• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What percentage of your income goes to your drug use?

What percentage of your income goes to your drug use?

• 5%

Votes: 66 14.8%
  • 10%

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • 20%

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • 30%

Votes: 41 9.2%
  • 40%

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • 50%

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • 60%

Votes: 25 5.6%
  • 70%

Votes: 22 4.9%
  • 80%

Votes: 37 8.3%
  • 90%

Votes: 27 6.0%
  • 100% I'm the junkie extraodinaire

Votes: 40 8.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
50%ish.. possibly more like 80% when im off the wagon.. which i probly am now, starting yesterday

Ever week I get £25 from one days work and £30 from the government because of Low income (im a student) and £45 is spent on drugs a week. £10 on petrol.

1g of ket
3.5g weed
skins + baccy

My g/f pays my rent so my income goes to drugs/stuff for our place (lately I got a PSP "for our place, sweetie" :p

0$ or 0% because I dont have a job. I tutor my friends son and she rewards me with 'gifts' and such instead of money so I dont really buy things right now.

i just switched my financial situation and now i'm making less money. i still have the same drug habit however so i spend 80 dollars a week on dope so thats 26% of my income on drugs and the rest pays my rent and my car insurance which leaves about 100 dollars a month on food&gas. i go to school full time and i am a waiter about 20 hours a week now that i quit my last job.

well since i don't have a steady job(just a few one-two-day jobs) and live at home with my parents(i'm in twelve grade) so....all of my money goes to drugs,but most of the stuff i buy is rather cheap here in my country (except for blow and good weed)....i don't drink but when i'm in the mood for a beer i get it from my fridge for free :) i don't smoke(and when i want a cig i smoke from my bf :)) ) i don't pay rent...don't buy anything to drink just some food ocasionaly...so :)) almost 80% goes into frugs,the rest clothes or accesories...or junk-food :((

I'd really like to see this thread changed to be more clear:

The question should be: What percentage of your disposable income goes to your drug use?

That way, we can compare everyone and standardize the results. For example, person A who lives on their own and supports themselves or others, spends, say for example, 70% of their income on basic needs and utilities, and only is able to keep 30% of their income as "disposable", or to play around with. Meanwhile person B living with their parents doesn't need to pay for any needs, so basically 100% of their income is disposable. person A then says 30%, and person B says 100%, although in reality they are both spending 100% of their disposable income on drugs. But if you just ask "how much of your income goes to drug use" then what you have is faulty sampling.

As it stands though, the results of this test are meaningless. You might as well ask people "How old are you" and have some people reply with months, some in years, and some in days.

There's no standardization here!

Plus I'd LOVE to know what the real answer is behind this question.

Throwdown said:
I'm 18 and still in college, so I only have a part time job so I hardly get any money.

50%, the rest goes to getting into clubs/ traveling and food when I get out a rave at 6am.

same here =D

the state pays for most of em héhé....:p... not the molly or trips tho unfortunately....

I make 3000 a month and spent 250 on my scripts.. now i have insurance and only pay 10 bucks a month Wow thats 240 bucks i can spend on new drugs of choice. Wow I'm lovin it =D

GenericMind said:
About 20%. Pretty low for a passionate hobby if you ask me.

After implementing a meticulously crafted rebudgeting strategy, it's now %0.00. ;)

last time i tried to find out, my wrists almost slit themselves it was so depressing.

cola said:
well since i don't have a steady job(just a few one-two-day jobs) and live at home with my parents(i'm in twelve grade) so....all of my money goes to drugs,but most of the stuff i buy is rather cheap here in my country (except for blow and good weed)....i don't drink but when i'm in the mood for a beer i get it from my fridge for free :) i don't smoke(and when i want a cig i smoke from my bf :)) ) i don't pay rent...don't buy anything to drink just some food ocasionaly...so :)) almost 80% goes into frugs,the rest clothes or accesories...or junk-food :((
The same with me, I'm in grade 12 and most of my money goes toward drugs and cigarettes.

For me i have to say around 70% This is how it is because when i get paid, i cash my check, and have to give about 100 dollars to my mom which contributes to paying the mad fines i have for getting arrested/car impound/court costs that are coming up/bullshit ..the rest of it about 60-70 dollars will be spent in shortly over a week because of my neverending quest to find oxycontin and whatever else starts with oxy.. It sucks because each day im out to score you know? So much money gone but i must say, its a bit well spent :]

Only around 10% most of the time. I always try to budget myself and every check, I have my "ME MONEY".

we'll call it 8% [so i clicked 10]

Unfortunately that only leaves another 10% left for anything but recurring monthly bills .. hard to manage any habit when trying to escape poverty in America thru workin hard .. livin in the ghetto, no 21st Century comforts save Internet, i take the bus rather than drive my car .. which needs new shoes and parts, just like my strung-out self.

and the choppers keep circling overhead, trying to rob me of my last taxdollar, if not ruin me forever.
God Bless America .. with cheaper drug prices.

as some of the others have also stated I do not spend very much of my income on my drug use nowadays however when I was a kid I too would spend most all my cash on drugs and the rest on chasing tail.