• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What makes a person genuine? Am I not truly myself?

You can’t escape socialization. The influence of people’s personalities and morals will continually have us trapped in a vacuum of artificial thought forms and ideas and beliefs.

This is why I think it is really important for people to move away from where they grew up, away from their childhood friends and family, at least for a substantial period of time. It allows you to grow so much more, and in a way that is entirely based on who you are deep down. When we spend our lives around the same people we grew up with, we find ourselves affected by their preconceived notions about us, we continually fall into the same roles and patterns that were established when we were too young to have the wherewithal to not let other people define who we are. I ended up moving across the country into a place I fell in love with, and once I did that I was able to establish entirely new relationships and those people knew nothing about who I was to all the people I grew yup with. Because of that, I was able to redefine myself into the person I truly wanted to be. I love my family very much, and I am still close with them, but I'm so glad I did move away, because the person I am today is a person that is pretty different from the person I ended up thinking of myself as in the first half of my life. Even now when I visit my family extendedly, or spend time with my childhood friends, I find myself slipping back into the old roles and patterns that defined me back then. It's interesting because it reminds me of where I came from. But I much prefer the life I made for myself where I am now, and the person I have become. I really don't think I would have ever become what I am today if I had had to always have everyone I know seeing me as the person I was when I was young all the time.

Cultural conditioning is hard to escape from. Some are affected by it more than others. Everyones driven with an instinct to survive and I think so much of what's determined as surviving is based on what's considered successful. I think social stratification plays a huge part in this. Birds of the same feather do flock together. Then people become accustomed to the behaviors that best protect their comfort level. It seems like those that suffer more and cant find much comfort are the ones that are eventually forced to find themselves. That can be a blessing in disguise if you recognize it for what it truly is. But what's seen as different does often get oppressed. So many have became fake and just appease each other. These behaviors have became habitual. I often feel like I am living in a movie where everyone else has a script to read from except me. Everything has became so automated and based on some form of protocol basically with the only intent of protecting liability. It's a joke. We have lost sight of the true human condition. Denial exists in other things besides just addiction. I think self rightousness is the most destructive sin. It was satans own sin so he knows very well how it works plus its the most hidden along with hypocrisy. The truth has became so distorted that Gods having to put angels in crack houses and whores in church. When someones hurting its became more about what theyve done wrong then helping to ease their pain.