View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What kind of changes can be seen after use of LSD&DMT

Blendincolor

Greenlighter
I'm still on the brink of deciding weather I want to take these two amazing drugs. Being given the possibility to travel to other dimensions from where your sat is my cup of tea. But I'm curious what kind of changes would be considerably noticeable after one has experienced this.

This is a really interesting question, and it's hard to answer with specifics. The changes are really individual because these drugs affect everyone differently, and grant different insights to each person. I can't speak about DMT having never tried it, but LSD has helped me to find purpose in life and helped me to focus on the important things and cast aside the shit that doesn't matter. I reckon other's have had similar changes as a result of using LSD, but like I said, it's different for everyone, and it's different every time too. LSD can be a catalyst for personal change.

Like perpetualdawn said, the changes one may or may not undergo are entirely person-dependent. They depend on what you're going into expecting to achieve, whether you're mentally stable, how the individual trip went, etc. Some people take psychedelics and never have a profound experience and end up more or less unchanged personality-wise. Some people have powerful, spiritual experiences and end up with greatly changed viewpoints on certain things. And some people deal with that type of experience poorly and end up more neurotic or even with PTSD. For myself, I didn't know what to expect going into my first trip, and I was very anti-spiritual (I thought that sort of thing was delusional and silly). I ended up having an experience of awakening into the universal consciousness and it fundamentally changed my entire conception of reality from a materialist perspective to something deeper and more complex. The change is entirely positive in my case, though I had some trouble integrating my new viewpoints into "ordinary" life for a while.

Like perpetualdawn said, the changes one may or may not undergo are entirely person-dependent. They depend on what you're going into expecting to achieve, whether you're mentally stable, how the individual trip went, etc. Some people take psychedelics and never have a profound experience and end up more or less unchanged personality-wise. Some people have powerful, spiritual experiences and end up with greatly changed viewpoints on certain things. And some people deal with that type of experience poorly and end up more neurotic or even with PTSD. For myself, I didn't know what to expect going into my first trip, and I was very anti-spiritual (I thought that sort of thing was delusional and silly). I ended up having an experience of awakening into the universal consciousness and it fundamentally changed my entire conception of reality from a materialist perspective to something deeper and more complex. The change is entirely positive in my case, though I had some trouble integrating my new viewpoints into "ordinary" life for a while.

Thanks, you gave me exactly what I was expecting to hear . I have heard many great things, and being a spiritual person myself I'm sure the experience will be very enlightening. My last trip was a simple gram of mushrooms but I feel like I've been sleeping for my entire life and only now am I'm starting to wake up..

For myself, I didn't know what to expect going into my first trip, and I was very anti-spiritual (I thought that sort of thing was delusional and silly). I ended up having an experience of awakening into the universal consciousness and it fundamentally changed my entire conception of reality from a materialist perspective to something deeper and more complex.

Same deal here.

I tinkered around with LSD for quite a few years at different doses.. i found it fascinating, intriguing and the experience would often leave me in a place of intelligent awe with existence; but i always felt like i was just on the cusp of breaking through to something all-encompassing.. in a sense i felt like i was scratching the proverbial wall of consciousness and although it altered my perception of reality the change didn't occur at a fundamental level.

DMT however was in a league of it's own and changed everything for me, it seemed to provide the missing link in the chain that i was unable to reach with LSD which ultimately shifted me into a very spiritual position. The experience systematically broke down all of conceptual reality into a singular point of indescribable understanding.

That said, the hardest challenge has been the integration which i still feel like i'm continuing to do even six years on.. you never stop learning about yourself in life, but knowing where the foundation is makes it easier to build an authentic sense of self.

I'm still on the brink of deciding weather I want to take these two amazing drugs. Being given the possibility to travel to other dimensions from where your sat is my cup of tea. But I'm curious what kind of changes would be considerably noticeable after one has experienced this.

Around a year ago I had a couple of very different mushroom experiences, which for the convenience of this post I will consider my first real trips. The first was delightful and whimsical, the second I took the day after and did not enjoy at all. Through the few hours of dismay and depression I suffered, I probably hit rock bottom mentally. However, with some effort I pushed through this dismal mindset and found myself at a state I had not felt for many years: that of myself as a happy child, before depression set in and I eventually turned to full time pot smoking. This revelation was transferred into my own personal life and for the next probably 9-10 months I felt as happy to be alive as I had ever been. I probably took 5-6 more mushroom trips over this time, as well as a 1P-LSD trip.

A little over a month ago I found myself on a fortnight long weed binge due to easy access to pot. I quickly grew tired of this and quit cold turkey, and have now not had a smoke in around 3 weeks. I feel like I’m once again missing that hunger for life, not that I have once again fallen into depression (well maybe a little bit), I’m just a lot more grounded. Now that I look back over the last year, I can say that, post psychedelics, I was slightly spiritually leaning, eg feeling a oneness with nature and people around me, which now seems a mite bit silly I must add. I enjoyed the company of others far more than I did before and do now (I’m a loner by nature). I embraced the mantra of “live in the moment”, which I came up with during a mushroom trip, any time I found myself stressing about a particular issue, I simply repeated that to myself and found I almost immediately felt better. I have also found a lot of pleasure in purchasing and listening to music from various artists, to the extent of some weeks finding my budget stretched tighter than I want it to be. This particular point will continue to be the case as far as I can tell!

Over the last week I have been toying with the idea of taking either some mushrooms, 1P or salvia, and am currently unsure whether it’s the correct action for me any more. Am I “cheating” by taking a drug which I know will make me enjoy my life more? Is it sensible for me to blindly charge through my days in a cloud of delightful thoughts and good vibes? Should I shun my stash and undertake the journey of life from here on out with a mind which is non-mystical, coldly analytical, and prone to stress and anger? Which me is the real me? This is an issue I and I alone can come to answer. I hope these experiences will provide you with some food for thought. Please note that I am in no way suggesting that you will have the same response as I did to psychedelics! Be well

You are definitely humbled and more spiritually enlightened if the experience was a good one for you. Sometimes ego-death can be frightening, but in the end you accept it and it leaves a worthwhile impression, at least it did on me (both LSD and DMT, very different drugs though).

Around a year ago I had a couple of very different mushroom experiences, which for the convenience of this post I will consider my first real trips. The first was delightful and whimsical, the second I took the day after and did not enjoy at all. Through the few hours of dismay and depression I suffered, I probably hit rock bottom mentally. However, with some effort I pushed through this dismal mindset and found myself at a state I had not felt for many years: that of myself as a happy child, before depression set in and I eventually turned to full time pot smoking. This revelation was transferred into my own personal life and for the next probably 9-10 months I felt as happy to be alive as I had ever been. I probably took 5-6 more mushroom trips over this time, as well as a 1P-LSD trip.

A little over a month ago I found myself on a fortnight long weed binge due to easy access to pot. I quickly grew tired of this and quit cold turkey, and have now not had a smoke in around 3 weeks. I feel like I’m once again missing that hunger for life, not that I have once again fallen into depression (well maybe a little bit), I’m just a lot more grounded. Now that I look back over the last year, I can say that, post psychedelics, I was slightly spiritually leaning, eg feeling a oneness with nature and people around me, which now seems a mite bit silly I must add. I enjoyed the company of others far more than I did before and do now (I’m a loner by nature). I embraced the mantra of “live in the moment”, which I came up with during a mushroom trip, any time I found myself stressing about a particular issue, I simply repeated that to myself and found I almost immediately felt better. I have also found a lot of pleasure in purchasing and listening to music from various artists, to the extent of some weeks finding my budget stretched tighter than I want it to be. This particular point will continue to be the case as far as I can tell!

Over the last week I have been toying with the idea of taking either some mushrooms, 1P or salvia, and am currently unsure whether it’s the correct action for me any more. Am I “cheating” by taking a drug which I know will make me enjoy my life more? Is it sensible for me to blindly charge through my days in a cloud of delightful thoughts and good vibes? Should I shun my stash and undertake the journey of life from here on out with a mind which is non-mystical, coldly analytical, and prone to stress and anger? Which me is the real me? This is an issue I and I alone can come to answer. I hope these experiences will provide you with some food for thought. Please note that I am in no way suggesting that you will have the same response as I did to psychedelics! Be well

Thanks for your carefully explained answer. I have a lot to think about yes, but what I'd like to say to you is I don't at all think that using drugs is cheating yourself into happiness. It is mearly a key in my opinion. Our brains and evolution have grown into such a form where "Ego" runs our life. I have never read about ego per say, but in my opinion our thoughts, likes and dislikes, opinions, decisions, the way we dress, talk, walk, everything is run by this ego factor. And using psychedelics helps us temporarily get rid of this shackle that has imprisoned our real selves. My first Ego loss was with 30 grams of truffels, and it was completely terrifying, but I learn later on to take things as they come and to live life without the thought of death creeping on my shoulder. I think everyone that wants answers and wants to escape this fake society needs to partake in psychedelic activities. I think I have made up my mind and would like to take this to the next step.. Thanks for you help, and take life easy :)

You are definitely humbled and more spiritually enlightened if the experience was a good one for you. Sometimes ego-death can be frightening, but in the end you accept it and it leaves a worthwhile impression, at least it did on me (both LSD and DMT, very different drugs though).

30 grams of Hollandia brand truffels were surely enough to get rid of my ego, and I black out only to find myself among people my ego knows, but I myself truly don't. These people originally from my school were nothing but strangers. I ran from them deep into the forest, scared, cold and unable to use language or even know where the hell or what country I was in. That was one of the most scariest experiences in my life but gave me a whole new look on things. Death is merely a transition, not the end.

For me the moest profound effect of these substances was ego death i.e the illusionary barrier between me and everything dissapeared. It is inexplicable how good this feeling is.