• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is your favorite stimulant?

Favorite upper?

• Methamphetamine (crystal, glass)

Votes: 495 25.3%
  • 4-Methylaminorex (ice) -- yes, I know, I'm a freak.

Votes: 72 3.7%
  • Cocaine! or Crack!

Votes: 588 30.1%
  • Amphetamine (adderall, dexedrine, base etc)

Votes: 611 31.3%
  • Methylphenidate (ritalin)

Votes: 112 5.7%
  • RC's (Mephedrone, MDPV etc..)

Votes: 76 3.9%

• Total voters
i voted for cocaine-crack..but in fact i only wanna choose coke, ive never done crack nor want to :)

My favorite stimulant is caffiene but that wasn't on the list....

well i just voted COCAINE not crack ever, cause crack = wack.

Always funny to see people trying to separate the two, as if changing the MoA changes the drug you are using.
Something tells me this has more to do with race and class than pharmacology......

dm3 said:
Always funny to see people trying to separate the two, as if changing the MoA changes the drug you are using.
Something tells me this has more to do with race and class than pharmacology......

question..if they werent different drugs would they not have the same name?

and what do you mean by the race/class comment.

im just curious, not trying to start anything :)

I've never done most of these, but

I can at least vouch for ritalin, It feels safer to me than ephedra. Powder coke I can take or leave-It doesn't get me as high as ritalin.

Crack, well, as Denic Leary once said, "Don't do a drug that's named after part of your ass." Hi, I'd like to spend all night lying to people and scamming them for money so that I can keep lighting my thumb on fire. Bad, bad, no, no. The main characteristics of this drug ( and coke in large doses) is that is an expensive drug that causes you to want to go out and buy more of it.

dreamgirlie19 said:
question..if they werent different drugs would they not have the same name?

and what do you mean by the race/class comment.

im just curious, not trying to start anything :)

Cocaine Hydrochloride and its freebase ("Crack") share the same active ingredient, albeit in different forms. Technically, they are they same drug.

And I think what dm3 meant by the "race/class comment" was that the government dishes out much harsher punishment for the possession of smokable rock-form freebase Cocaine (which is stereotypically viewed by the lawmakers as a drug only used by lower-class minorities), compared to powder-form Cocaine Hydrochloride, which is seen as an middle/upper-class "white" drug, and thus, the penalties for possession of it seem much more lenient.

This is certainly nothing to roll one's eyes at. (I won't name names here...)

Cocaine, being a chemical and not a cocktail of chemicals contained in plant matter like cannabis or opium, is an active ingredient in itself. Thus it does not "share an active ingredient with crack".

Basically, cocaine is cocaine, whether it´s in the form of hcl crystals or freebase.

--- G.

Morrison's Lament said:
Cocaine, being a chemical and not a cocktail of chemicals contained in plant matter like cannabis or opium, is an active ingredient in itself. Thus it does not "share an active ingredient with crack".

Basically, cocaine is cocaine, whether it´s in the form of hcl crystals or freebase.

--- G.

Semantics...

"Crack" Cocaine, or Cocaine base, is a form of Cocaine with a hydroxyl radical in the chemical compound.
Powdered Cocaine = Cocaine - hydroxyl radical.
Crack Cocaine = Cocaine + hydroxyl radical.

Additionally, whereas Cocaine itself may not be a "cocktail of chemicals," street freebase Cocaine typically is. Pure "Crack" Cocaine would be rather difficult to procure (i.e., without a number of inactive ingredients, such as Sodium Bicarbonate).

silverfucked said:
Ritalin, booo!
SteveElektro said:

Oh yeah and ritalin sucks arse, had plenty of it and its krudd.

I know it's retarded but I voted for Ritalin, and I will tell you why.

The first 'stimulant' I ever took was dexedrine in 10th grade, bought it from one of the fat girls trying to lose weight. Took a lot of diet pills in High School

Then later on I had a long story with cocaine, first snorting then smoking then eventually IV, then coke and heroin together IV, then eventually removed the coke from the speedball and did heroin by itself for more or less 8 years.

Brief episodes in there with methamphetamine and crank, plus back to freebase and powder coke once in a while, but non habitual with all these stimulants.

Quit heroin finally 3 years ago via detox/inpatient rehab, drained of energy and motivation for months afterwards, paralyzing fatigue etc. Burned out totally. Shrink recommended desoyn along with SRI for depression, but I was not depressed just worn out. Thought desoxyn and dexedrine were too speedy, eventually tried ritalin and it seemed to work. Like a thermos of coffee in the morning. Gives me focus and energy and gets me off my ass without any of that good old sweaty-jittery-up-all-night-alphabetizing-the-sock-drawer-pointless-compulsive-teeth-grinding-energy I always get from REAL speed. This is not a recreational situation for me. Ritalin is my favorite stimulant because it is the only thing keeping me awake and moving my fingers on this keyboard.

So there.

------------

Last edited:
DJ ColdFusion said:
Semantics...

"Crack" Cocaine, or Cocaine base, is a form of Cocaine with a hydroxyl radical in the chemical compound.
Powdered Cocaine = Cocaine - hydroxyl radical.
Crack Cocaine = Cocaine + hydroxyl radical.

Additionally, whereas Cocaine itself may not be a "cocktail of chemicals," street freebase Cocaine typically is. Pure "Crack" Cocaine would be rather difficult to procure (i.e., without a number of inactive ingredients, such as Sodium Bicarbonate).

Valid points, but I was trying to clear up the false perception I felt that comment would create. "Active ingredient" makes people think "the equivalent of thc in marijuana, or alcohol in beer".

Cocaine is very different in that it is in itself supposed to be a single, pure chemical (C17H21NO4), while the term "active ingredient" is generally used to signify one compound within a particular substance. It's not just semantics, I wanted to be clear that everyone understood that.

As for street coke containing other compounds, this is true, but usually those are leftover solvents and cuts, while marijuana and opium naturally contain more minute quantities of their active ingredients.

Anyway... I guess it is semantics come to think of it, but I'm a stickler for accuracy at times ;)

--- G.

geographic99 said:
without any of that good old sweaty-jittery-up-all-night-alphabetizing-the-sock-drawer-pointless-compulsive-teeth-grinding-energy I always get from REAL speed.
lmao!

My vote goes for coke, I've explained the reasons I like it over speed many times so I won't be repeating myself

never tried meth & I voted for adderall.

Question about a stimulant that I've read a ton about but have never heard anyone talk about it, and couldn't find using the search mode:

(benzadrine (sp?)--commonly refered to as Benny by beat writers such as Jack Kerouac and Allan Ginsberg for recreational and creative purposes.

does anyone know anything about this drug (is it still around? where would one find it?)

The comment about race/class was because of 1: the differences in punishment our government gives out and 2: the MASSIVE change in the perception the public has of cocaine vs crack users. Didn't aim that comment at you, emkee just the general attitude people have towards crack vs cocaine. What other drug is given a different (common) name when the salt is removed or changed?

There is a difference between MoA's - smoking something or injecting it is always going to increase the risk of addiction (unless the drug isn't smokable) because it will get more drug to your brain faster however I don't think that's what this is about. When was the last time you heard someone say meth is really cool when you sniff it, but people that smoke it are losers? The only exception to this I can think of is with IV drugs, and thats because most people are scared of needles. Speaking of IV, many, many people IV coke but IV coke doesn't get a special derogatory common name even though IV cocaine is much more dangerous and addictive than crack. Heroin also is called heroin regardless of whether it's sniffed, smoked or shot as is every other drug I can think.

No other drug has been demonized worst than crack.

Second Round KOut said:
never tried meth & I voted for adderall.

Question about a stimulant that I've read a ton about but have never heard anyone talk about it, and couldn't find using the search mode:

(benzadrine (sp?)--commonly refered to as Benny by beat writers such as Jack Kerouac and Allan Ginsberg for recreational and creative purposes.

does anyone know anything about this drug (is it still around? where would one find it?)
Benzedrine was a trade name of racemic amphetamine, Dextroamphetamine is the same drug, but only the d isomer.
Dexies are for all intensive purposes, just a slightly better version of benzedrine (it's subjective though)
In short, benzedrine is amphetamine. :)

Also, methedrine was a trade name of methamphatemine.

Last edited:
methamphetamine is still sold under the brand Desoxyn. Methedrine used to come in tablets, and 1cc vials containing 20mg for injection, yummy :)