What instrument(s) do you play?

They all blend together i just like music that makes me feel alive. I honestly don't really pay attention to the drumming unless it's a solo.

I just love Buddy Rich

I'm sure he's great.

Not my era and i never really had someone inspire me.

And like i said too i wasnt as good as set as i was marching.

Blues are my favorite too. But still hard. Especially lead or solo.
How long have you been playing? I know starting the guitar is a bit rough at first, but it gets easier and easier over time. I find that when I'm drunk especially, I can still play the guitar, but playing the piano drunk is just .. horrible xD

I'm sure he's great.

And like i said too i wasnt as good as set as i was marching.
Not my era either, but the sound he could get out of the simplest drumset. Just mind-boggling.

I'll have to give him a shot sometime.

Im curious now.

Shit the 70s wasn't "my era" but i love classic rock.

I'm sure buddy would rub off on me.

They all blend together i just like music that makes me feel alive. I honestly don't really pay attention to the drumming unless it's a solo.

I'm sure he's great.

Yeh, Buddy Rich and Gene Kruper were fuckin legends back in the day. Then there's John Bonham and Ginger Baker more recently.

Can I ask who the drumming legends are from the last 20 years? Oh, there aren't any because no fucker plays real instruments any more...

I've played the guitar for around 17-18 years, along with the ukulele, banjo and bass. Mostly acoustic finger style, bit of slap bass and lapsteel/slide when I feel like it. Most fretted stringed instruments are pretty easy to pick up as a guitarist. If you can play one of them, you can play tem all to some extent.
I also try and play the piano/organ, but I suck haha, it's more just fun to have them around for when someone with actual skill comes round.

How long have you been playing? I know starting the guitar is a bit rough at first, but it gets easier and easier over time. I find that when I'm drunk especially, I can still play the guitar, but playing the piano drunk is just .. horrible xD

Off and on for around 15 years. Mostly off. Back in the days drunk and on opiates playing with my friends is when I played most.

I still have 2 really nice acoustics. Martin 000-15M and Martin 000-18. Pick them up from time to time. I can still play. Would just need 2-3 months to get my finger strength back, flexibility, and calluses.

I was always better with electric, at least I told myself, but never owned one.

Yeh, Buddy Rich and Gene Kruper were fuckin legends back in the day. Then there's John Bonham and Ginger Baker more recently.

Can I ask who the drumming legends are from the last 20 years? Oh, there aren't any because no fucker plays real instruments any more...

That's not categorically true ...

That performance is taken at a concert in 2003.

Alternatively, you might very well be looking for ... him:

That performance is taken at a concert in 2003.

Alternatively, you might very well be looking for ... him:

You are seriously missing the fucking point here :D

There are many well established bands still doing the rounds that are capable of playing instruments.

I'm asking for evidence of ones founded since the turn of the century that actually exhibit any talent.

(If anyone says Justin Bieber, they can suck my dick...)

In that case talent becomes merely the taste of contemporary record executives ...

I am saying it is hard to find a twenty year old bloke (today) who has made drumming history.

It's not the artist but the industry. Everything is digitized and aligned in the studio so very little actual "performance" is encouraged.
Don't get me started @F.U.B.A.R. !!!
I's like letting a genie out of the bottle
or opening Pandora's Box

You just don't want to see me go there :devilish:

Well, there are still decent beats to be found ... although these can sound quite mechanical.