View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What the hell is βh-2C-B

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
Apparently, 2-Amino-1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethanol hydrochloride.

The only thing I know that ends with )ethanol is hydroxyzine (or is quetiapine?). Is this likely to be similar to 2-CB/2C-B-FLY/2C-B-Dragonfly ?

I ask because I can get it dirt cheap.

Are you sure you are not referring to βk-2C-B? or perhaps BOHB? The latter is a metabolite of the former and is probably cheap because it isn't all that potent, like the parent compound. I could be totally wrong, I don't really understand chemical nomenclature.

I didn't get great effects from βk-2CB. It was a bit too stimulating, though as with probably 75% of the psychedelics I've tried, I cannot really remember the experience.

BH would indicate a double bond on the phenethylamine chain. It was a mistake made by the original vendor and it has probably been copied by a scam vendor.

The IUPAC you gave is that of BOHB

Just curious, in that case what does the BH stand for if you are talking about styrenes?

BK-2-CB is a god awful drug, really horrible I found. A decent psych but far too 'rushy' and stim like for me, last for bloody nearly 24 hours as well :(

This is not bk-2C-B, but bH-2C-B, beta-hydroxy-2C-B. I believe it's a simple prodrug of 2C-B, so it turns into 2C-B in the body. bk-2C-B is a separate drug, the cathinone analogue of 2C-B.

Beta-keto's are metabolized to an extent to the beta-hydroxies - and so bk-2C-B is certainly expected to turn into BOHB (bH-2C-B) in the body over time. Actually this is a big part of why drugs like mephedrone are shitty on the cardiovascular system: monoamine or catechol like beta-hydroxies / beta-ethanolamines tend to have effect on heart and bloodvessels.

But beta-hydroxies are not reduced I think. Does not happen with ephedrine and I don't think it's said to happen for BOHX compounds. So beta-hydroxy-2C-B would not be a pro-drug for 2C-B. It may get into the brain easier due to the beta-hydroxy and a methoxy interacting, and I hear BOHB is quite pleasant indeed and does not have effect on blood pressure as far as we know.

I think 2C-D or 2C-H derivatives are much more likely to have adrenergic action, 25H-NBOMe (or just 25-NBOMe) was mentioned as being horribly adrenergic. But with a decent 4-substitution affinities for adrenoceptors apparently drop.

After doing some research, I've come to believe that this chemical when ingests would lead to effects akin to 2c-b, albeit less in potency. Music appreciation, 2c-b like visuals, and euphoria. Looks much more promising than bk-2c-b, like an even more gentle 2c-b. We might have finally found our 2c-b replacement!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not bk-2C-B, but bH-2C-B, beta-hydroxy-2C-B. I believe it's a simple prodrug of 2C-B, so it turns into 2C-B in the body. bk-2C-B is a separate drug, the cathinone analogue of 2C-B.

No it's probably the other way around. Amphetamines and cathinones are both metabolized to ephedrines, which then are further functionalized in Phase II metabolism. So while 2C-B might be metabolized to BH-2C-B, it's unlikely that the latter is reduced to 2C-B in the body.

Edit: Nvm, I just saw that Solipsis already mentioned that.

Apparently, 2-Amino-1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethanol hydrochloride.

The only thing I know that ends with )ethanol is hydroxyzine (or is quetiapine?). Is this likely to be similar to 2-CB/2C-B-FLY/2C-B-Dragonfly ?

I ask because I can get it dirt cheap.
2-Amino-1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-1-one is bk-2-CB. And it is uttter shit, my 2 gram's are still in in my medicin cabinet minus my two dissapointing trial's. Ethan-1-ol = ethanol if I am correct. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/1-_4-Isobutylphenyl_ethanol

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Βk-2C-B

No intent to try it again as long as I have better alternative's. Btw bk-2-cb is not even remotely like 2-cb in effects.

Last edited:
I had fun on BOHB though. Wrote a smallish report in the BOHB thread. IIRC BOHB is the main metabolite of bk-2C-B, which was more erratic in it's effects for people.

I thought it was pretty interesting and fun, but there are better options indeed.

2c-b_FLY is suppossed to be very like the 'parent' compound. No experience with it although it seems very available atm.

At PsychonautWiki it is stated by Ann Shulgin as "the loveliest thing, especially for eroticism. But I found out that it’s not interesting to anybody else."

2C-B-fly is a wonderful compound, somewhat like 2C-B but longer-lasting, less psychedelic and substantially more empathogenic.

BOHB is alright, it's nowhere near as good as 2C-B or 2C-B-fly, though, IMO. Better than bk-2C-B though.

Heheh, bit of a goer that Ann Shulgin eh? I can just imagine her old man in his shed cooking up all manner of potions thinking "I'm gonna have a fuckin good time tonight!"...
The fact she still fucked at old age is a comforting thought F.

2c-b_FLY is suppossed to be very like the 'parent' compound. No experience with it although it seems very available atm.

At PsychonautWiki it is stated by Ann Shulgin as "the loveliest thing, especially for eroticism. But I found out that it’s not interesting to anybody else."

I dont want to derail thread too much but 2c-b-fly was nothing like 2cb for me. Not erotic ,physically pleasurable, or visual open eyed for me. I did find it fascinating, but it was wayyy more cerebral in nature compared the parent compound, which is still one of my all time favs.

I dont have a much interest in bk-2c-b but I was always curious about the beta hydroxy, but alas I missed my chance on that one as far as I know

I dont want to derail thread too much but 2c-b-fly was nothing like 2cb for me. Not erotic ,physically pleasurable, or visual open eyed for me. I did find it fascinating, but it was wayyy more cerebral in nature compared the parent compound, which is still one of my all time favs.

I dont have a much interest in bk-2c-b but I was always curious about the beta hydroxy, but alas I missed my chance on that one as far as I know
Well that makes 2c-b the winner.