• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What makes police want to search a car?

In my district police officers have quotas, and to meet these quotas they will profile people. Of course they're not supposed to and the police force will deny this happens, but it does. Cars full of young people, loud music playing, a car packed full headed to a known festival, cars that are decked out with bling (like hub caps, plate frames, etc.), if you're a minority... they all work against you.

There's a major yearly festival here in BC that is the biggest and if you're smart you will drive up there the day before if you can. On the day the festival officially opens, cops are everywhere on the highway stopping all the rave goers.

I know what the law says about probable cause and what not, but honestly? Look at the times we are living in. Police setup road blocks to check for drunk driving and they can call in a warrant instantly. In some U.S. states the police at roadblocks have blank warrants that are pre-signed and they just put your name on them. Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) have brought us highway fascism.

Criminal Organisations/ OMCG's.

haha really? I dont know what youve done for the club but over here, your only marked as an 'associate' if you grow heaps for dope or ya movin pounds of meth for em.. practically a member that isnt fully patched...

In my district police officers have quotas, and to meet these quotas they will profile people. Of course they're not supposed to and the police force will deny this happens, but it does. Cars full of young people, loud music playing, a car packed full headed to a known festival, cars that are decked out with bling (like hub caps, plate frames, etc.), if you're a minority... they all work against you.

There's a major yearly festival here in BC that is the biggest and if you're smart you will drive up there the day before if you can. On the day the festival officially opens, cops are everywhere on the highway stopping all the rave goers.

I know what the law says about probable cause and what not, but honestly? Look at the times we are living in. Police setup road blocks to check for drunk driving and they can call in a warrant instantly. In some U.S. states the police at roadblocks have blank warrants that are pre-signed and they just put your name on them. Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) have brought us highway fascism.

Yeah, fuck DUI checkpoints. All you do is ask, am i being detained officer? Repeat until you are either illegally harassed and possibly searched, or the police realize that you know your rights and are not to be fucked with. Just be careful if there is something you can get popped for if they search you, more of a f-u and reverse harassment towards an oppressive and illegal tactic. A little bit of non-cooperation with that kind of BS.

How to refuse a DUI checkpoint

haha really? I dont know what youve done for the club but over here, your only marked as an 'associate' if you grow heaps for dope or ya movin pounds of meth for em.. practically a member that isnt fully patched...

nsw have passed some really draconian laws regarding 'association' lately. scary, actually.
obviously these kinds of laws all of us...much like those designed to "keep us safe from terrorism"

I saw a video that had the first people arrested for these new laws. They were kids, stupid kids, but kids nonetheless. Nothing to do with bikies or terrorism. I'm sure it's easy to find.

I want to back up what spacejunk said about keeping your cool when dealing with officers. He describes a situation where our emotions can let us down badly.

A lot of cops see this as a game and they genuinely either hate your guts (your guts, nervously stoned young man) or you make them feel sick with shameful pity because your too weak and green. These cops will be drunk on seized cocaine and gun powder and will squish you hand in a bench-vice back at the station if they smell fear so smarten up and spit right in their demonic pig face but make sure you smile and speak politely like spacejunk advises because good manners are like holy water for these demon swine.

but seriously that's good advice, not what I just wrote, well maybe the first paragraph... :)

I got pulled over and was caught with posession of a drug of dependence - meth, couple of pips, shitload of deal bags & scales. I was lucky and got let off with a caution, and part of it was I had to go to 2 counselling appointments.
Anywho, reason for why I was pulled over was because I had 3 "Magic Tree" air fresheners hanging from the rear view mirror, and apparantly alot of people who smoke weed have plenty of them in there cars!
So yeah, hide ya smelly trees!
Also, becuase I was caught with drugs, nearly every time Im behind a copper, I get pulled over. Licence & Rego check, drug & alcohol tested and body & vehicle search.

An associate of any criminal, I presume.

I don't see where Jake pointed out needles "lying all over a car interior", his response said nothing of the sort. Police may have found unused needles hidden up his bum in a paper bag for all we know.

Hmmm. I guess not everything gets reported on bluelight. You're correct in theory, however; I'm correct. Ask jake.

I have to agree with playing shit cool, I have never been pulled over for a random search but have had atleast a handful of RBT's where I had enough shit in the car to get me in a little bit of trouble. It's the same as how some people can smuggle drugs all over the world without a worry and other people get done their first time bringing a couple ounces of gear over the border. They are definately trained to read people and a nervous response will always evoke suspicion. I also second the politeness aspect because ime the *majority* of law enforcement are cunts and if you give them a reason to they will hold you up as long as possible whether they think they are onto something or not, if you be polite as possible then for the most part they are not going to try fuck up your day unless they think they have a good chance of making a bust.

I once got stopped for running an amber light with meth in the car and had been on it most the night while having a few beers at a pub (I know - should not be driving, it was 6 years ago ok) Had a decent amount in my purse which I had to get my licence out of. They RBT me and I didnt get told what the reading was but they wanted to take me to the station for the machine test. I just put my purse in the glove box and off we went.

They were young undercovers and we were chatting away but I just kept thinking, chill, dont talk, chill, STOP talking, and Please dont let there be a sniffer dog hanging out at the station :! Blew under and they drove me back to my car and off they went.

I was so lucky and it was a much needed wake up call. I had no record so that probably helped.

This is a very good question indeed, Me and my friends always used to get our cars searched mainly in the Carpark after a heavy night of booze and partying, this was probably 4 years ago when we started venturing into clubs,

Don't know if it could be the fact that my friend always parked in that particular staff parking to avoid paying hefty Carpark fees. But they'd always end up finding nothing due to the fact that we're not drug dealers neither do we

do drugs on a regular basis, and me and my friend only ever use drugs few times a year, only used legal high bought at this store in the valley cal happy high herbs if i remembered, don't know if it's still opened publicly but we only use it

on birthdays and anniversary with the misses and never do we carry any on us even though they are legal and sold in a store wide open to the public.

we'd never drive while under the influence, we'd call a cab, we'd just consume and buy what is necessary for self consumption and never more. Even when we were offered to buy more at once for a cheaper price, we know better,

So never were we ever in trouble with the law, and after a while seeing us, they know we are good lads and often ask us to drive safe. LOL. I liked the fact that they are only watching out for the community, they were sincere and we

often socialize only to a certain extent though. But this was years and years ago, the only recent time i've ever been pulled over was last year when I was driving my mum to her chemotherapy, It was a random RBT at the back of my

street where people were reported speeding excessively by the neighbourhood watch, I've left after successfully passed.

So I do think maybe, if someone has been randomly stopped and asked to have a car search, maybe they were either speeding or looking very suspicious and possibly showing signs of FEAR, I mean seriously people that are carrying that

much drugs in the car and if stopped by a police officer, off course they will show some signs of agitation or fear of some sort, police officers are trained to spot for signs and act on they're instincts. That's what I think.

Last edited:

nsw have passed some really draconian laws regarding 'association' lately. scary, actually.
obviously these kinds of laws all of us...much like those designed to "keep us safe from terrorism"

NSW laws are a joke. If you are merely pulled over with a known member in the car, or seen exiting a clubhouse, cops label you an associate. Nazi state.

boredom...the need to have found something or written infringements to cover costs of their shift...its a game of economics

listen to N.W.A. kids

Yeah being polite and keeping your cool helps a ton with cops, being rude is a sure-fire way to get fucked and being a know it all and getting obnoxious and indignant about your rights really pisses them off, no one likes being told how to do their job so telling a cop he doesn't know the law is asking for trouble. Of course if you get a wanker cop who is going to arrest you and is shitting on your rights then letting them know that you know they're crossing the line can sometimes help you, they'll probably still drag you to the station and exercise their little power trip but it can fuck up their chances of successfully prosecuting you and if they know that they might still waste your time and try and scare you but unless its something serious theyll often let you go at the end of it without pressing charges. Setting your phone to record the whole ordeal while playing it cool and informing them that you know your rights (if you do actually know your rights, most people only have a hazy idea) and that theyre breaking them can also work as a last resort. I always try and act like I'm in a good mood and ask the cops how they are and how their shift has been if they seem in the mood to talk, subtley showing them that outside the badge they're just normal people like you and that in different circumstances you could be friends seems to help, no one wants to fuck over a friend or somebody they like. My mum being a cop in nz got me and my friends off so many potential charges, it was awesome. I'd ask cops if they knew her and usually they did, my mums a lovely lady and is respected and liked by almost all the cops in the area where we live so as soon as they realised I was her boy they would change their tune and let of us with a warning. Once when we got pulled over on the way to the pub for having way to many people in the car and having open vessels in the car (illegal in nz) they actually loaded half of us into the police car and drove us the rest of the way! They even put the sirens on for us haha. Mum used to work Saturday nights in the nightclub district where we would go out and at the end of the night when the pubs closed and her shift ended I would get her to handcuff me and put me in the police car and she would drive me home, it was great.

I don't have that luxury in aus but now when I drive and I have something on me I always try to plan ahead - no speeding, stay off main roads where RBTs often are, have a solid alibi (if leaving a dealers place) and I always make sure I either have my drugs in a water balloon in my mouth ready to swallow or if I have too much to do that I put everything in a soft camera bag and keep it down my undies, it doesn't help if for whatever reason you get arrested and strip searched at the police station but if they just search the car and your pockets or a bag they aren't going to find anything and therefore have no reason to take you back to the station, unless you have a warrant out or have broken the terms of bail or parole or something. Regardless if I'm driving or not I always keep drugs in a little cloth bag that I safety pin to the inside of my boxers whenever I'm going out in public, it's a fail safe against a wrong place wrong time situation and gives me peace of mind so if something does happen I feel much more confident and relaxed when being questioned. Next time I talk to mum I'll ask her what the signs are cops look for when questioning/searching people and post up what she says.

Yeah being polite and keeping your cool helps a ton with cops, being rude is a sure-fire way to get fucked and being a know it all and getting obnoxious and indignant about your rights really pisses them off

agreed, its all about respect - being polite and keeping your cool works with pretty much everyone - not everyone has the ability to abuse power and the law against you though. who's dumb enough to go and pick an argument with an officer that can obviously and apparently hide behind their badge and laws. respect never seems to flow both ways. you see it time and time again, police going out of their way to be confrontational or harass/bully people...obviously their are dimwits that do it too but they are usually pretty powerless.
id hate to be a cop, it would be a lousy job but why do i consistently see police take out their frustration & anger on innocent people. i have never been shown an ounce of respect and i doubt i ever will which is ridicules because anyone that knows me personally knows im not a bad or violent person i just dont fit the clean cut square mould. its often the weak or vulnerable that police continually pick on...people with mental or health issues.
we need cops yeh but they gotta play by everyones rules not their own rules and if they dont they abide by the law they should be just as accountable as an ordinary citizen yet they are not.

Of course if you get a wanker cop who is going to arrest you and is shitting on your rights then letting them know that you know they're crossing the line can sometimes help you, they'll probably still drag you to the station and exercise their little power trip but it can fuck up their chances of successfully prosecuting you and if they know that they might still waste your time and try and scare you but unless its something serious theyll often let you go at the end of it without pressing charges.

ime they make up a lie to attempt to prosecute. pretending to be nice does nothing, not if you havnt shaved or have dirty clothes on. if they are going to waste the time and effort of dragging you in they are damn well gonna try to pin something on you and make you pay a fine or at least a court attendance, which simply equates to money. they are always attempting to bring in money it helps cancel out the costs of their wages...its a game of economics...while it will never fully balance that is what they are trying to do it justifies what they have done all shift.

Setting your phone to record the whole ordeal while playing it cool and informing them that you know your rights (if you do actually know your rights, most people only have a hazy idea) and that theyre breaking them can also work as a last resort.

they are usually rummaging through your messages invading your privacy...so i doubt that'll work or help you at all. soon as you touch your phone they are all over it.

I always try and act like I'm in a good mood and ask the cops how they are and how their shift has been if they seem in the mood to talk, subtley showing them that outside the badge they're just normal people like you and that in different circumstances you could be friends seems to help,

depends on your appearance, long hair, old clothes, tats, or even facial hair is enough for them to dismiss you as scum...doesnt matter how nice you pretend to be they hold the power and they often abuse it.

My mum being a cop in nz got me and my friends off so many potential charges, it was awesome. I'd ask cops if they knew her and usually they did, my mums a lovely lady and is respected and liked by almost all the cops in the area where we live so as soon as they realised I was her boy they would change their tune and let of us with a warning.

no offence towards you or your Mum but this makes me sick!!! why should different rules apply...thats complete and utter bullshit! Gang mentality if iv ever seen it...you scratch my back and il scratch yours, sticking together and breaking the laws. It shouldnt matter if your Mum was the commissioner or president...shouldnt we all be treated equally and abide by the same set of rules? It makes my skin crawl how much they break the rules/laws for one another"you do the crime, you do the time" the same rules police enforce should apply to them! but it never does.

Once when we got pulled over on the way to the pub for having way to many people in the car and having open vessels in the car (illegal in nz) they actually loaded half of us into the police car and drove us the rest of the way! They even put the sirens on for us haha. Mum used to work Saturday nights in the nightclub district where we would go out and at the end of the night when the pubs closed and her shift ended I would get her to handcuff me and put me in the police car and she would drive me home, it was great.

some people get treated like this while others are continually harassed, abused, bullied, and picked on...what a complete waste of public money and taxes!

I have nothing against you personally cass but your post is just typical of the abuse of power and ego tripping police commit regularly...everyone should be playing by the same rules...you get upset at me for calling them pigs but you have just displayed some seriously sickly proof of what really goes on...im sure your mum is a lovely lady and im sure she works damn hard but imagine if the shoe was on the other foot...

it makes me sick how often these people abuse their power!

Next time I talk to mum I'll ask her what the signs are cops look for when questioning/searching people and post up what she says.
that would be great so we can all learn how to pretend and play the game a little better...imo it would be better if there was a little more compassion and common sense...its not just a game for most people!

again no offence directly towards you cass, i sincerely hope this does not come across as a personal attack because it is not! im just trying to frame it from the wrong/other side of the law or the average persons point of view, if i was related to a police officer and had special treatment maybe i wouldn't have such little respect for them and the obviously corrupt system...your post blatantly shows how corrupt and immoral police are and the system is :|

Last edited: