• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What is your favorite HEALTHY munchie food?

CD said:
Those morning star buffalo wings are excellent. My new thing is peanut butter and walnuts on whole wheat bread. This sounds strange, and of course there's a lot of fat, but I highly recommend it.

Werd to that. Promite + Avo + Nuts + Sultana's.

whole maple yogurt with pumpkin flax seed granola is a munchie staple of mine. i love all dried fruit (unsulfered) but mango is by far the most delicious. a good alternative to potato chips is salted nori sheets. air popped popcorn with liguid aminos and nutritional yeast. i could go on forever...

popcorn.

it's healthier than chips. I love those little 100 calorie bags.

but I always REALLY want big ol' fattening things of fries.

Clif Bars, duh! That's really more for when I have the munchies and I'm 15 miles from any sort of dining establishment though. :)

My most staple munchie is a half cup of fat free cottage cheese, a Yoplait single serving of some fruit flavored yogurt, and a half cup of GrapeNuts. Plenty of protein and lots of complex carbs, occasionally I'll eat a teaspoon of peanut butter when I'm done with that just to get those EFA's goin'.

If I'm feeling really rather indulgent I blend a half cup of vanilla ice cream, a cup of skim milk, and 2 scoops of protein powder with fresh bananas, blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple. *swoons*

I love frozen fruit- rasberries, strawberries or grapes.

Or frozen fruit tossed into some organic yoghurt (I use soygurt) with some milled flax seeds.

Luna bars and lara bars.

A couple squares of dark chocolate.

Popcorn with nutritional yeast is also a fav.

and my new wierd one: I steam asparagus and toss it in thai green curry and use it to top some toasted rye bread spread with vegenaise (eggless mayo).

pico de gallo and pineapple!!! I eat this by itself but its also delicious with some chicken on a salad--but i guess thats a meal not a snack :)

peanuts in the shell....specifically sungsung peanuts from China. So healthy and yummy and TASTY.

Cliff Bar "Builder's Bar"...Peanut Butter Flavor. Its got 20g Protein as well as 25% DV of your vitamins and minerals. It tastes like a healthy Butterfinger/Reeses...I can't ask for anything better and healthy while messed up on some AK!!!

OR...

Peanut Butter Shake...1 fat glass of milk, 2 scoops of peanut butter, a little scoop of ice cream, and a banana.

Yeah...I like peanut butter!

I forgot to add dried Bananas or Kiwi's...damn those taste good!

Carman's Classic Fruit Muesli Breakfast Bars.. Don't think they sell them outside Australia though.

If I don't eat my daily habit of raw fresh veggies I end up not going to the bathroom at all for a couple of days ...that super SUCKS!!! :p Anyway I just snacked on this (heaven): 1 huge bowl of fresh assorted lettuce (romaine, iceberg, arugula) and a dipping sauce with lots of garlic, kikkoman soy sauce, pepper sauce and freshly ground black pepper. I dip a piece of the lettuce in the sauce (just barely!) and munch away! I can go thru a whole bowl (equivalent to a head of cabbage ;)) in 10-15 minutes. Even without the sauce I can eat the whole thing as it is. Man I love the taste, the freshness, and the crunchiness of the texture :D

ps. the sauce may be a bit too hot for others tastes....it's perfect for moi ;)

1.Carrots
2.Cliff bars (whoever mentioned these you're so fuckin right..the peanut butter ones bang)
3.unsalted cashews

---even though it has literally no nutritional value--JELLO!!!---It fills you up when you got the munchies and is like 10 calories a cup. Sometimes when I'm high I'll catch myself eating a 6 pack of sugar free jello