• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What experience(s) convinced you "God" is real?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Very simple thread, this isn't the post to debate if "God" is real, what is "God" as way too many go to a default Christian viewpoint & it's no secret what Faith I follow so that is silly in my view.

I know "God" is real but I'm curious what events convinced others that a huge Force "made" this reality we are living through.

I don't want to see arguments about different religious ideas etc, the title of the thread says it all. You wanna play games go to TL, I want a proper debate here folks.

this morning I looked to the trees and they reassured me that they were coming to take back the land. made me feel better about all in general.
cool

out
Ever seen any of those shows on TV that fast-forward time to show what would happen if Nature was left alone? It's crazy how fast tree's etc grow & take over the landscape.

Ever seen any of those shows on TV that fast-forward time to show what would happen if Nature was left alone? It's crazy how fast tree's etc grow & take over the landscape.
Another thing that fascinates me is the life spans of different living things. We have some tortoise that can live a very long time. (one was around since Napolean) Some red wood trees live thousands of years and then die. Everything eventually dies. And to me that is the beauty of Nature. Death. An exit from the misery. Why would someone want an afterlife? For more misery? So we can eat more living things and feel savage?

BUT.... I also believe there are unseen worlds that we know about and do not know about. So transition seems more logical than total death.

The first time I really thought about God was on one of my first acid trips at 14 years old. I was tripping and washing my hands and said to myself Oh My God. I was astounded by the word God and the word I. I am. The great I am. I saw clearly that that I was part of everything and that was comforting. But even before that I was a little philosopher. But I saw pretty clearly the spirit in me.

I do not like the word God because everyone has their own meaning. We ruined it. I like the word Nature. Mother Nature was a great phrase.

no i just googled it and it says there are spirits that could help or harm human interest.... another definition says that plants have souls.... what are you thinking about animism?
I believe in it 100%
Whenever I take some Roses from the bush I always ask the bush if it's OK I cut it & it will reply. I say "Good morning" to plants, the grass etc, I show Respect to the local river for flowing & giving a place for the Ducks etc to make a home, I speak to all the birds I come across etc.

At the start when you begin to understand the "natural order" of Nature & where we fit into it you feel stupid, how can a tree or river be "alive" like humans are? ;)
After a bit of time though these things begin to give you signs they are "alive" and aware of you, that they are aware you show them love & respect in weird ways. I highly suggest people try this out for a month, pick a tree you see daily & just say "Hello, I hope you have a too day" each time you see it for a month & you'll see the effects it has on you.
All it takes is a few weeks out of your whole life which is nothing in the span of your life, at the worst you have spent 10 seconds out of your day saying a few words, at the best you will begin to understand the minutely sized "energy" that makes up our reality & flow of the natural order of Life.

Not so much god but i think there is something after. In march i stayed in the hospital with mom, she was full of cancer. The night before she passed she tried to get out of bed saying my dad was waiting for her, he died 3 years ago. And right before she got sick i met the most understanding kind man that i ever met. I don't have much family and he helped me get through it, spent every day with me, ordered food when i wouldn't eat, called every hour to make sure i was ok. Even offered to fly to the province with me and we just met. It felt like dad/god sent someone to me so i wouldn't be alone and depressed and relapse again. the guy don't drink or drugs or smoke and has been there for me since the day we met.

Not sure if it was god but made me question everything. I was single for a couple years and it was like i was sent a guardian angel

"But more recently, researchers have found them to possess many sophisticated and surprising abilities. Plants can sense and react to more aspects of their environments than we can, and they maintain bustling social lives by communicating with each other above and below ground. They also interact with other species."

I've had extremely potent ESP and hearing other peoples ideas etc in their head when tripping on 5-6 dry gram mushroom trips, it was exactly like the person I was with had spoken words out their mouth, I've asked them what they just said or said a reply to what I heard, the look of Shock on their face is something I've never forgotten. To me I have consumed the mushroom & part of its "Soul" has become part of me, I guess you could class it as a kind of possession, for a few hours my "soul" was taken over & I WAS a mushroom.

Anyone who's ever taken Salvia or good mushrooms totally alone deep in a woods has felt the "energy" of the trees, birds, plants, river etc.
These things are consciousness from "God" its just we have lost this ability to tune into it, living in huge urban environments we have no need to read the sky, listen to what the wind says, listen to the birds, feel the "vibes" which are all around us.

The Yogi sect known as Juna Akhara Naga Sadhus are famous for their ability to talk with birds, call to stray dogs, control the weather. This stuff is just normal in parts of India.

Wilhelm Reich and his experiences with Orgone energy is famous & very well known, he wasn't harassed to such extreme levels for no reason, he proved this stuff is Real, to me and many others he proved there is an "energy" which is totally natural & anyone can tune into it, you could call it "God" in many ways.

Western Society has been totally cut off from this by corrupted Religion and Consumer culture to benefit the very small few. It's impossible to take any notice of political parties or Instagram influence people when you understand Trees are "awake" and "consciousness" itself, Tik Took videos for hours on end all of a sudden aren't important to you, just think what kind of world it would be like if teenagers spent hours each day walking alone in the local woods instead of sending emoji's on WhatsApp.

Hara Hara Mahadev.
Ohm Namah Shivya.
Jai Maa Durga.

I've always talked with every animal I meet, often at length :cool:, sometimes with words, sometimes without

Trees, streams, mountains etc too on occasion. But always with animals
You remember the first time you learned this is a Real thing?
You OK to say about an experience where this happened that really shook you up? (In regard to the experience made you convinced this is a real thing?)

You know about the experiment Reich did with radioactive material? When I learned what happened I was so shocked by it, I've wanted to build my own Orgone machine but the UK doesn't have enough good weather to use it enough, I've heard of several people who have used his Orgone machine on bad weather days with very BAD results. Whatever is going on with that stuff is way more deep & complex than it seems in face value.

To me this is all "God" in a way, the people in power try to keep this stuff hushed up & at best keep it under the label of "Quack Medicine" as it takes a huge piss on the bonfire known as Big Pharma.

God is a such a loaded term.

If you mean infinite awareness and consciousness that I am one with but also individuated within, and that all apparent appearances arise and dissolve from and into this awareness... and that this awareness is omnipresent no matter what is apparently "happening" including the activities of the mind and body... and is also unchanging and indestructable and already perfect...

Then I realized (or one could say, remembered) this awareness when I was dying, when I was too weak to project a personality or the ego "I" yet there was still awareness.

The realization never went away. I see it everywhere, in everything and everyone. It permeates my transient thoughts, my temporal emotional states, my personality level dramas. There is only one real thing happening. It is my only true home. It is the only thing that is real. Anything else pales in comparison but since the multitude of "things" in the realm of appearance all come from the same awareness, then I deep down can't help but love them like family.

God is a such a loaded term.

If you mean infinite awareness and consciousness that I am one with but also individuated within, and that all apparent appearances arise and dissolve from and into this awareness... and that this awareness is omnipresent no matter what is apparently "happening" including the activities of the mind and body... and is also unchanging and indestructable and already perfect...

Then I realized (or one could say, remembered) this awareness when I was dying, when I was too weak to project a personality or the ego "I" yet there was still awareness.

The realization never went away. I see it everywhere, in everything and everyone. It permeates my transient thoughts, my temporal emotional states, my personality level dramas. There is only one real thing happening. It is my only true home. It is the only thing that is real. Anything else pales in comparison but since the multitude of "things" in the realm of appearance all come from the same awareness, then I deep down can't help but love them like family.
You put it I'm such an amazing way & said it better than I ever could.
Yes you wrapped up how I view "God" 100%.

I'm actually embarrassed how much better you could express what I was trying to get at.

what about the opposite?

the dmt high queen being telling me to chill, but later i came to the conclusion that it was probably just a hallucination (our brains are powerful).

then i took mushroomies and looked at the beauty of the leaves on a tree flapping in the wind... and something sparked in my brain the idea that there is no need for a god in that explanation.

then i was a theist again for awhile (revisited christianity), and then i watched a ton of 'the atheist experience' shows... and they made a lot of sense and now i'm an atheist.

Believing in a higher power often comes down to deeply personal moments that can be hard to put into words. For some people, it's like a puzzle where various pieces from awe at the natural world to unexpected moments of grace come together to form a compelling picture. Others have a singular experience so powerful that it becomes a cornerstone of their belief.

Some folks describe a moment when they were looking up at the stars and just felt overwhelmingly that there was "more" out there. Others talk about narrowly avoiding an accident and feeling like something beyond them had a hand in it. And then there are those quiet moments maybe during prayer, meditation, or even while doing something mundane where something clicks, and the presence of a higher power just feels undeniable.

So, it's not always about logical arguments or theological teachings, though those can play a role. Often, it's something felt in the gut or experienced in a flash of insight that convinces someone there's more to this reality than meets the eye.

These experiences often defy easy explanation and can be deeply personal, varying wildly from person to person.

Absolutely nothing convinced me that God is real, I just did; however a lot of "modern thinking" individuals have attempted to convince me that God does not exist.

I. personally, do not have a desire to convince anyone that God exists. One either does or one doesn't and that is none of my business.