• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is the difference between MDMA, MDA and Sass.

dr0budz

Bluelighter
I am posting this thread to learn the difference between sassafras , MDMA and MDA. Do all 3 make you roll? I know i have experienced MDMA and MDA. I like MDA better to be honest. It was in 2001. I took an airplane. It kicked in within 15 minutes. I had tried to roll like 3 or 4 times before this. Never worked really. So this guy offered me a bad ass light show. After he was done everything was transformed into the 3D world ( if anyone knows what im talking about).. I was told later that is was a high dose of MDA. No complaints at all. It was more a mellow, slowed down type of roll. Walking really slowing and bumping into people. Anyway, does someone know the difference between these 3? I dont think i have ever had Sass. Idk, maybe i have. Some opinions or answers would be cool if anyone knows. Thanks! 8o

Sass is just a certain type of MDxx, made from sassafras. It can be MDA, but not always. People throw the term "sass" around like its nothing these days, it refers to a specific type of MDxx made from sassafras oil, and is usually full of impurities.

Of course all 3 will make you roll, MDA will be more trippy, MDMA will be more lovey dovey, and "sass" will usually be a harder, less comfortable roll.

Chemicals are always the same no matter what form they're in, but impurities and byproducts can take the quality of the roll down.

good explanation folley, have u ever had sass? curious what u mean by "harder" roll. since ive never had sass i think a combo of mda and mdma is the best. u get the best of both worlds, the euphoria and the tracers and intense eye wiggles.

Ive never really had "sass" per-say, the MDMA and MDA crystal Ive had was always a nice clear crystal with a bit of yellow

"Sass" is supposed to be MDA that was not purified and converted to MDMA, that would mean there are still impurites and byproducts from synthesization left in the crystal. Obviously that would lead to a high thats inferior to pure versions of either of those chemicals

^ f0lley.. Do you know what im talking about when i said " the 3D world" >? If so, Which one of these 3 would immerse you into that feeling/world? I just know that MDA has done that to me more than MDMA. That airplane i had was amazing.. And it also lasted like 5-6 hours. Does that sound right for MDA? Lasting that long? I only took one too. Back in the day (2003-2005) we always got these Red Ladies. MDMA im sure. But i would take 3-4 in like a 3 hour period. I mean i had visuals n stuff... Rolled good.. Felt amazing.. But it still wasnt anything like that MDA airplane. My buddy is supposed to be getting some molly next weekend.. 2 weeks ago we had some molly too... .1g .. It was nice, strong and felt very clean. I only rolled for like 2 hours. Before that i havnt rolled since 2007. The pills in my area are BUNK. Cutouts and outpressed garbage. My friend bought these red hearts.. i told him not to do it.. but he said he trusted his guy. blah blah blah.. Then we came across macs, cherries and supermans. BS. Anyway , what im trying to get at is this... If i had a chance to get MDA or this molly... which one would make me feel like that airplane i took? I want to be in the 3D zone. I love visuals when i roll. Thanks. And folley.. Which would you rather have? MDMA, Sass or MDA

Was the plane one of these?

http://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=1349

looks like a DANK pill lol.

MDA is the best IMO. Yeah thats what will make the world "3D", but I havent really gotten that hallucination (not that I remember at least lol). Mostly MDA gives hallucinations like everyone is wearing sun glasses (they arnt), things will wave like the ocean, rainbows in lights, empty cups looking like they are full, some people even report seeing stairs and trying to walk up them, then realizing there were no stairs :!

MDA is my favorite for sure, I love that trippy feel as Im rolling :) make sure your testing the molly your getting though, get a Marquis at the least, and a Simons if you really want to be able to tell MDMA from MDA.

Ecstasy has gone to SHIT these days, even crystal isnt safe. People have been selling random ass research chemicals as MDMA, and for old school roller like yourself, I wouldnt want you to be disappointed

Check out the MDA vs MDMA thread, it will provide good insight :)

http://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=695 <- that one.
Are prices allowed on here? Well lets just say this.. They costed double what the others were. There used to be a club here. It was the perfect setting. Its shut down now though. But we always went there every saturday. There was a variety of pills going around. You never had to worry about anything being fake either! Everything was real lol. Like 20-30 diff pressed going around too. Man , if i could have one of these now i would give anything for it lol. If i knew the scene was going to go to shit i would have stocked up on these and the Wu-Tangs. Best pills i have ever had.
The visuals i get when i roll hard is this.... People faces will turn into someone else. And its so realistic its crazy lol. My GFs face turned into this other girl i knew... It freaked me out lol! But omg... it was so cool haha. This has only happened like 3 times. In 2007 we got some diamonds.. They were shaped like diamonds too. I got amazing visuals on those. But damn man.. Nothing will compare to that airplane lol

Oh yah.. The airplane was also the smallest pill i have ever had/seen.

How many people drink sassy tea? I've done it twice and loved it! A beautiful, natural rolling feel, very sensual, not too energetic, lasting all night. It is a pretty low grade roll compared to others, but that is one reason I like it- no huge crash the next day.

I use a lot to make the tea, drink a whole 16oz of it (and I'm still not fond of the licorice taste) but it is SO much fun! And safe, compared to risking what could be less than optimal combo's.

It is reddish colored bark- flakes, with a shine like mica, and a very potent licorice smell...

I'd love to know who else has experienced this! Thanks all...

Last edited:
in my experience when people say they have sass, they dont know what the fuck they are talking about.

^ i tend to agree. 'sass' is slang and could mean anything. i find it's used in the same way that other drug slang is used (e.g. stacked) - to try to make merchandise sound more appealing than it may be.

to the op, sassafras is a species of tree found in north america and asia. its bark can be used as a source of safrole which is a precursor in the manufacture of mdma (and mda). given the underground nature of this business, it's near impossible to know if a particular batch of mdma (for example) was created from safrole extracted from sassafras bark.

if somebody says they have "sass" disregard the slang, test it and know for sure what they're selling.

alasdair

My visual field is not intensely changed under the grasp of MDA until I smoke some weed. Right as I start to get that heavy "weed in the brain" feeling my visuals burst out, quite literally as you stated "3D", that's how I describe them to folks. The first time it happened it was so sudden and the visuals were so strong I became very, very anxious; unable to understand the altered reality I was perceiving, even though I knew it was simply just intense visuals. Now I just sit back and enjoy the piss out of 'em.

I tried MDA for the first time last night, and combined it with half of a yellow triforce, so it came out to 80mg of MDA and ~90 of MDMA. MY god....MDA is my new favorite. I have taken LSD, 25i, DMT, etc., but never have I felt as spiritual or euphoric or loving as I did last night. It was a truly beautiful, exquisite experience. The visuals really turned me on with their unique style of a kind of melting/bleeding, but it's so frickin colorful. Not to mention the body high is second to none. This was the best roll I have ever had, after taking MDMA about 20 times. MDA just has this intense heated kind of body high, but it feels sooo good. I hadn't gotten eyewiggles in a looong time either, but they were there in FULL force last night...god it was just orgasms about everywhere I turned my head. I could even see my own aura, and they were the same 3 colors (pink, turquoise, and yellow) that I see when I take any powerful psychedelic, ie LSD or 25i. It's interesting to see it stay the same across multiple psychedelic trips...really makes me think......

Gosh <3 MDA

oh and the crystals in the capsule were like...translucent. Very captivating.

How many people drink sassy tea? I've done it twice and loved it! A beautiful, natural rolling feel, very sensual, not too energetic, lasting all night. It is a pretty low grade roll compared to others, but that is one reason I like it- no huge crash the next day.

I use a lot to make the tea, drink a whole 16oz of it (and I'm still not fond of the licorice taste) but it is SO much fun! And safe, compared to risking what could be less than optimal combo's.

It is reddish colored bark- flakes, with a shine like mica, and a very potent licorice smell...

I'd love to know who else has experienced this! Thanks all...

Wait what? Sassafras has no MDMA in it, and sassafras oil is toxic.... so what exactly did you do?

I thought MDMA was made from the sass plant, which was then put into a magical mixing pot to make yummy crystals. Shows how much I know I guess.

Nope.. The only thing in Sassafras oil, or really the plant itself is safrole, and that is carcinogenic and certainly won't get you high.

Safrole is just one ingredient, trying to get MDMA from Sassafras bark is like trying to bake a cake with wheat

Nope.. The only thing in Sassafras oil, or really the plant itself is safrole, and that is carcinogenic and certainly won't get you high.

Safrole is just one ingredient, trying to get MDMA from Sassafras bark is like trying to bake a cake with wheat

Yea thats what I meant, as in you have sass, do loads of shit and mix it with other stuff, and you produce MDMA through loads of manufacturing processes. So at some point MD was sass :D Thought I'd got it wrong and it was just something else.

Well not all MDxx is made that way, but yes a lot of the stuff going around does come from safrole, just like a lot of the cake you see came from wheat ;)

Sassafras is said to have a licorice/root beery smell, so if you get some stuff that smells like a candy shop, tastes like root beer AND tests for MDMA, you might have some sass :)

Not like it matters at all, MDMA is MDMA

Well not all MDxx is made that way, but yes a lot of the stuff going around does come from safrole, just like a lot of the cake you see came from wheat ;)

Sassafras is said to have a licorice/root beery smell, so if you get some stuff that smells like a candy shop, tastes like root beer AND tests for MDMA, you might have some sass :)

Not like it matters at all, MDMA is MDMA

I see, so how is other MDMA made? Whats the vital chemical? Or is that question far too expansive? I'm learning :p