• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is happening??? Hopefully someone out there can help.

Well, fuck, dammitall. I can't understand why my SO would blame coke for his lack of drive and inability to perform. I know there are no other substances involved (lest someone helpfully suggest).

Am I missing something?

Well, fuck, dammitall. I can't understand why my SO would blame coke for his lack of drive and inability to perform. I know there are no other substances involved (lest someone helpfully suggest).

Am I missing something?

never heard of coke-cock?
plus, you know, some people replace sex with drugs
and of course, maybe there are other substances - you know?
perhaps he's gay

or all of these unless your SO is a girl then who knows? aha

keeping, you just cracked me up! If he was a girl and couldn't get it up, we'd REALLY be having problems!!! As I said, I'm 100% sure there aren't other substances...as for coke-cock, um, refresh my memory: that's not being able to get it up because of coke, yes? But...we used to bunny fuck when we were high. Does that weakwangery kick in after a certain level of addiction or something?

I am not an expert on opiate use, I have only used them for pain or about 20 times in 5 years for pleasure, and am neither a stimulant guy, I just started ADD meds 4 months ago but the dose is 5mg, now 10mg dexedrine a day. What I know altho is biochemistry, and how it interacts with our actions.

It seems like the shot pushed you in a situation where drug euphoria isnt possible anymore, (if I read right you still get side effects of stims right?), but when having fun in real life you are not blocked from feeling good. I would use that.
During the time you are on that shot, think of every drug you want to take and try to replace each of them with an activity that makes you feel similar. Sure it will not be as intense but it will be better than wasting money on drug's side effects.
Also you could consider talking psychedelics to learn how to appreciate life sober more and more as it is a long term effect of psychedelic use.
Psychedelics won't replace the drugs but they might amplify the fun you get from the activities that are used to replace the drugs hence making you less in desire of using drugs.

Overall what I am saying is: if drugs don't work, give up on them for the time you are on that shot. Replace them with activities that makes you feel similar.
And using psychedelics spiritually or as a sobriety amplifying drug would make those said activities feel more intense and better. With both you might be able to get rid of any desire to do drugs and replace it with a desire to act, have real fun, and trip, to make the real fun even better.

As for your sex drive, it will come back with time, IDK how long because its dependant on the dose you took when addicted the duration of addiction and your body's ability to come back to homeostasis regarding hormones which takes longer than normal Neurotransmitters. But be sure that being free from opiates it will eventually come back fully.

Good luck with managing that, and I hope you will find a way to have as much fun that you had on drugs , but sober.

Are you *certain* being free from drug use allows the sex drive to return fully? There isn't permanent damage neurologically?

Unless the opiate was cut with something doing nerve/brain damage, the only kind of possible permanent effect is upregulation of a gene that creates a tolerance to dopamine release, but that can be reversed with some work. Otherwise its only hormonal, your body will eventually sync back up, I am 95% certain of that.

Are you *certain* being free from drug use allows the sex drive to return fully? There isn't permanent damage neurologically?

i'm as certain as someone with absolutely no medical training can be.
i think you may be worrying a bit too much - sexual disfunction isn't quite permanent neurological damage but even if it were the brain is a remarkably adaptive organ. when one neural pathway is compromised (for whatever reason), your brain essentially re-routes the function down another path.
its a concept known as "neuroplasticity".

Last edited:
Well ... like i said in one of ny last posts, i stopped the vivitrol after the 2nd month, and am about 45 days out from my last shot. Sex drive already coming back just fine, crystal still doesent work at all (combination of tolerance and the vivitrol), but im takin a break on that til im at least 60 days out... hate to waste drugs.

Did some ecstasy at a big rave here in socal the other night, felt everything except the euphoria, really lame. And it was strong too (300mg/pill), red call of duty's (http://pillreports.net/index.php?page=display_pill&id=36609) i had two to my friends one, and he was rolling super hard.

No urge whatsoever to do heroin, it seems much easier now that i have lived and worked normally for a few montha and know i dont need it anymore. It seems that, finally, im back to being able to make the concious decision to use a drug or not, and have regained my will to choose. Thanks everybody for the input!

Well, then there's hope I'll get a good dicking eventually...thanks. I love him a great deal and don't want to have to discuss other options but you just don't leave a fire-blooded Hispanic woman with...nothing.