• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the most profouond revelation you've had on DMT or other psychedelics?

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
Hi all, I have always been very interested in the effects of psychedelics and have experimented quite a bit. My favorite by far have been LSD and ketamine, but I am especially curious about DMT because it appears to have the most substantial effects. Despite this, on every occasion that I've smoked DMT I've failed to "break through" despite trying various methods. I've smoked it out of a freebase pipe, sandwiched it in between weed in a bowl, and smoked changa. Even then nothing seemed to work.

Anyway, I kind of think of DMT as the godmother of psychedelics despite never experiencing significant effects from it. I am curious to see what others have taken from it throughout their experiences.
Psychedelics in general have always taught me how puny the human ego is, how your perception is reality, and how the sense of "I" is an illusion in the context of the universe. It led me to believe that the purpose of the universe is to become fully conscious of its own existence, which is an ever evolving process. I learned a lot about duality, and how their cannot be simplicity without complexity and vice versa.

I feel as if I have some interesting theories but nothing I haven't really heard before. I have always sought that "next level" intellectual enlightenment from DMT which I've never seemed to be able to achieve for whatever reason. What I am curious to know in this thread is what profound psychological insights you've taken away from DMT or other psychedelics. The reason I mention DMT first in the thread is because it seems to affect the people the most significantly. I know lots of people have talked about this on similar threads; I just want to condense as much intriguing information as I can in one conversation.

Any insight is appreciated.
Happy tripping

The biggest revelation for me is that there are no revelations except those that you believe to be revelations. We all have a veil before us and what is revealed to us is only what we need or want to be shown.

Great response, I guess I'm not sure that "revelation" is the right word, but rather general subjective insights that one has gained through these experiences.

The biggest revelation for me is that there are no revelations except those that you believe to be revelations. We all have a veil before us and what is revealed to us is only what we need or want to be shown.

This. For me it was how little things matter or their ability to hve gigantic impacts.

I dont think i could put it down to my one most profound thing.
But a really huge one was for me, like the guy above^ was realising how even the smallest things can have huge impacts.

Idk you sorta get to a point where you have had so many insights some get lost and others become "upgraded" or no longer relevant. Its hard to put it down to "this right here is my most profound moment tripping".

But yea nah cool topic its got me thinking about good times.

Commong from a brainwashed christian religious baclground, in order of psych/empath experiences.

Holy fuck there is a God I just felt the most awesome Love and was that some moses and the burning bish shit?

Whats this warm feeling at the base of my spine. Wow it sure feels pleasurable as it runs up mu spine. Its starting to fill my whole body. Filling my head and now I am orgasming light and seeing visions that show me, wow I am nt crazy, I dont need a depressive/disorder diagnosise/label. This world is run fucked up and how I feel is good and pure for me. Hold onto that and dont do what I am exected by society to do.

Oh hey, there is that energy rising from my spine and filling mu body. Oh hey awesome love that loves me, mmmm bliss.

Holy fuck shat are these colorful rotating wheela making a whirring/helicopter noise a few inches in front of my body. The bottm is red, then orange, then yellow.... Weird. Wow. Is that a secondary body pulled from mine and displayed all teanslucent and astral looking for me to view. Wtf is going on. Oh ots a test, time to do some crazy shit and end up in the hospital.

Wait, people actually showed up when I asked to meet the people watchijg out for me in life. Weird shit is goijg on I need a bunch of etizolam. Lay down and transotion into lucid dream with some bullshit about a council and running with my forever homeboys on some save the universe missions. Except I need to go back to Earth now and live my life for some reason.

What is this unforgivong blackness of nothing. Who am I. What is I. Why cant I move. Where aould I move to. I am so alone. This is so terrible. Will it end, will ot end... Will it end... Will it end.... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this sucks.

And various other things all in between.

It'll end don't worry about it to much,been there many a time! Stay safe brother!<3

I suppose for me the biggest internal conflict that I had was at a music festival while I was addicted to heroin. I could basically see my life falling away, my interests and passions all fading away if i chose to continue using. I saw my original path as a way to leave a significant mark on the universe or the population but if i continued to live day to day for dope i would have a tale of how i could have been great... it took 2 years after that point for me to finally remove myself from heroin but it was that night that i basically decided someday i would spend 2 weeks in hell if i had to over a life time of regret, it was just a matter of it solidifying into reality.

My most profound realization has been that I'm actually quite attractive (however arrogant that may sound)

"God is love.
We are love.
We are God."

Aside from this, psychedelics have mostly reinforced my existing beliefs instead of challenging them. Either I'm on the right track or I'm an arrogant bastard.

Seems like a decent amount of people's revelations are mildly arrogant in nature. Mines about how I could be great if I stopped doing dope (and I have and thus am) ones about how he began perceiving himself as attractive, yours being that to exist is to be God...

I always get a confidence boost from tripping where I feel like the greatness that is me is amplified so of course anything I learn from my experiences is due to that confidence boost i.e. "if we stop doing dope we will be great because we are awesome on dope already" sure I can fall into introspective hell but more often then not it will represent itself as "we could be great if we made these changes, better then we already are and perhaps the world will take notice."

But I already have outward arrogance (which I've earned in a sense) which clashes with my inward self doubt (which has always been me "always failing until I succeed and realize I wasn't") so any self thoughts while tripping usually are how awesome I am and how I should accept it LOL.

Interesting observation. I've not done DMT, but I wanted to say that maybe 'arrogant' is an unnecessarily negative way to look at it. The word implies a deluded self-importance, probably at the expense of others. The vibe I'm getting from what you guys are describing is something more positive, where you are simply realizing a confidence and a step forward in life, and doesn't sound like it's at the expense of others.

For example:
szuko00 -> you saw how to stop using dope. This probably made the world as a whole a better place, especially for those around you. You're awesome.
kidklmx -> you just realized you're actually attractive. Not that other people are unattractive as a consequence of your own amazing attractiveness. You're awesome.
Vediog -> your lovey dovey hippie outlook was reinforced. Only an asshole would fault you as being arrogant for that kind of attitude. You're awesome.

Similar stuff comes out of a lot of psychedelic experiences, especially with LSD for myself.
There is a fine line where confidence and self-growth can lead to arrogance, but that's not how I'd describe what you guys are giving off here.

Yeah the arrogant comment was more of a joke thing, not trying to stir things up

Tbh, my realization was quite arrogant. I was sitting in the train during rush hour (that was on DOC btw, not DMT), and just thought everyone around me was ugly (even men in suits I'd sometimes sort of feel threatened by). Usually I felt a bit like a junky outcast in that type of situation, but I looked at myself and I basically said to myself what Help said. :D But a bit more ego is actually what I needed the most in my life and DOC gave it to me. My life has been in an upswing after that, so yay.

And no worries, I think you're all beautiful ;)

finding love for myself and recognizing the value of my being

(not a single trip, but experiences over the years on mushrooms, 2C-E, weed, mental crsis, etc)

Tbh, my realization was quite arrogant.

These revelations can seem arrogant because as humans we are set up to deny our strong points

My revelations on 1p also sound arrogant however psychedelics for me allowed me to look at me and my life like I was an observer but an observer who knew all the details and thought patterns

I realised that I am intelligent! sounds really arrogant I know however I don't think I am Einstein or anything close just above average and I certainly don't think I am better than anyone so its not really arrogant its just I like maths and science and I should focus on being the best I can be

Sounds arrogant but is it really arrogant to be able to admit your strengths and work on them I don't think it is it only sounds arrogant to others as they havn't been in that state of mind

Its shocking how many people are smart and dont know it, I know a few and because they havent got a degree or other irelevant shit they just have no confidence and its the way a lot of people think

Everyone is amazing and has the potential to be even more so, psychedelics showed me a lot about myself, I could go on but I wont

That everything is one, every being, every single atom, every particle, all is one, and everything is illusion.