• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous What kind of drugs are going to appear in the future?

do quote the source, THE CRAMPS

I want a new drug
One that won't make me sick
One that won' make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick

I want a new drug
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

I want a new drug
One that won't spill
One that don't cost too much
Or come in a pill

I want a new drug
One that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day

Wondering what to do
When I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you baby

I want a new drug
One that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good

I want a new drug
One with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much
Or make my face break out

Wondering what to do
When I'm alone with you

There will always be new drugs that try to mimic the effect of the original traditional ones, for legal reasons and for cost reasons!!!
THC, LSD, MDMA, Amphatmines, Opiates, Coke.. etc...
No matter what new drugs come out, I've got more than enough with the above mentioned!!

But all these are no good unless I also throw in there the best drug of all which is Love and Life!!

But stay away from Opiates I say!!

2c-b-bom-fly, bom-ci, mt, b-lsd, met-bom

iirc, shulgin doesn't pursue the beta-oxy phens further because they have terrible peripheral side effects. probably from their similarity to ephedrine/noradrenaline. doesn't sound as fun as where nichols is going with the n-benzyl analogs.

i've wondered about ring closures similar to the aminoindane class, but starting with a 2,5-dimethoxy phen. the 2-meo could be connected with the alpha position of the carbon chain, making a conformationally constrained analog that should give us tons of new drugs to evaluate and understand.

Here are some story seeds / potential futures that I thought would be interesting:

Pure 6-Monoacetylmorphine: All the extra goodness of Black Tar without any of that silly "Heroin" stuff ruining your good time.

Zany new designer opiates like Diacetylhydromorphone.

Nanites that carry tiny doses of extremely potent opiates like 3-Methylfentanyl and inject them directly into the Nucleus Accumbens.

Many More Mescaloids!

Super Nootropics that boost reaction time, enabling users to pilot hoverships at thousands of miles per hour (as per Captain Falcon).

WAY-267,464 (A real thing that already exists) - It's a very selective non-peptide agonist for oxytocin receptors. Unlike oxytocin, it readily passes the BBB, so you can get the oxytocinergic effects in the CNS just by taking it directly.

Synthetic Cannabinoid mixes will become highly specialized after the legalization of marijuana in the US. The most highly lauded cannabis strains will be outstripped by crazy new cocktails of ganja goodness that can be taken in pill form.

Shroom growers will introduce certain chemicals into the soil of their Cubensis that will be modified by the mushrooms' metabolic processes, and result in different end chemicals. Like mushrooms that produce 4-HO-AMT or 4-HO-DPT or something.

That Meth from the show Breaking Bad will be a real thing if it isn't already.

I was thinking about this as well. The DOx psychedelic amphetamines seem to have a very "futuristic" nature about them. I would really love to get around to trying one.

Seems like you could work with the base model of these compounds and get something very interesting going.

I think the dimethoxy amphetamines are a bit of a dead end, as the halogenated ones tend to be much more interesting than the alklyated ones, and the # of halogens is quite limited. But i could (and would like to) be wrong.

I also remember reading someones post in the MDAI thread stating that they believed that drugs like MDAI were the future. By this the poster meant that MDAI is one of few drugs that almost explicitly acts on one neurotransmitter (Serotonin). The poster proposed that drugs following this model, but acting explicitly on different neurotransmitters would allow for the user to "create their own high" based on what compounds and dosages they chose.

I think it'd be really interesting to write up an article on Future-Pharmacology. PM me if anybody is interested in collaborating. I'm sure Fast and Bulbous would be a great source of info.

I believe I posted something like that in reference to combining MDAI with various stims & 2c-e. In some ways i think that will be part of the future of informed recreational drug use, but there are plenty of others as well, check out 5-IAI, 5 & 6 APDB, the last of which seems the most interesting to me at the moment but who knows. The recent UK cathinone ban has got the grey market chemists putting out all sorts of stuff now. Its a bit scary but also quite exciting. Speaking of cathinones, bk-MDEA might be interesting, don't know if its ever been widely distributed though.

check out 5-IAI, 5 & 6 APDB, the last of which seems the most interesting to me at the moment but who knows. The recent UK cathinone ban has got the grey market chemists putting out all sorts of stuff now. Its a bit scary but also quite exciting. Speaking of cathinones, bk-MDEA might be interesting, don't know if its ever been widely distributed though.

the 6 APDB does sound very interesting. Hopefully a bit will drop from the sky into my lap sometime. :)

as for bk-MDEA. I dont think it would be too exciting as MDE was a very tame and light experience for me. The beta ketone usually makes these experinces even lighter.
I imagine it to be more of a stimulant than an entactogen (i find butlyon to be more of a stimulant as well while Methylone is entactogenic for me.)

I was thinking it might be less stimulating than M1, but that's pretty baseless speculation on my part. I'm sure there's some TR's for this substance out there, but i haven't bothered to look them up yet. Never tried MDE or MBDB (to my knowledge anyway, though they could well have been in one of the many pressed pills i bought at some point), but i'd certainly be interested if i were to happen across them at some point.

LSD that makes your penis bigger

it doesn't have that effect on you guys?...

I've read that aMT and aET are actually somewhat effective, in addition to being psychedelic at higher doses. Don't really know from experience though

Thats funny because I am in the process of purchasing some aMT. It sound like an interesting chemical but Im not a big fan off tripping so I will use only small doses I think.

psychedelics that will merge together human consciousness with consciousness of a flover,you will know what it feels to be flover from human point of view

you know, theres no real evidence IMO that antidepressants work any better that placebo in placebo controlled trials. there is a small difference but IMO this can be explained by the side effects of the antidepressant causing the non-placebo group to anticipate a greater improvement and therefore enhancing the placebo effect.