View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric What is the most beautiful thing known to man

I don't want to mate with my mother.

But I do love her.

I mean, oxytocin is implicated in feelings of both sexual and non-sexual love, but I honestly think there is a lot more to it than dopamine triggered by oxytocin. Sometimes love doesn't feel good at all, but you hold to it. I know people who were beaten up and worse as children by their parents who still try to keep relationships with them. I often think of a certain ex-lover I had, and I have to say that there isn't a tinge of sexual desire happening at all anymore, but I do know that I love her a whole lot still.

There is a whole lot more to love than hormones and reward pathways. With me it's a whole way of life. There really is no other option to me. It's not so much an emotion but a ... a force.

Really though, it doesn't matter what it is. Anything can be the most beautiful thing in the world -- it all depends on if you're perceiving the thing or conceiving the thing. When peaking on mad hits of acid, all I can do is perceive, so literally everything is the most beautiful thing ever.

I don't want to mate with my mother.

But I do love her.

I mean, oxytocin is implicated in feelings of both sexual and non-sexual love, but I honestly think there is a lot more to it than dopamine triggered by oxytocin. Sometimes love doesn't feel good at all, but you hold to it. I know people who were beaten up and worse as children by their parents who still try to keep relationships with them. I often think of a certain ex-lover I had, and I have to say that there isn't a tinge of sexual desire happening at all anymore, but I do know that I love her a whole lot still.

There is a whole lot more to love than hormones and reward pathways. With me it's a whole way of life. There really is no other option to me. It's not so much an emotion but a ... a force.

Yes :) Love really is a force separate from us.

I agree with you Xorkoth. It's part of the universe.

Love is felt for everything.

The thing is, because of semantic distortion, the most divine "love" is largely underlooked because the word which describes it is used to describe the basic subset of human emotions generated by the mating instinct. It is totally undeniable, and scientifically logical, that almost all "love" felt for the opposite sex is a very complex emergence of transient neurochemical processes; an emotional child of reproductive genetics and sociological cybernetics. In most people it lasts long enough to perform a cultural function.

Spiritual love is described from basic level functioning by this temporary fragment of magical elation, the surface glimpse of a truncated alias of the true celestial wonder.

The beauty of love.

Hmm dunno - i prefer the smell of an almond tree when you split the timber - fragrant hmmmm

^ The most beautiful thing known to man: the second and third dimensions. Our minds provide us with the ability to percieve and observe our environment's natural beauty. It allows us to interact with the environment to transfer our innovative ideas into the external world to create creativity.

Sadly, our ability to perceive the fourth dimension, time, is not one of the best things known to man (maybe it would be if we could manipulate it).

Math

As much as i hate it the fact that it works out the way it does is a thing of beauty. To think that bodies in the universe move based on an elaborate equation. Or that there is such symmetry in a flower you can represent the peddles as a mathematical statement. Its truly amazing.

God i hate math.

I think a lot along the same lines but it's not quite the most beautiful thing

Love (and all that comes with it) is definitely the most beautiful thing, honestly if I had to choose between MY love or drugs (or anything else for that matter) I'd have to choose love (lol not to say substances wouldn't be sorely missed)

But it's shortly followed by pure mdma, psilocybin, thc, cocaine, kratom

...drugs in general...

Taking a shit when u really really need to haha Reading a newpaper while ur at it and then making all these weird aah ohhh ahhh errrrr sounds lol