• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is your favorite drug to do by yourself?

What's your favo(u)rite substance when you're all alone?

• Marijuana & Hashish

Votes: 615 30.0%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 66 3.2%
  • Stimulants (coke, meth, and others)

Votes: 203 9.9%
  • Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Klonopin and others) & Barbiturates (Seconal, Nembutal and others)

Votes: 105 5.1%
  • Opiates (please specify below if heroin or other IV opiates)

Votes: 583 28.5%
  • Hallucinogens (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline and others)

Votes: 222 10.8%
  • Research Chemicals (specify which one below)

Votes: 19 0.9%
  • Dissociatives (Ketamine, DXM, and others, specify below)

Votes: 195 9.5%
  • Not mentioned. I'm posting it below.

Votes: 41 2.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I can't imagine doing LSD by myself. I haven't done any since 1975, but the acid we got back in 1970/71 was pretty heavy. The Microdots, Windowpane, Blotter, LSD-25 on the cubes...we used to trip every Friday night.
Nowadays, I toke by myself & really enjoy my own company. I like weed by myself or with others (unless they're still in that 'silly' stage...when laughing at everything/nothing). But at age 58, there isn't a lotta people in my neighborhood who smoke weed...so I get stoned alone.

^Tripping alone can be fun too, really. Very insightful. I like tripping with friends as much as I like tripping by myself. And I keep hearing the acid from the 70's was better but is that really the case? I mean it's all about the µg.. And I can still find microdots that contain 370µg LSD (Tested in a Dutch facility and by myself, so I kind of trust the results..)

Is it just that there were stronger tabs/dots/liquid in circulation back then (dose-wise), or is it something else?

/\/\/\/\ Not sure what the situation was, but it seemed to me that what we were tripping on in 1970/71, felt a lot heavier than what I was trying in 1974/75. I don't doubt that there's still good LSD around, but Owsley really set the standard back then. I did a hit of his Orange Barrel (some called it 'Sunshine') & the hallucinations were so intense, I didn't think I was coming back. 10-12 hrs of little geometric cubes with these little wings on them...floating by my head.
Then what I tried in the mid-70s was nothing like that kinda trip. Sure, I had hallucinations...but they were more of a background effect than being on another planet.8(

I think it's dose-related then. When I last did 800mics (2 dots) I could see tiny coloured cubes everywhere in the air, just floating. I could also see my hand glow like a bright light. The cubes I saw were tiny and didn't have wings :D but it's still a subjective experience ofcourse (I saw them as little colored pixels haha). If I were to up the dose the hallucinations would most certainly be even crazier.

At a 100-300mic dose I'll trip ofcourse, but the visual aspect is alot less pronounced at these doses. I'm guessing it's dose dependant. And hey, "sunshine acid", that reminds me of fear and loathing. =D

Benzodiazepines..namely xanax bars..I can enjoy the temporary memory erasing, euphoric, and sedating effects in my room and alone. That way I can enjoy the blissful drooling stupor they put me in without having to fret about feeling stupid around other people so i can enjoy my vegetative state in peace.

I think it's dose-related then. When I last did 800mics (2 dots) I could see tiny coloured cubes everywhere in the air, just floating. I could also see my hand glow like a bright light. The cubes I saw were tiny and didn't have wings :D but it's still a subjective experience ofcourse (I saw them as little colored pixels haha). If I were to up the dose the hallucinations would most certainly be even crazier.

At a 100-300mic dose I'll trip ofcourse, but the visual aspect is alot less pronounced at these doses. I'm guessing it's dose dependant. And hey, "sunshine acid", that reminds me of fear and loathing. =D

I imagine it just depends on the strength, as in anything else. Yeah, the 'Orange Barrel' we did in 1970 was right around that same era as HST's Fear & Loathing.:\

^Tripping alone can be fun too, really. Very insightful. I like tripping with friends as much as I like tripping by myself. And I keep hearing the acid from the 70's was better but is that really the case? I mean it's all about the µg.. And I can still find microdots that contain 370µg LSD (Tested in a Dutch facility and by myself, so I kind of trust the results..)

Is it just that there were stronger tabs/dots/liquid in circulation back then (dose-wise), or is it something else?

In typical blotter acid, the average µg count was around 300-400 back then, whereas now its around 50-200

oh, and it wasn't the 70's when this was happening, it was the 60's. The 70's didn't have that much acid, at least compared to the amount of acid there was in the 60's. With each year of the 70's the amount and quality got less and less.

Ah I see, makes sense. The highest µg I've found on blotter tabs was 250µg. :)

I'd say opiates (H) b/c its the most selfish drug in the world. H is like a private euphoria party in your brain that ONLY YOU are invited to... ever hang around a friend that is high on opiates while you are sober? you'll understand.

Stimulants.. (hooray for 12 hour self-indulgent masturbation sessions while plotting and scheming simultaneously.. real tweakers know what I mean, lol)

Close second being psychs.. for obvious reasons.

But I generally use all of my drugs alone.

2C-E alone is almost religious for me because of the introspective nature of the experience. Alone in a dark room is much better than at a party or with other people.

I actually really like doing psychedelics by myself. I get time to decompress without everyone "trying" to have "fun" and just do stuff for the sake of it.

Heroin snorted. Crack cocaine a second but way to edgy to be a first. Yeah this is a really old thread.

Old indeed. Heroin xanax weed and a TV lol. If I had to choose one tho I'd say heroin, such a great drug to do by yourself BC you're so content you don't need anything else at all. On the other hand harm reduction wise, its prob the worst drug to do alone since if something should happen like the batch is stronger than usual and you go out, there wouldn't be anyone there to call ems or give narcan.

I always high alone... no matter what the drug is... i just love it..

Same here, 'cept on occasion I like to go out really high, to the point where people can notice it a bit. It's kinda fun for me haha.