

Drink fluids

Take some benzos

Take very deep very slow breaths - this will ease the anxiety or panic

Put on some chill music - this will give your over excited brain something to work with instead of panicing

How do you know the difference between overamp or overdose? I’ve never experienced either one. My heart was the main concern in this incident. It was pounding out of my chest just about. Causing chest pressure, bad and off beat palpitations, and fast as hell no matter how much I chilled out. I’m okay now other than chest tight and hurts a little and pressure in my head. I don’t even really feel high. Just confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t even do a big shot, but I’ve 2 10’s in 3 hours?

I once did some A-PhPp alone little bit too much. I just got the batch, so i dosed little bit too much and holy shit. My heart started racing, my hands started feeling like they are going into fist without me wanting it, my feet started to move unnaturally without my permission and my muscles were super hard on my downer legs. I felt like im going to do the oldschool flakka dance, i was so scared. I went to the shower alone, i was laying in the floor, i put some cold water, i started doing slow breaths because you panicking wont help the situation, i was laying in bed after that for around 20 minutes and i was OK. SUPER SCARY. Go to cold shower, it helps. Slow breath DO NOT PANIC. Tell yourself it will go over. Benzos are super important, opiates might help you too.

Thank you. I couldn’t move. I could barely reach over to my bedstand to grab an Ativan. Just bending over my heart was going so fast I could barely breath. I didn’t notice myself being overheated, but my chest turned bright red and blotchy. I did pretty good about calming myself, but my heart wouldn’t relent for anything. That was scary as hell! There’s so much pressure in my head I keep having to pop my ears

I think you might be making your chest being red up, since the heat would make you all over red. It's understandable. When i did the A-PhPp i downloaded heart rate thing in my phone and was looking at it all the time LOL. It's paranoia and seeing things you are thinking. Just try to chill out, try to focus on normal things you do, like for example if you play video games. Maybe call a friend? Just try to get your mind out of it.

If it isn't too bad I'd take a shower (to help lower blood pressure) then drink water till you feel full. I figure water is the best thing because it flushes your system fast

That sounds dumb, but it helps. I've even crawled to the shower a few times

The line between overamp and OD is not very clear. However if you have sharp pains in your cheat or down your arms then that’s a looming heart attack. Call 911 immeditely. If you are convulsing or black out that’s OD but by the time you stop / wake up the emergency is probably over - if you do.

Interesting to hear someone has OD-level quality gear at the moment.

I never check my blood pressure while high. Not ever. Because the more you focus on something like that the worse it gets. The redness and the heart rate and pressure came so quick, literally 5 seconds after pulling the needle out. I didn’t cough or anything so it wasn’t even a huge shot. I just started to feel the rush then BAM! I’m normally really good about not panicking or getting paranoid. I was totally relaxed and ready to enjoy the rush and it just hit me immediately. I got on my computer and just tried focusing on something normal, but my heart was going so nuts. It was so loud in my ears it’s all I could hear. Freakin weird. When I was younger I could do shots 3 times that size and never have it effect me like that 🤷🏻‍♀️

The line between overamp and OD is not very clear. However if you have sharp pains in your cheat or down your arms then that’s a looming heart attack. Call 911 immeditely. If you are convulsing or black out that’s OD but by the time you stop / wake up the emergency is probably over - if you do.

Interesting to hear someone has OD-level quality gear at the moment.
OD level quality gear??? Do explain? Lol.
No convulsing. Slight chest pain that would strike then go, mostly just tons of pressure on my chest and the sides of my neck felt tight as hell and hurt. So I popped an Asprin? I don’t know. It’s so hard to actually know if it’s a heart attack. I’ve had times I thought I was for sure, but it never actually was. I don’t get it I barely even did much. But it’s built up in my system right now. The palpitations and irregular heart beats were the scariest.

Kinda weird guys. My vein seems all messed up I just noticed? I don’t know. I remember it hurt like hell when I got the needle in at first, as though I hit something in the way. Went over a tiny more and hit the vein just fine, but the blood was super DARK. Almost black looking. The plunger went slowly and smoothly, but then it stopped at that end and I couldn't inject anymore for some reason but it dud for hurt. I just noticed by feel that there’s a big lump now underneath the injection site. I have scar tissue built up there. And holy crap that Ativan literally just hit and it made me tired AS HELL and I’m supposed to go to work?!! I can barely keep my eyes open. Crap. Another shot maybe? LOL. Just kidding

I wonder too. This reminds me of the time when I had a supply of racemic methamphetamine. That was the most recreational stuff I ever had, but if I'd had too much parts of my body would go numb for a period of time

That kind of worried me, but not enough to stop doing it of course ;)

Mind you I've only ever smoked besides snorted. I don't know about IV

Cheers

I wonder too. This reminds me of the time when I had a supply of racemic methamphetamine. That was the most recreational stuff I ever had, but if I'd had too much parts of my body would go numb for a period of time

That kind of worried me, but not enough to stop doing it of course ;)

Mind you I've only ever smoked besides snorted. I don't know about IV

Cheers
IV is a completely different story. Like night and day. It’s incredibly dangerous. In many many ways,

The reason why your body goes numb is that speed makes your veins super small, so blood can't circulate. I have not felt my leg when i sat for long time, i couldn't walk when i stood up LOL. You didn't hit the vein or it went through. If it goes through it still shows blood when you pull back but it will not go to vein. If the lump stays for over 1-2 days, go to a doctor.

I know we are long past the applicable time for OPs usefulness here but I can't stress enough the potential benefit of calling Never Use Alone if you ever think you might be in a situation that could be potentially dangerous.

The staple item for these guys are Opioid usages but that doesn't mean that a Meth injector couldn't also get benefit from using them. Essentially, you call a number before you inject and then you have someone anonymous "spotting" you, in a word.

You give them your address and give them your permission. If for some reason you cannot call them back within a few minutes of the initial call and corresponding injection, an ambulance is automatically deployed. I just think these guys are great so I'm always trying to spread the word.

They also have a texting feature for you 21st century, hep cats who are into that sort of thing.

(800) 484-3731

I know we are long past the applicable time for OPs usefulness here but I can't stress enough the potential benefit of calling Never Use Alone if you ever think you might be in a situation that could be potentially dangerous.

The staple item for these guys are Opioid usages but that doesn't mean that a Meth injector couldn't also get benefit from using them. Essentially, you call a number before you inject and then you have someone anonymous "spotting" you, in a word.

You give them your address and give them your permission. If for some reason you cannot call them back within a few minutes of the initial call and corresponding injection, an ambulance is automatically deployed. I just think these guys are great so I'm always trying to spread the word.

They also have a texting feature for you 21st century, hep cats who are into that sort of thing.

(800) 484-3731
That's amazing. I assume it's only for US but sounds just amazing. I appreciate people like you trying to keep others safe.
Stay strong man!

(800) 484-3731
Damn didn't know that one even existed.

OD level quality gear??? Do explain?

Everyman and his dog is complaining that they can’t find meth or it is cut to shit at the moment. So to hear that someone has some really powerful meth is interesting and encouraging. But also sorry to hear of your experience.