• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

What is the recreational mechanism of brivaracetam?

Oh yeah, modafinil definitely does have its other effects, such as on histamine and orexin.

You can definitely feel the nicotinic antagonism at that dosage. I get mild - and weird - CEVs from the bupropion. But it's NOTHING to the extent that you would get from a hallucinogen or anything.

I would agree the bupropion is not reinforcing like the dextroamphetamine is, as the nAChR antagonism is antiaddicting. The stimulation feels very similar, though. The anticholinergic effects of the bupropion cause brain fog like all hell, though, so that is very different than the dextroamphetamine.

You can't smoke on the bupropion like you can with the dextroamphetamine...

Um... I would say the bupropion tends to lean a little more on the physically stimulating side than the dextroamphetamine, but this is probably due to hydroxybupropion's weak NDRI activity as well as the inhibitory activity of the anticholinergic activity.

EDIT: from my experience, however, using up to 150mg of bupropion intransally, it DOES reliably produce reinforcing effects, increased sexual drive, watery eyes, increased pulse rate, euphoria, slight paranoia sometimes (after consecutive dosages)

Last edited: