• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What Is Wrong With The LSD Available Today?

I've experienced it first hand.

What's your question? Help me answer your question because it is rather open ended. ;)

Last edited:
I don’t like that it’s not being decriminalized while mushrooms are.

I'd bet LSD is one of the last drugs to be decriminalized. Even though any one that's done a shred of research knows it's one of the safest "hard" drugs on the planet, the fact that there are tons of myths and urban legends about it is gonna hold it back in the public's eyes.

Hell, even Joe Rogan, who has been arguably the most famous ally of hallucinogenic substances, has said things that have painted LSD in a bad light. I don't have any specific examples, but i don't even think he's ever done it. The fact that it's made in a "lab" is a problem to him, I believe. Not that he doesn't probably believe it should be legal, but as glowing as he is about Mushrooms and DMT, he's sometimes moot or negative about LSD.

I think you might be mistaken about Rogan. He seems to prefer DMT and mushrooms but actually he took acid on one of the episodes.

joe rogan has only done acid less than five times in his life. Hes a terrible source or example of psychedelics he regularly pushs ayahusca onto people without ever doing it himself.

LSD has risks involved and when used to much will leave you feeling pretty disjointed from the real world. Physically its completely safe but every day around the world a few people taking LSD will have a psychotic break and have a trip to the hopstial.

LSD has good reason why their was alot of negative back lash agaisn't it the doses were way to powerful in the 60s 70s. A proper 100 ug dosed induces a moderate powerful trip and is more than enough for a first time user. The 300-500 ug doses of the 60s-70s sent alot of people into psychosis for their first time trips. LSD also spawned a few murder cults by nutcases like charles mason and communes where they abused kids by westerners believing they were the second coming of Christ after taking acid.

LSD is my favorite psychedelic but i also wouldn't go out and say it should be legalized. Most people just cant handle it. Too many people are already fucking nuts in this world. I believe proper screening and a medical use and a spiritual personal development center would be good.

I think you might be mistaken about Rogan. He seems to prefer DMT and mushrooms but actually he took acid on one of the episodes.

Yeah, I could be. But I do have a very strong memory of him saying acid wasn't his thing because it's not "natural" (even though it kind of is, right?). I don't listen to/watch Rogan even close to as much as I used to. Nothing against him, just don't. But like i said, I'm fairly positive that in several older episodes he wasn't the biggest proponent of the substance. I imagine his stance has changed.

joe rogan has only done acid less than five times in his life. Hes a terrible source or example of psychedelics he regularly pushs ayahusca onto people without ever doing it himself.

LSD has risks involved and when used to much will leave you feeling pretty disjointed from the real world. Physically its completely safe but every day around the world a few people taking LSD will have a psychotic break and have a trip to the hopstial.

LSD has good reason why their was alot of negative back lash agaisn't it the doses were way to powerful in the 60s 70s. A proper 100 ug dosed induces a moderate powerful trip and is more than enough for a first time user. The 300-500 ug doses of the 60s-70s sent alot of people into psychosis for their first time trips. LSD also spawned a few murder cults by nutcases like charles mason and communes where they abused kids by westerners believing they were the second coming of Christ after taking acid.

LSD is my favorite psychedelic but i also wouldn't go out and say it should be legalized. Most people just cant handle it. Too many people are already fucking nuts in this world. I believe proper screening and a medical use and a spiritual personal development center would be good.

I do and don't agree on the legalization. I don't agree because, well, I think drugs should be legal.

But I've always been the iffiest on trip material. People that are gonna do heroin are gonna do heroin. I don't think heroin being legal would change much. But man, seeing how much everyone abused salvia and stuff of that nature when you could just buy it everywhere, makes you think about psychs. The fact that people were telling others that it was just weed and unknowingly dosing people with a drug that has the capacity to get extremely scary and overwhelming? Insanity. It's the closest I think we've come to weed being legitimately laced in a roundabout way.

I do agree with you that the stigma around LSD vs mushrooms is silly. Even the name “Acid” is kind of scary sounding, which might contribute to the stigma.

I do agree with you that the stigma around LSD vs mushrooms is silly. Even the name “Acid” is kind of scary sounding, which might contribute to the stigma.

People still think acid gets lodged in your spine.
People still think people do acid and jump off things thinking they can fly.
People still think acid melts your brain or some shit. (My buddies sister works in the health field. When we told her we we're on acid, she got visibly worried because she legitimately thought this.)

Lots of older people hate acid because of hippies. They also hate it because they likely knew someone or were related to someone who got into acid when they were extremely young and it either did negatively effect their brain development or they associate is with that close someone to them getting into hard drugs.

As far as negative stigma goes, I would comfortably say LSD is in the top 5 of most maligned drugs. i'd probably say it goes..

1)Heroin/Fentanyl
2)Meth
3)PCP
4)Crack
5)LSD

To be fair one of my friends on a trip saw somebody jump to their death on nbomb. I have personally tried to jump through a window on 1000 ug the window was pretty thick and double glazed so quite strong lucky i didn't go through it else i would of died. About once a year just in this small country i seen at least one report of a teenager on a bad trip from taking mutiple tabs jumping off cliffs bridges or buildings.

People still assume the whole flashback brain melt myth though. Though from all my use i have strong hppd and heavy visuals along with anxiety and dissociation.

LSD used responsibility is very safe. LSD used recklessly put somebody through eternal hell in their mind.

I think proper information needs to be given out about LSD and its effects. in the highschool of the 90s we where told just a drop of LSD would kill you make you talk to the grass and see elephants floating through the air. At 14 years of age i thought this sounded fucking amazing and was pretty sure it wouldn't kill you. I wanted to talk to the grass and see crazy shit haha. They also told us weed would do all sorts of shit but i was already smoking weed so i knew they were telling lies on all the drugs.

LSD is a gift to human kind to turn us into something greater but with all things overuse will have some side effects.

I think teens before they think of doing LSD should at least wait til their early 20's and read many books written over the decades to truly understand what is going on so they don't end up in existential crisis after reality is rearranged before their eyes.

Hello Everyone, I'm new and I think to know that the LSD blotters were sold on the Los Angeles Beach area in little Woodhouse, just like a Pizza Hut, or caravan, nowadays, and even Jim Morrison has for habits, to buy them by full plastic bags, and was taken them sometimes by dozens, he was not afraid and had explained that he often met demons, I mean, ? Evil creatures on his walk along the beach, where he'd written some of his best and first new songs, under the LSD influence!!!
A GREAT MAN WAS MORRISON, THIS IS MY FAVORITE AMERICAN MUSIC SINGER AND POET WITH, SOMETHING TO KNOW, HE'D 148 OF IQ LEVEL, WHEN THE AVERAGE PERSON, AND I'M SPEAKING ABOUT GRADUATING PEOPLE, AND THEIR IQ IS BETWEEN 70 AND 90 EVEN FOR GREAT SCIENTISTS, WITH EXCEPTIONS, THOUGH, THAT'S EVIDENT, BUT Albert EINSTEIN HAS AN IQ OF 160,AND 130 IS SAID TO BE THE GENUINE IQ BEGINNING!!!
God, what a man, I'm a fan, and his peyote trips are now known to be that foolish and enlighten by his brain, no doubt about that!!!

"No one here, gets out alive..." said the song... That true, but no need to be a genius to write those lines!!!
I've been awared that in the US, you'd powdered LSD....!!?
On REDDIT some members was in a full exchange of words and thought, when one of them said that he'd had taken 2 grams of LSD, and I came into the thread, to asked them if they'd powdered LSD, cause I'm issued from the techno scene, and I've well known LSD bottles and their so famous drops, and I said, but do you really think that you've taken two full LSD grams... and they've been so rude with me, because I told them, that their LSD intake was far from two real LSD grams, and they even didn't answer, but laughed in their pants like foolish young teens, I've been shocked by such a superiority complex as we say in psychology, and they even didn't remarked that I was right, and in any case they'd taken two real Full LSD grams!!!

PATHETIC MOMENT THOUGH!!!

I've experienced it first hand.

What's your question? Help me answer your question because it is rather open ended. ;)
How can LSD tap You into consciousness?

Telepathy and consciousness and very similar and how LSD can relate.

I don’t like that it’s not being decriminalized while mushrooms are.

Well at least it's a step that any psychedelic at all has been decriminalized anywhere. A really big step. In the USA, anyway, psychedelics are becoming legitimized and socially accepted finally, weed becoming mainstream and totally accepted and soon to be federally legal (I'm quite sure of it at this point) really set a benchmark. Research has been unfrozen. DMAM is almost done with clinical trials and will soon be used in therapy again, and psilocybin and LSD are being studied for their value in therapy as well. I think psychedelics will be removed from schedule 1 and no longer thought of as "hard drugs", like marijuana, before all too long.

I'd bet LSD is one of the last drugs to be decriminalized. Even though any one that's done a shred of research knows it's one of the safest "hard" drugs on the planet, the fact that there are tons of myths and urban legends about it is gonna hold it back in the public's eyes.

Professionals in silicon valley are openly talking about microdosing LSD at work for creativity. Johns Hopkins has been doing legally allowed research on LSD for the past 15 years, quietly, until recently they can be more open about it since now there is a lot of research on it again. I do think LSD will face more challenges in being socially accepted compared to mushrooms/ayahuasca/other plants, bu the situation is not so dire, I don't think. At least not in the US, I don't know where you live and how it is there.

Well at least it's a step that any psychedelic at all has been decriminalized anywhere. A really big step. In the USA, anyway, psychedelics are becoming legitimized and socially accepted finally, weed becoming mainstream and totally accepted and soon to be federally legal (I'm quite sure of it at this point) really set a benchmark. Research has been unfrozen. DMAM is almost done with clinical trials and will soon be used in therapy again, and psilocybin and LSD are being studied for their value in therapy as well. I think psychedelics will be removed from schedule 1 and no longer thought of as "hard drugs", like marijuana, before all too long.

Professionals in silicon valley are openly talking about microdosing LSD at work for creativity. Johns Hopkins has been doing legally allowed research on LSD for the past 15 years, quietly, until recently they can be more open about it since now there is a lot of research on it again. I do think LSD will face more challenges in being socially accepted compared to mushrooms/ayahuasca/other plants, bu the situation is not so dire, I don't think. At least not in the US, I don't know where you live and how it is there.
In New zealand a university professor is going to conduct LSD microdosing studies on 40 young males next year if its approved by our ministry of health the media gave him alot of coverage here and allowed the experts to speak about the benefits.

Nothing is wrong with the LSD available Today... Unless You get bitter, fake test chemicals that don't connect You to Your higher self.

I live in the US. And you might very well be right. But i don't know. I would not be shocked at all if mushrooms and all the other "natural" psychs end up being legal well before acid ever gets it's chance.

As far as negative stigma goes, I would comfortably say LSD is in the top 5 of most maligned drugs. i'd probably say it goes..

1)Heroin/Fentanyl
2)Meth
3)PCP
4)Crack
5)LSD
What about Ketamine, MDA/MDMA, and Lean purple drank?

What about Ketamine, MDA/MDMA, and Lean purple drank?

Most people don't even know what Ket is. MDMA has a pretty good rep. You're either too out of the loop to know what it is, or you think it's the drug that makes people like bad music and hug each other. Lean is an opiate, so like most opiates, it's got a bad rep. But like ket, most older people don't even know what it is.