• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What religion most reflects your views: Belief-O-Matic Quiz with poll (updated)

Choose your favourite belief or religion

• Agnosticism

Votes: 114 17.0%
  • Atheism

Votes: 124 18.5%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 129 19.3%
  • Christianity

Votes: 74 11.1%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Judaism

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Pagan & Earth-Based

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • Taoism

Votes: 47 7.0%
  • Other belief

Votes: 89 13.3%

• Total voters
This is hard... i choose agnosticism, but usually i say i am christian. My results from the quiz does not say i am christian... not that much of a christian anyway :/

1. Mahayana Buddhism 100%
2. Jainism 91%
3. Hinduism 91%
4. Neo-Pagan 83%
5. Liberal Quakers 78%
6. New Age 76%
7. Unitarian Universalism 76%
8. Theravada Buddhism 75%
9. Taoism 66%
10. Sikhism 65%
11. Bahá'í Faith 58%
12. Reform Judaism 55%
13. Orthodox Quaker 52%
14. New Thought 49%
15. Orthodox Judaism 49%
16. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants 46%
17. Islam 40%
18. Scientology 37%
19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) 35%
20. Secular Humanism 32%

^^^ Well, do you conduct yourself like a Christian? I've known some people without Jesus in their life who were more Christian in deed than most people who label themselves 'Christian', and that Jesus would have undoubtedly respected.

Edit: I think you ought to look at this post too, Warehousepunk.

Last edited:
i was told by that link that im a Unitarian Universalists but fuck knows if youve ever seen waking life you'll understand what i belive after death we in a sense dream and learn about life

more than 1/3 (35% ) are non-believers and skeptics here, aka free-thinkers, great to see. Most agnostics can be considered negative atheists, in that they don't believe there is no god, they just don't hold a belief in God.

Followed by buddhism, a pretty nice philosophical religion.

I'm proud of BLers!

I put myself down for atheist, because adding a God to the situation only infinitely complicates it.

The link put me as 100% secular humanist.

Not to split hairs but atheism does not always equate to free-thinking.

^^^ I hate that word.

Can one be a freethinker but not an atheist? In theory, technically yes. In practice, no, not if you want to get taken seriously.

Last edited:
the atheists can't take my personal label of free thinker away, i don't care how anti spirituality the freethought movement is!

What I'm curious about is our mysterious fourth largest religious faction: Other belief. I wish more people who voted for this category had gone into detail about their answer. Also, I wonder if most of these people adhere to a belief system that's idiosyncratic, or whether there are a number of belief systems that are well represented on BL, but left out of the poll. Gnostics? Deists? Pan[en]theists? Nihilists? Freakin' JewBus?! Stand up and be counted.

Pan(en)theist.

Counted!

As much a philosophy as a religion - perhaps more so I dunno. I just take my own *insights* ( quit the mockery before you start thanks) & kinda worked out it was saying the same sorta thing. Labelled eh.;)

Religions are things you believe in. The truth is something you need to understand.

Aeon Psyche said:
Religions are things you believe in. The truth is something you need to understand.

I think the two are neatly interchangeable - depending upon the POV of the subject! =D

I think that theres probably things to be learned / taken from all religions its just a matter of context etc.;) =D <3

I simply beleive that to try and do good and share the love is the best way to be (although it can be trying at times) !!!;) ;) =D <3 <3 <3 <3

Favourite religion? I voted for Hinduism as I have quite a fondness for it. However I don't believe in or follow any of them. As MIM said above - there's wisdom in them all, but it all depends on what you do with that wisdom. Sadly many people just don't have any real understanding of their pet religion and this is where the problems lie.