• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

I'm not sure where they got there's but I got off the DM so same country but that's about it. I suppose I can summarise by saying I don't know anyone from the UK who has got anything good for years, except for one time but I don't know where they got it from (and that is very 3rd hand information).

Acid has varied in strength but never omitted basic functionality associated with it.
I'm not in the UK but I would completely agree w/that assessment and I also don't know anyone currently in the UK who seems able to get domestic MDMA worth a fuck, save for a few rare cases here and there, it seems. And this makes me think it might get better soon-ish. Seems like a really big market and it's only a matter of time before some enterprising types with the right connections and inclination for civil disobedience take advantage of this opportunity, risky though it is in its criminal elements and potential for loss of liberty. It's just a matter of time before the land that gave us the Doncaster raves will be flush with high quality Mandy again…

I've had some amazing MDMA in the recent past so there are definitely good and bad batches still out there if you know where to look
Eggs smactly.

Personally I like to see what I'm buying, not to knock the markets on the net of the darq persuasion, which can be useful at times with certain things especially, but when it comes to this topic, I know the real deal Holyfield MDMA when I see it and especially when I taste it.

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? It's 98 to 99% likely BUNK, based on my last 20 years here in the United States buying and eating x pillz.

I feel sure that if and when one or more of one of the larger global crime family syndicates led by, say, Warren Buffett decided to, oh what the Hel, bring back the 134 mg MDMA.hcl aspirin sized Mitsubishi stamp on a world wide scale, WE WILL KNOW soon enough.

It's 98 to 99% likely BUNK,
Unlikely this is true... I mean, I guess it's possible I'm in some lucky 1 - 2% who get that 🔥 on the regular, but I doubt it. And yes, I'm talking about that 'Family Jewel Molecule' → aka 'Molecule', here referring to the extra methyl difference between MDA and MDMA → aka 'Molly'. That's where the name comes from, you know: 'Molly' is short for 'molecule'.

bring back the 134 mg MDMA.hcl aspirin sized Mitsubishi stamp
Oh man, bringing it BACK. God those were so fucking dank. Those Mitsubishis were a game-changer. Pressies pressed so tight they were hard as goddamn diamonds if you ever broke one up. And kinda on the heels of those were the white Omegas that were also show-stoppers. Back then I would flip those to the hippies, scoop up liquid acid from the hippies to sell to the ravers, and just take advantage of the arbitrage between those two markets while I bounced around from Phish shows to raves, Disco Biscuits, Moonshine Over America, DEMF, Medeski Martin & Wood, Ultra in Miami. Also back then there were red scorpions that were loaded with MDA and were fairly trippy on their own. Good times had by all.

Nostalgia tends to amplify my memory of these events though. If I'm really thinking back, it wasn't long after those Mitsubishi's spread that some dickhead put out a bunch of bunk Mitsubishis and you couldn't trust the stamp any longer. And I mean those were all the way bunk, nothing active to them whatsoever.

Meanwhile weekend before last I took 155 mg MDMA followed by a 70 mg booster at the 1.5-hr mark and I rolled my tits off. Eyes were like saucers, my jaw was trembling, semi-voluntary nystagmus made everything blur and bright lights slightly trailed. I was overcome with feelings of contentment in this world and a profound sense of anxiolysis washed over my mind while euphoric serontonin-drenched bolts of dopamine and adrenaline jittered and zapped through my body, torches lit behind my eyes, and I was hyper-aware of my own voice whenever I spoke. It's like I was doing a voiceover on the movie of my life whenever I spoke. Words felt significant until I would occasionally forget whatever point I was making halfway through it and wind up saying "pass" unless someone else could remember and put us back on track, which I was able to do several times for others, but not for myself. What was I just talking about? ☜ You know, that kinda shit.

I'll give you that it can be compelling to think in this manner, i.e.: 'MDMA ain't what it used to be!' but the science just doesn't line up. It's all just semantics at that point, because if that were true, then we would no longer be discussing the specific molecule of racemic 3,4-MDMA.HCl, but rather an entourage effect of actual 3,4-MDMA.HCl with several closely related impurities that vary from batch to batch. Or we're simply not discussing MDMA at all, but then that would require a huge law enforcement conspiracy to mislead the public into thinking LE were seizing MDMA tablets and powder on the streets, including falsifying lab reports, etc. and reporting fabricated evidence, and for what reason? What motive would they have to do this? Money, right?

Except, no. They'd never make it without someone blowing the whistle. There's always a snitch, always someone who wants to run their mouth and run tell all that to The Man. And no matter who someone is, there is someone who stands as The Man to them specifically, even The Man himself. Believe it.

Last edited:
I haven't found but 2 good X pills since 2003 out of literally scores and scores of FAKE rolls. So, yes, maybe I am unlucky. Or maybe you live somewhere like California.

The issue that I touched on is The Man told me he didn't like the same sex social interaction and mdma's long connections to gay America. So, they bulldozed the best gay club in Atlanta and started selling duds. That was 20 years ago. The same BUNK pills can still be found on the street, usually with professional, high quality press designs.

Law enforcement didn't axe xtc. The syndicate did.

Last edited:
I always thought massive majority of people don't look for MDMA or xtc, at least not like many other drugs, but just get it at parties, festival etc. And thought that's one of reasons, if not main, why xtc is still even a thing. Cuz MDMA is a drug that should be dosed mg per kg, according to sex, according to tolerance, according to combinations, according to set & settings, according to metabolism & enzymes etc. At least that's how it should be dosed by those looking for a FIRE experience.
Hell, you can have a lot better experience taking medium than massive or tiny dose of MDMA and it seems that xtc often tends to fall in almost bunk or too heavy unfortunately.

Is it just me, or does the data make it appear more prevalent in Europe? Of course, correlation doesn't imply causation… but still. Makes me wonder.

That's so vague though!
The testing center that tests for "Synthesis Byproducts" is located in Europe, to my understanding.

Lots of results on there are from before this was tested for, or tested at a location that doesn't test for this. Synthesis Byproducts is pretty vague, would love to know more what they mean, it could be a different thing(s) each time for all we know

Wtf look at that adulterated hash. D8 thcp 😐

And synthesis byproducts

Pretty much all ketamine thats tested on there comes up with a sizeable chunk as synthesis byproducts, and the %/ratio is given, usually 10-25%, and that doesn't come up on reagent testing. Makes me wonder if MDMA is often this much as its just not tested for.

As an aside, I'm now pretty sure that the effects of MDMA are impeded by a full stomach/digestive system. Just anecdotally I've experienced this, and also lot of other drugs that are taken orally are this way. For example, Kratom's effects are vastly diminished if taken with food or on a full stomach, I suspect this is so drastic because something to do with the larger total mass that the active ingredient is held within. But, I've experienced the same thing with MDMA and most other drugs to some extent.

Might be worth your while to try taking MDMA on a very empty stomach at least 4 hours after your last meal, maybe just with an orange or something. I know this already suggested in general, but might be worth pushing that a bit. I'd been reminiscing some rolls and the specific times I got the most blasted was at a festival when the last meal I had was like 5 hours ago.

As an aside, I'm now pretty sure that the effects of MDMA are impeded by a full stomach/digestive system.
That's one of countless things many people wont give much attention.
When I first did xtc, pill that was according to pill report 95 - 110mg iirc for sure wouldn't end up being fire if I didn't follow all the instructions suggested for having a great MDMA experience. If I had a decent meal and hour or so before that pill I'm sure it wouldn't be even as half as impressive experience.

Along with taking it on an empty stomach, eating a good nutritious breakfast and lunch, assuming you'll take it at night, is also of at least some importance. And there's enough such things that one can end up disregarding them and ending up with not so impressive experience even with best MDMA in the world.

How much MDMA is lost? If you washed say a 1/4 oz, how much MDMA would remain? Does it recrystalise/change colour etc? Any photos?
I've tried it with various colours of MDMA and only time I though how I wasted time and some stuff was when I did it with some brown sugar that was over 97%. Loss was miniscule in that case, more of a loss was that beautiful safrole smell was less present. I ended up with totally transparent xtals. Other times when I did it either with MDMA of unknown purity or stuff of lower purity, purifying 10g I've lost anywhere from 1 to 3.5g. But it was worth it every single time. With tested stuff I always purified anything that tested below 95%.
I recommend recrystallizing in water if you have patience. Long ago I was told it's best solvent for recrystallizing MDMA and since first time using it I never used ethanol or methanol again for that.
Sorry no pictures. But I should have documented it as it really is hell of a transformation. Appearance like and in effects. A friend who, it turned out, never had MDMA of exceptional quality tried what I would definitely call mehDMA, but after purifying it told me it felt to him like a new drug compared to all previous MDMA experiences. And he usually has access to stuff that's higher than average purity in my country. I think MDMA purity here is about as average as in rest of EU.

Mod edit: The old thread has gone over 250 pages a while ago, which is about the length we use as a soft limit for threads, which lessens the impact on our database. As such, this is the new iteration of the "What is wrong with the MDMA available today?" thread. The previous iteration of this thread can be found here

NOTE: A handy draft summary (work-in-progress) of some of the key content covered in this thread can be accessed ⫸HERE⫷

See the second post by indigoaura in this thread for a thorough explanation of the same concepts and an overview of relevant research and theories

Let me first give you a little background. I'm 51 years old and started doing ecstasy the last year it was legal in 1985. Needless to say the legal ecstasy from the so called "Dallas Group" was nothing short of spectacular. In 1988 I made a connection with someone from the San Francisco area who was in the production field of making MDMA. I have maintained that friendship and connection ever since with only small periods of downtime. The MDMA I get from him is an extremely fine bleach white crystalline powder that is fluffy and lays just like snow. The high from this MDMA takes about 10-15 minutes to take effect and the high is always the same. An extremely smooth come up followed by excessive love and empathy. You will literally melt into the person you're with and sex is out of this world. Touch and feel is heavenly. All you want to do is touch and feel on the person youre with and tell them how beautiful they are and how much you love them etc. There are massive eye wiggles and conversation flows like new born buddas. The come down is just as smooth as the come up. It drops you off just like a feather and sleep comes like a baby. The next day is nothing short of spectacular. You wake up feeling anti-depressed and chatty. You'll want to talk on the phone, visit friends or just drive around and enjoy the day with the top down. It's all I've ever known as an MDMA experience.

Now that brings me to modern day MDMA. There was a period back in the early 2000's when my connection was down and I scored pills from a local guy. They were great and with some very small exceptions, nearly as good as my crystalline powder. But once again I've been forced to score something locally and the stuff is just plain crap. And I mean crap. I've done both the orange Tesla's and the red Supremes. Absolutely awful, but from reading the trip reports on Pillreports, you would have thought they were the best ever. They're actually anything but. I had both of these pills tested on ecstasydata and both came back as pure MDMA.

Both of them took about 30-40 minutes to kick in and when they did, there was a slight feeling of euphoria and empathy that quickly faded and from there on out it was just a fucked up buzz. There were eye wiggles, but I wasn't feeling good when they were happening. I became extremely tired and kind of gacked out. The high from these pills seemed to last forever, maybe just because they sucked so much. I felt like a crackhead on the comedown and the next day felt like a bad MDA hangover. There was no next day afterglow at all. Just a different kind of fucked up than the night before. And that lasted the entire next day. There is a HUGE giveaway that youre doing todays crappy MDMA. Your pupils will not dialate all the way to the very edge like old school ecstasy. With old school ecstasy your pupils consume literally all of the color in your eye with only a microscopic sliver of color left around the outer edge. With modern day ecstasy your pupils will only dialate to slightly beyond normal if at all. Thats a big giveaway youre doing new school MDMA junk.

Before you jump to the assumption that this Le Junk guy is just old, hes done way to much ecstasy over the course of his lifetime and this is just a matter of tolerance, please re-read my post stating that I still have access to old school MDMA that Ive had since the 1980s. So in one hand I have modern day lab tested MDMA crap and in the other hand, old school MDMA heaven. So tolerance is out the window. Moving forward...

My question is this. Is this the best there is out there today? And since both pills tested on ecstasydata as pure MDMA, what is wrong with MDMA production nowdays? Does anyone else feel what I'm talking about here? My setting is pretty much always the same so that's not it. I always hear people talk about the setting as if that's an issue. With the crystalline powder, it doesn't matter where I am, it's always great. But with these Supremes and Teslas, it's just a sub-par, little euphoria, no real love or empathy, fucked up kinda buzz. Let me put it this way, if this was all that was available to me, I'd quit taking MDMA altogether. Terrible!
The ecstasy of old probably used a substance that is found only in the bark of some tree in a jungle somewhere in Asia.
Those trees are almost gone and the government of whatever hellhole it comes from cracked down and the trees were not replaced. They are probably trying to make similar chemicals but the real stuff is a thing of the past and now you have fake garbage