• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What makes N2O Compulsive for Psychonauts?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Obviously nitrous can be a drug of compulsive use.

But why, specifically for psychonauts, is nitrous oxide so inviting?

Why does the word "hippy crack" exist in your opinion?

I hope this is clear....

if NO2 would be used, compulsively, the use would cease shortly thereafter. ;)

if NO2 would be used, compulsively, the use would cease shortly thereafter. ;)

Hahahaha yea, N2O not NO2.
Anyway it's so compulsive because it's REALLY REALLY fun and feels REALLY REALLY good but only lasts a REALLY REALLY short amount of time, just like crack (never tried crack so I'm just guessing)

Plus I have read many trip reports where when used while on PD's it greatly potentiated a trip sending the user into a transdimensional hyperspace of sorts.

Plus I have read many trip reports where when used while on PD's it greatly potentiated a trip sending the user into a transdimensional hyperspace of sorts.
yes, nitrous oxide has enormous synergistic potential with most psychedelic drugs and is therefore perfectly suited to raise a trip on a much higher level for some minutes.

It feels great and the duration is a matter of minutes, probably the same reason coke is so compulsive. I find that with nitrous I constantly chase the state where I start to get visual hallucinations of places that I'm not at so as soon as I start to come down it's time for another balloon... wash, rinse, repeat.

It's not used in all circles. Neither myself nor any of my local psychonaut friends have ever tried it. I didn't even know it was a thing before being on bluelight.

Oh man nitrous is HUGE around here, if you go to a house part there will be a huge tank. It's really popular in the "rave" scene, I say that in quotes because it's usually a bunch of ravers at house parties with a house DJ. I reccomend buying some nitrous canisters at least once, it really is a great substance. It's just way too short lived.

It never did that to me while I was on 1.5g of mushrooms and stoned on excellent herb; but it just made everything confusing.

Because it appears to give you the answer.

These are the correct answers.

I don't even consider taking psychedelics without nitrous anymore. Once I have that one incredible balloon, the trip is never the same again. It doesn't just make it amazing while on the balloon, it makes the rest of the experience significantly more visual, lucid, controllable, euphoric, and hilarious. And it gets better every time. Never going without it again for sure.

Plus, it's just an impressive hallucinogen as it is. If you only ever take it every other week like I do (which is how often I trip) there is actually a reverse tolerance instead of a regular tolerance. What's not to love?

man i always get shit from my drug-using friends for liking nitrous oxide but man it is a good feeling...
Just don't do it too much i guess. It's really not a bad drug if you can deal with the short duration

I like nitrous a lot with weed or alcohol, but I've never had a satisfying time combining it with psychedelics. I don't find it addictive, either.

I've yet to try it with psyches or MDxx but plan on it very soon! Sounds intense!

PriestTheyCalledHim I guess up the dosage of one of the two then to get to said level of tripping.

Nitrous and dissociatives is also meant to be just as ridiculous .

I am very interested in trying nitrous, are there not risks of messing it up though?

Nitrous is pretty safe. Definitely safer than alcohol use. Just don't breathe directly from the canister and do one at a time. Get a dispenser, you can find them to buy online and they're not expensive. Your main worry is oxygen deprivation which is not an issue as long as you're not pounding them one after another without breathing in between, and even then you'll just pass out and breathe while unconscious. There's definitely a small amount of machine oil in the canisters, so some people worry about that. I don't do enough nitrous to be concerned. Excessive use can lead to b12 deficiency, which can be countered by taking a supplement.