• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

Somebody was right, about those small German Shepard dogs. I think are actually hot to trot.

The bigger ones Alsatians etc I only really come across going to festivals. But I've walked past them with MDMA and weed on me. I think after a couple of hours they become overwhelmed and tire of it.

Needless to say in this day and age, none of that should be a problem if you have your wits about you. ie not stinking of dope, showered, clean clothes and any amount of drugs on you sealed properly.

In 2008 the bus we hired to take us down to the Oxegen festival got pulled over by the Guards for a drug search. We were all lined up outside the bus while they went in with a Labrador. They found a bag of weed on the bus which my mate hid under his seat when he realised what was happening. The dog found it right away and he owned up to it immediately. The dog was then led down the line and we were clean. They then opened up the luggage hold and the dog jumped in. I then began to worry because that's where I had an ounce of brown stashed.

However, I had the foresight to conceal the solid the night before. It was stashed in my tent bag had it wrapped in a layer of cling film, followed by a layer of kitchen roll, sprayed with aftershave. I repeated this layering process so many times that the ounce looked more like five ounces. I watched the dog jump right on top of all the luggage, have a little nosey, then jump back out. I was very relieved :)

My friend got taken away to to the police station while our bus waited at the side of the road. They were dead-on about it and processed him quite quickly before releasing him on €100 bail, with a future court date, and bringing him back to the bus. It turned out to be a nightmare though because, during that time we were waiting, another bus had caught fire on the motorway around Dublin which meant we had to drive through the city to get to our destination, which caused even further delays. By the time we arrived at the festival all of our other mates were set up and now very merry. They had the luxury of pitching their tents in the sunshine. It was pishing it down when we arrived so we had to set up in a veritable quagmire :|

If you live in NI and get lifted and bailed in the Republic can you not just go back over the border and fuck them off as long as you don't return? Or do warrants issued in Eire hold sway in NI?

I couldn't honestly tell you but, with the amount of travelling done across the borders, and our automatic dual citizenship, it was most prudent that he appeared for his court date. He went to the court date with no representation but, thankfully, there was a solicitor at the courtroom who represented him for free. I think he was fined another €100/150 but the solicitor explained that the defendant had travelled by bus from the North coast and that, in order to pay his return fare, he only had €80, The judge accepted that fine and he went on his merry way.

All in all, a very expensive 20 bag of grass :D

I couldn't honestly tell you but, with the amount of travelling done across the borders, and our automatic dual citizenship, it was most prudent that he appeared for his court date. He went to the court date with no representation but, thankfully, there was a solicitor at the courtroom who represented him for free. I think he was fined another €100/150 but the solicitor explained that the defendant had travelled by bus from the North coast and that, in order to pay his return fare, he only had €80, The judge accepted that fine and he went on his merry way.

All in all, a very expensive 20 bag of grass :D

Yeah it's hardly like running away to South America in the hope of escaping extradition :)

An ounce of brown?! What were you doing on a bus, if you could afford that level of drugpiggery?

An ounce of brown?! What were you doing on a bus, if you could afford that level of drugpiggery?

I should perhaps clarify that brown refers to cannabis resin.

If I was taking an ounce of heroin to a music festival, not many gigs would have been in my plans. I would have been too busy nodding or flogging it.

There were a few people going around with fake police badges and flashing them at people they saw smoking weed. Many people fell for it. They approached me and my mate and he pulled what was left of his resin out to give it to them, shaking like a leaf. They saw that it was barely a jointsworth and told him they felt bad taking it, so they moved on :D

Last edited:
You see, if I was Old Bill, I'd regard "less than a joint's worth" as evidence that someone was planning to score some more, and bust them even harder.

Law enforcement's loss is the criminal fraternity's gain .....

Well, I'm very glad you did not pursue that particular vocation. The last thing we need is more competent police officers tackling the supply of drugs!

Pretty sure they struggle with Spice which is why it's so popular in prisons now.

I think they can only smell drugs they are trained to smell, so I think knowing what they could smell would be significantly smaller and more useful list. I'd imagine they are trained to smell the common drugs: Weed, heroin, coke, etc. I doubt they could smell most of the drugs sold as research chemicals.

Benzos.

Depending on how they're trained they may not smell opiates that aren't heroin, although I imagine more may be trained to sniff out fentanyl too these days (good, fuck fent).

Dogs are now trained in most jails to smell Spice / Mamba even when soaked onto paper Benson7, why anyone would want to smoke that damn stuff is beyond me though.