• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What psychedelics are most likely to give HPPD

i think thats the wrong question to ask--ANY psychedelic can give you HPPD (flashbacks).

if you are asking which psychedelics will give you more of a mindfuck, i would say LSD, DMT, 2C-E, higher doses of mushrooms.

I've had periods of HPPD-like symptoms from excessive MDMA use, but I found LSD to be the most conducive to persistent visual disturbance even days after use. Tryptamines have given me flashbacks, but never caused any immediate problems in the following days after trips.

However, like everybody else said, ANY psychedelic can cause HPPD, this is just my subjective experience.

An adderall overdose as a child gave me severe HPPD that I'm still sorta recovering from, though now I guess it's not HPPD anymore as it's merely a dramatic increase visual static... The dose was 240mgs with no tolerance, yeah... I know :\ (I wrote about the hellish exp in the "who are the shadow people" thread in DC). I'm also more sensitive to psychosis from amphetamines. As for psychs that have caused me lasting visual disturbances, 2c-I and LSA are the only two to cause residual visuals for up to months after dosing.

Last edited:
No one has mentioned DPT, and I just started exploring it recently, not to any shattering degree, and it seems to be sticking about an influencing my vision from day to day. Bet that trypt can cause it good if it wants to.
Doesn't really bug me but I like to blame my questionable night-vision on a decade of DXM exploration. Course my grand folks are night blind so pbbth.

2c-I would give lasting visual distortions when I first started using it, but they went away and I wouldn't really call it HPPD.

^ me neither, that's why I just called them lasting visuals. For me though they lasted months. I could see someone who uses 2c-I as a first trip, having a hard time, and walking away with those visual disturbances as a reminder of what they went through so I say it has a higher potential for HPPD compared to other chems but in the end like has been pointed out, any psych (and some non-psychs) can cause HPPD.