• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Not sleeping for 5 nights. Restless body syndrome for a week. Not enough energy to walk around the block for 2 weeks. Keeping it secret from gf who sleeps in the small same bed.

Cold sweats, diarrhea, cramps, restlessness, it all starts with yawning, watery eyes, and apathy.
Emotionally you can experience anxiety, fearful feelings, nervousness, lethargy. As if your life went to black and white and lost its gracious.

On the other hand you'll recover your freedom!! :)

The depretsels. everything else is bearable but the depretsels and the guilt and shame and patheticness aka the emo stuff. the physical stuff i can take cos im a real mans man - ALPHA DOG!

Hands down, it's the horrendous anxiety. When I can SLEEP, I have nightmares. I have preexisting GAD and panic disorders anyway though.

I definitely agree that Benzo, Alcohol, and Barbituates WD are more dangerous than Opiate WD.

But IMO, Opiate WD is FAR more painful.

But in conclusion, WD from any drug sucks!

Ugh heroin and methadone.. Heroin is more intense but is over after 4-5 days. Methadone on the other hand... Expect to be in moderate to severe withdrawal for weeks, then mental for at least six months with PAWS. Actually, I'd rather detox from heroin than go through methadone wd again. I feel sick just thinking about it.

I've experienced many withdrawals in my life and have to say that benzo withdrawal was hands down the worst. The withdrawal was literally bad enough to keep me from ever taking them again, and I registered with the medic alert database that I am allergic to them to ensure I never get one in case of an accident. I been through several inpatient and outpatient programs, and frequently relapsed on alcohol and other stuff but would literally rather be set on fire than mess with benzos again. I swear benzos rendered me stupid and with anxiety levels I didn't think were possible in life. I've been off benzos for six years and I'm still not back to baseline.

alcohol was a lot harder for me than dope or benzos, but it was also the one thing i had the most attachment and investment to.

id rather kick off dope than go through the dts again.

Thanks j0nj0n. I kind of figured that it would be a tie between meth or heroin, but I hope you are now clean from it or using responsibly.

Aiko-Aiko

Meth has no unpleasant physical withdrawals, you just feel tired or hungry and giving into both situations is pleasant.

The listlessness and depression of PAWS is pretty brutal, and lasts so much longer than the 5-7 days of acute withdrawal. I'd guess that it's a major factor in driving most people back to the opies after quitting less than a month ago.

I know this isn't technically "dopesickness," but it's related.

the listlessness and depression of paws is pretty brutal, and lasts so much longer than the 5-7 days of acute withdrawal. I'd guess that it's a major factor in driving most people back to the opies after quitting less than a month ago.

I know this isn't technically "dopesickness," but it's related.

qft 8(

The synthetic opioids for sure... try going cold turkey off a 3 year 40mg a day fentanyl habit or even a 5 mg a day Bromadol habit. Suicide crosses your mind, but luckily you're too incapacitated to figure out how to off yourself. It's a a whole different level of pain and discomfort, specially when your chest burns and you're so weak and tired you can barely keep your eyes open, or your head up, but the restlessness from the akithisia/RLS is so intense you have to shake every 5 seconds to get it to go away temporarily...

I've read of a few clandestine chemists who got addicted to their own synthetic product, their tolerances became insane, and then committed suicide because they were trapped. The withdrawal was too much. I think it takes the cake...

That being said, in normal everyday addictions, Benzos are probably the worst. I came off 20 mg clonopin, couldn't sleep for a week straight, Not one minute. That sucked.. luckily i didn't seize tho! yay! weirdness lingered for about a year, but it was meh...

The high dosage Fent withdrawal is just so traumatizing. Knowing that type of pain exist in the world changes you. It's like a deep soul crushing pain with torture sprinkled on top, for the total destruction of your mind and soul. Once I got through the acute withdrawal, I felt like I'd survived a concentration camp. not a bite of food for 2 weeks, 4 nights without sleeping a second, followed by an average of 2 hours of sleep for a couple weeks. My hands/body shook for a month afterwards. Wow, I'm physically getting sick thinking about it.

Heroin and Methadone WD are both to me impossible to do cold turkey.
I literally can't stand ONE minute when those WD peak at there best.

Heroin WD is INTENSE as fuck and SO PAINFUL.
Methadone WD is a TINY BIT less intense than Heroin WD, BUT it's just as painful and lasts WAY longer.

I honestly can't choose which one I'd rather go through, because I can't handle any of them.

1) benzos.
Mental and physical torture. Gave me seizures, and made me mad suicidal (was never like this before).
2) methadone & subutex for the horrendously long duration
3) heroin.

I'll have to say Benzos were my worst WD. physically and mentally. I had like 2 seizures the whole time, and you know when they're coming like you feel it. plus I was shaking and I couldn't sleep. plus my brain was like foggy the whole time. meaning I couldn't think straight or right. I've only snorted heroin once and smoked crack once and don't remember feeling any WD. Not my proudest moments.

I don't like this poll. You list several different kinds of pain pills... But lump every benzo into the same category. This leads to a higher vote count for benzos, which at first glance gives it sort of an edge as the worst w/d. I've had withdrawl from dilaudid at one point in my life, and methadone at another point and Oxycodone at a further point. I can tell you that the only MAJOR difference between the three in withdrawal phase is the duration. Oxy and dilau, it's hard to say which one took longer to come off of, I wasn't keeping track.. It wasn't a perceptibly different amount of time though. Methadone (the most sinister drug on the planet, imo) took about 1/3 of a year for me to feel 'normal'. The symptoms were just as bad as oxy and d w/d with twice the duration. No difference in how much I suffered moment to moment. Now I have no experience with benzo withdrawl, but I know people who do. 2 people to be exact, and both said opiate withdrawal was worse. my point is... This poll is a little too specific about opiates, and too general about the benzos. Note: I'm not saying ones worse than the other, I don't mean to belittle the accomplishments of those of you who have kicked benzos, I'm sure it was incredibly difficult. Also! The reason methadone/sub Is something I consider might have spawned from satan's asshole is because of the duration of withdrawal, not how bad it feels. It's so hard to quit a drug that clings on to you that long because hey.. You have to work, you have to feed yourself, and how does one do that when they feel like they have a fever for weeks on end.
edit: I've been reading this thread a little more and from what I can gather, benzos seem to mess with people in the head more while opiates are more of a physically uncomfortable thing. I guess it all has to do with your perception of things. Still though, I think the duration aspect of it is key, so methadone still takes the cake for me. The more time you spend feeling like shit, the more likely you are to say, "screw it, let's get high"

Last edited:
Out of everything I've had to withdrawal from, benzos are hands down the worst. Specifically xanax. Both times that I have had to withdrawal from benzos I had seizures. The first time I had withdrawals I had been taking 10-20mg xanax daily for 6months along with 16mg of suboxone for 2 years. The anxiety was worse than I have ever had. Couldn't sleep and when I did I would be delerious all night. I would twitch constantly or my legs and arms would be convulsing. The anxiety and muscle twitches were terrible from the Xanax and the aches and pains / diahreah from the Suboxone was awful. The anxiety though is what drove me off the wall. The anxiety from withdrawaling from both at the same time was debilitating. The worst part was that they lasted for 3 weeks after my last dose especially due to the long half life of subs. Luckily I didnt have much nausea or stomach aches so I know I lucked out there.

Definitely Benzos (klonopin). This is the best and worst drug I've come across. The good thing is that it helps me with social anxiety. I can go anywhere and talk to anyone while on this drug for 8 to 10 hours. There is a tolerance to this drug. The worst part is coming off of it. I felt like I was walking through hell for about 6 months. It made me appear angry in front of friends and they would see my face being angry at them. But I'm not really mad or angry at them.

It'll happen when you run out or your doc gets weird or whatever. Opiate withdrawal sucks ass. I'v been through it plenty of times. But if i had to choose between the two, I kinda think I'd go for the opiate withdrawal.