• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What makes N2O Compulsive for Psychonauts?

There's not much to this question. It's fun, quick, and euphoric. Why do people use heroin, coke, or marijuana? Certain people just prefer particular drugs because they like the effects.

^^ That only answers why it's compulsive in general, not why psychonauts like it. It gets a lot deeper than just being a fun quick high. I actually wouldn't use it if it was just like that.

^If it wasn't nitrous oxide it would be some other drug. People like to get high and nitrous is fun and can take you places. No big mystery.

That's where you're wrong, because I've tried purely euphoric drugs on psychedelics and they all sucked. I consider nitrous to be on the level of salvia and DMT; I would do it even if it wasn't fun. It's about seeing what my mind can do, not just getting high.

Well that's you. Most people take drugs to get fucked up that's what I'm saying.

I totally get that, but most people also aren't psychonauts. All I'm saying is that there are genuine reasons that psychonauts love it that have nothing to do with just getting high.

For sure. I love nitrous oxide myself because it just gives me a feeling that I'm doing things right and it makes me look forward to the future. There's definitely something to it if you really let it manifest. I am a huge fan of dissociatives though so maybe I'm a little biased =D

Hehe, well I'm not a fan of dissociatives and I still love nitrous so I think there's something special there. :p Though I use it exclusively on psychedelics. I've tried repeatedly to give dissociatives a try but on their own they really do nothing for me. With psychedelics, they definitely get better but I still kind of felt like ketamine and DXM ruined the mindset of my trips even though the hallucinations were fascinating. I'd have to say that one of my favorite things about nitrous is how remarkably clearheaded it is even when it makes me totally insane, and the fact that it hits hard and fast and then drops me right back to where I was with my trip but with everything being stronger. I should be trying xenon during my next trip so I'm thinking that might be another exception for me!

Your description of your nitrous trip is interesting, as it's completely unlike mine haha. Nitrous to me feels so utterly mind-bending that it's barely worth trying to explain. Transcendental thoughts, impossible time loops, mind-sensory synesthesia, intense emotional states ranging from pure maniacal laughing hedonism to extreme gut-wrenching terror. Love that stuff.