• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
When I'm withdrawing cold turkey (only ct - this doesn't happen if I have bupe) I get depressed as fuck and start thinking about exes mostly, people I didn't deal with right, failed relationships, what a piece of shit I am, etc. Mostly emotional baggage coming to the surface.

Interesting topic, but not suitable for OD so I'm going to move it to DC.

Anyway, for me, opiate withdrawal makes me incredibly emotional and like the above poster said, I have weird sensations of impending doom. Everything becomes disgusting smelling, looking, and feeling. When I was living on the streets it was incredibly horrible, because the reality of my use would come crashing down on me, and it would be almost unbearable. I remember one time my girlfriend and I kept having trouble getting fly spots (panhandling spots by off ramps/on mediums in case you don't know), and it took us all day to make just $20 (which was enough for like, half a shot), and when we finally got the money together the dealer had us meet in the parking lot of taco bell. Of course, he was super late, and by the time he got there, there were about 50 junkies just hanging out, but my friend offered me some weed to help with my withdrawals because my eyes and nose was running so bad. I took him up on it even though weed makes me paranoid, because I thought that I couldn't feel any worse then I already did. Well boy was I wrong. To make matters worse, immediately after doing my pathetic dime bag shot, I decided it would be a great idea to take a hit of crack. Afterwards I literally felt like I was in hell, I ran back to my little tent and just laid there in agony until I again became so dope sick I couldn't stand it and went to panhandle again.

Amazingly written. Literally felt your pain jumping off the page. Thats rough man.... Difficult story to read.

I'm talking about strictly the physical and mental aspects of the two. Not in general since obviously alcohol wd can kill in the worst case and opiate wd can't. So opinions anyone? If you have experienced one or both of them even better. I love all drugs and personally never been physically addicted to anything but would imagine alcohol wd to be a little worse just judging by how I feel after a drinking binge. The anxiety is insane.

Neither are fun and anxiety come with both. In fact there are many shared symptoms nausea, vomiting, weakness, shaking, sweating, paranoia even. For me opioid withdrawal was worst because it lasted longer and the depression was worse but I can say that years happened between my alcohol withdrawals and drug withdrawals so there's a possibility my body was just worn out more and that's why it was worse.

Alcohol, hands down. Hallucinations, delirium, can't sleep. Hell, you can die from alcohol withdrawal.

For the record: I've gone through quite hardcore alcohol withdrawal, was absolutely incoherent for days. Haven't had that much opioid WD, just some mild codeine WD, but still.

At least with alcohol wd u can just have a few drinks or a dose of klonopin and POOF! No more wd, There is no escape from a serious opiate habit ime. Also, opiate wd has killed people from dehydration. Happens in jail situations.

^ that's really not true. Benzos only help in very high doses, and as for the alcohol, well taking a shot of H will help with the WD as well, won't it? SMH.

At least with alcohol wd u can just have a few drinks or a dose of klonopin and POOF! No more wd, There is no escape from a serious opiate habit ime. Also, opiate wd has killed people from dehydration. Happens in jail situations.

Yeah cuz you totally can't just take a suboxone or do a shot of Heroin and POOF it's all gone, right?

Are you saying this because alcohol is legal everywhere, & sociably acceptable?

^ that's really not true. Benzos only help in very high doses, and as for the alcohol, well taking a shot of H will help with the WD as well, won't it? SMH.

would a shot of heroin eliminate withdrawal in an alcoholic?i imagine it would come close lol

Yeah cuz you totally can't just take a suboxone or do a shot of Heroin and POOF it's all gone, right?
You're right!

Are you saying this because alcohol is legal everywhere, & sociably acceptable?
I think I was not thinking about my response for very long before posting. That's how I have almost 1,200 posts,lol. My ADD rabbit brain.

They both have their points where one isnt as bad as the other. Overall in a long term addiction they are both really shitty and somewhat similar, however opiates never caused me a seizure like alcohol did. One thing i noticed is for me alcohol took a bit longer to develop a physical addiction to while opiate addiction happened a bit sooner. Thats just me though. In the end both of them are awful and im glad ive never had to deal with both at the same time

Alcohol, hands down. Hallucinations, delirium, can't sleep. Hell, you can die from alcohol withdrawal.

This exactly. Opiate w/d is no picnic either if you have a big habit, pissing out your ass while you throw up on the floor in front of the toilet while shivering and sweating really sucks, but it's just like really sick for a few days, it is manageable. And with a smaller habit, ope w/d is a fucking walk in the park compared to alcohol or benzo addiction. What's a minor w/d like- runny nose, achy back, shivering, fuck I feel like that every fall when I catch a cold. You can still make it to work in that condition and play it off easy.

Alcohol w/d is some serious shit. You have a lot of the same symptoms as with opes, but some much more dangerous ones too. It really shuts you down. The DTs and big seizure risk are not things to fuck around with. Just like a bad benzo addiction (benzos and alcohol do act upon most of the same receptors afterall) it can straight up kill you to go cold turkey, I know of at least 2 different guys who died of heart attacks after quitting drinking cold turkey, I know a dude who crashed his truck and ended up in the hospital from having a seizure while driving.
And for whoever said that the dehydration from ope w/d can kill you, while that is true, you're no more likely to die that way than you are from having a really bad stomach bug with vomiting and diarrhea and getting dehydrated that way.

I see alot of people commenting about alcohol wd and talking about its worse since you could die or have a bad seizure, but that's not what I was asking. I made that clear in my original post. I'm talking about just the general feelings each wd would produce opiate vs alcohol