• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Clonazepam eliminates RLS, Anxiety, and Insomnia for me. It's probably the best benzo for opioid withdrawal imo.

Duly noted Evo. I am attempting to make sure I do not run out of my script, sick of having to plug the gap each month. It’s so hard as you know. I look at my meds after going to the pharmacy, and think I have plenty no problem. Then it’s like an illusion how they disappear so quickly ????????

Does anybody know how to get high on suboxone with a tolerance? Or something I can take to cancel out the naloxone?

Mate I can only pull out the information as best I can from your personal story, you should be a playwright ????.

I agree though Hydro withdrawal was a fucking nightmare. This may sound like I’m a pussy but worst mental anguish I have ever had was Phenibut withdrawal. Can’t even describe the ideology that puts in your cerebral capacity.

Wouldn’t it be much easier if every opiate/opioid has exactly the same withdrawal effects. We could help each other equally then!!

Heh heh Long
Has anyone else more than halved there bupe dose with little to no ill effect,, I went from 14 mg to 6 to 4 over 4 days on the 4th day now feel fine pretty surprised! But all good, I've been paying a lot of attention to existential philosophy and the better known psychologists. Been on it for 6/7 months moved over from 30 methadone
I took a fair bit ketamine on the Friday I smoke weed no tobacco most nights don't smoke tobacco at all makes a big difference to your overall well being. Anyway the ket really lifted my mood broke me out of the opioid depression, beautiful colours watched the sun set walked about the beach. Put me in an appreciative state of the non opiod state, so just took a 2mg when I felt w/d coming and yep that was sat and it's tue eve only had 2*2 today and feel great see if I can drop another tomorrow if I'm at 4mg for a while I don't mind that's a massive drop! Just thought I'd share, see if anyone else had a similar experience.
Thanks

I think the gold standard for narcotic tapers is 20 per cent every two or three days, isn't it?

More like 20% once a week. An Opioid taper is similar to a Benzo taper.
That would be a lot more comfortable and less risky; I wonder if the people who wrote those medical textbooks ever had any personal experience. Maybe it should be required for those who make policies about this kind of thing. Say that before licensure they need a note from a doctor this is what happened -- keep shooting them up for a long while then cut them off or give them a Narcan liquid pinwheel projectile vomit session.

Does anybody know how to get high on suboxone with a tolerance? Or something I can take to cancel out the naloxone?

If I am not mistaken, Suboxone has naloxone in it for the same reason that they add it to some brands of pentazocine and tilidate tablets, so that people will not grind them up and shoot them, as the stomach does not absorb very much of the naloxone at all, and it also doesn't pass all that more efficiently through the membranes in the sublingual area.

Last edited:
Ahh man, I would say the restless legs, and the constant liquid shitting. And the amplified social anxiety, oh god

Alcohol is by far the worst WD IME, but that's not a narcotic so I'm going with methadone. I cold turkey'd off 60mg/day. I had minimal withdrawal effects for a while (7-10 days) and then I went into hardcore opiate withdrawal that lasted for 10 fucking WEEKS.

It’s all a hellish nightmare but Anxiety for me. Sometimes it’s worse than others.
Everyone always says opiated withdrawl is like having the flu x 100 but also fail to mention coupled with the feeling of your worst acid trip multipled by 1000.

As an above poster mentioned.... the sneezing a million times in a row.... I hate that shit, especially if it’s early in the morning on your way to cop and your in public.... everyone and anyone who knows.... knows that sneezing repetition. I’ve actually helped someone out once before by recognizing that sneeze.

Oh but besides just saying “anxiety” I will say that the one thing I CANNOT take is smells.... the smell of everything is awful. The smell of chemicals, the smells of the ashtray 5 rooms away- and just that lingering smell that only you can smell, which after doing much research about.... have realized it’s not real.

Duly noted Evo. I am attempting to make sure I do not run out of my script, sick of having to plug the gap each month. It’s so hard as you know. I look at my meds after going to the pharmacy, and think I have plenty no problem. Then it’s like an illusion how they disappear so quickly ????????

Amen Brother, can I ever relate to that one. My wife used to dole out my meds nightly, so everything would work out but eventually she got fed up doing it and just gave everything back to me. It was a sad day indeed. Good luck!

Now that I think of it, the feverishness is the one thing that could get me out the door looking for a retailer in recreational pharmaceuticals during a narcotic taper, and swearing a blue streak at the same time* It can drive me batty, and conversely there is a narcotic chill including having a cold tip of the nose which I love because it marks the border of the come-up and the hours of sustained euphoria, and for some reason, hydrocodone refrigerates me best of all. When the skin on my abdomen feels like it is about 10°C to the touch, I am in much better shape than earlier. I may be more sensitive to the whole thing as my normal basal body temperature as taken sublingually is 36.5°C, so any given fever is actually a half degree worse than it may look at first glance.

---
* Search for "pain and swearing" . . . there are studies that swearing does indeed reduce pain. In my case, it would be because I was angry about being tapered down. On the other hand, I think crying and screaming is less effective than swearing, the initial acetylcholine rush notwithstanding. I would think that it pumps cortisol into the system with mixed results.

Anxiety and depression for sure. I can deal with the physical symptoms in fact even coming off oxy I just felt like I had a mild cold. But the shit that goes on in my head is what really really gets to me and is why I taper even if I've just been on a little codeine/DHC binge for a month. I'll still taper because as mild as it is, I am already depressed and anxious, I don't need more of it.

When I came off pregabalin I did clonazolam (yes the stupid potent RC) every night before bed because it's the only thing that made me sleep. Also helped with the rebound anxiety and mood for most of the day too which was nice.

When I came off oxy I turned more to codeine and kratom with some lope for the shits. Occasional bit of pregabalin and of course benzos too, personally I found alprazolam and diazepam to be best for the job. Very effective comfort meds.

That would be a lot more comfortable and less risky; I wonder if the people who wrote those medical textbooks ever had any personal experience. Maybe it should be required for those who make policies about this kind of thing. Say that before licensure they need a note from a doctor this is what happened -- keep shooting them up for a long while then cut them off or give them a Narcan liquid pinwheel projectile vomit session.

Heh I've said something similar to this for a while, that when docs hand out psychoactive meds they should try them first so they know what they're giving out to their patients.

Hey Wilson, I would give more credit to lope than “the shits” remember no different peripherally than any opioid. In fact I have seen studies where it matches Palladone SR (outside the bbb) no joke.

For me the “every limb restless syndrome is a torture all in its own” Had it for two days till this lunch time. Will I learn? I will try but it never keeps me in the black so to speak ????

Hey Wilson, I would give more credit to lope than “the shits” remember no different peripherally than any opioid. In fact I have seen studies where it matches Palladone SR (outside the bbb) no joke.

For me the “every limb restless syndrome is a torture all in its own” Had it for two days till this lunch time. Will I learn? I will try but it never keeps me in the black so to speak ????

You know what mate you're right, lope eases up far more withdrawal symptoms than only diarrhoea. Helps a lot of the physical symptoms too. Then kratom helps the mental side.

Just a shame most pharmacies don't stock generic lope so you gotta pay a premium for a small box of Imodium.

You know what mate you're right, lope eases up far more withdrawal symptoms than only diarrhoea. Helps a lot of the physical symptoms too. Then kratom helps the mental side.

Just a shame most pharmacies don't stock generic lope so you gotta pay a premium for a small box of Imodium.

But in the United States at least, they jacked up the price of loperamide and menaced manufacturers into only making 24-count boxes of the stuff as opposed to the old 200, 300, 360, 500-count bottles. The Rehab Indu$try cracked the whip and Amazon, Wal-Mart and others jumped -- it was the same people as the kratom-banning gang.

I have written about this elsewhere on Bluelight, but it bears repeating -- it does not take a massive amount, even with a high tolerance as it is chemically dissimilar from most narcotics apart from partial resemblances to piritramide, alphaprodine, pethidine, and normethadone. If you go further to try to get euphoria, there is an extreme risk of cardiotoxicity like that of racaemic methadone x 50 and moderate neurotoxicity similar to that of pethidine.

It's usually in boxes of six or twelve in the UK. To get a larger amount I think it has to be prescribed.

Never tried Kratom heard it mentioned a lot over the years. When I was studying pharmacology, my endogenous/exogenous pain mechanisms, and drugs researched info sheet given, showed Loperamide equal to hydromorphone on all non central nervous system receptor agonist affinity. I kid you not.

Wilson, R.......... (not sure if sourcing for harm reduction) pharmacy if you have em does boxes of 30 or independent pharmacies usually have Actavis or others at 30 count you can buy on request ?