What song takes you back...

GroovE SilvE

Bluelighter
Hey fellow Bluelighters, everytime I hear "Got the Groove" by SM Traxx, it always takes me back to my first rolls. It was almost 2 years ago and it seems like yesterday. My how time flies. I am curious as to what particular song brings you right back to that time and when it was.
------------------
"Quality is never an accident, it is always the result of an intelligent effort"

i acctually had that record, i traded it for pvd v.s. tilt" rendevous". i know it's played out and is starting to be considered kinda cheezy but binary finary reminds me of some pretty good times the summer or 99'. that and pistol whip by joshua ryan. pistol whip still sends a chill through me when i hear it.

Has to be some old skool hardcore, Joey Beltram's 'Energy Flash' or 'Mentasm', find it hard to remember the names of tunes from that far back, unless I actually have them on vinyl.
A Guy Called Gerald's 'Voodoo Ray' is another one, as is Underground Resistance's 'The Seawolf'.

Spring '99 (first days of rollin') = "Beachball (DJ Icey's Bass Remix)" by Nalin & Kane, as well as "Times Up (Bomb Remix)" by Trip Theory
------------------
(¯`·._(Lane)_.·´¯)
"Music defines time." -DJ Psydel
[This message has been edited by Lane (edited 05 April 2001).]

new order - bizarre love triangle
------------------
" well oiled dark house ... mean , selfish grooves show off some emotion while motorised funk shakes a silver clad ass , and shivery melodies reach for the stars " -dom phillips global underground 019

quite serious.. i love synth pop.. they didn't have trance / progressive house back then =]
------------------
" well oiled dark house ... mean , selfish grooves show off some emotion while motorised funk shakes a silver clad ass , and shivery melodies reach for the stars " -dom phillips global underground 019

Fast Eddie: Acid Thunder
I can't believe that it still fits into my sets.

I can't believe how much my taste has changed. I mean i still like the songs I mentioned, but i personally could go without hearing them ever again.

what was that song..."a little bit of ecstaaaaasyyyy. a little bit of you and meeee." lmao...too funny.

jocelyn enriquez
------------------

"Maria, your the cutest girl......"
and yes, it's still bumped loudly in Queens.
freestyle still reigns supreme here, chicitas!!

Downloaded some Coolio the other day.
Fantastic Voyage
1,2,3,4 (Sumptin New)
Reminescing about those summers of the mid-90s..
heh
I usually download songs that "take me back", every week.

apples isn't kidding. He decided to annoy everyone with his awful renditions
wink.gif

Songs by Real McCoy take me back. Treefrog by Hope. Smashing Pumpkins as well.

the stuff that takes me back to the first pills I took... hmmm.. any 2 Bad Mice or Trace or Altern8, all the old skool. Oh NRG's remix of 'I need your lovin' and someone else's remix of 'Always something there to remind me'. Then, more recently Access or Age of Love.

This is a GOOD thread! Trancekid and I are actually on the same wavelength....... Bizarre Love Triangle is a killer song.....Although being a mobile DJ....it's kinda gotten ran into the ground by countless weddings!
Here is my extended list of Old School:
Oh La'Mour - Erasure
Living in Oblivion - Anything Box
N.E. Thing by Fast Eddie
Jam On It - Nuclues <---sp?
A Little Respect - Erasure
Without You - George LaMond
N.E. Thing by Kool Rock Steady
I CAN GO ON AND ON......

Fast Eddie: Hiphouse 89'
Afrika Bambatta: Planet Rock
Afrika Bambatta: Looking for the perfect beat
New Order: Blue Monday
Depeche Mode: Silence
The Cult: She Sells Sanctuary
i can go on forever
oh yea i cant forget
Twisted Sisters: were not gonna take it
watching friday night video in the early 80's was an experiance of its own

out of the blue! first days of rolling..dang..this song was great..its still ok now and then..
pulp victim- world 99...haha..
i can't believe hoe much mah taste changed..