• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

Actual police sniffer dogs as in the small ones are amazing at smelling at least Erb, I had a year old billy bag that had had green in it for a few hours over a year ago and the wee fecker could smell the empty bag. The big dogs at clubs are just for show but the police ones CAN be very effective, no so much the police but at least the dogs.

Flew into manchester earlier and after baggage claim they had everyone walk single file past a sniffer dog who went up to each person.

lol, really? Tis my local airport and I'm pretty sure I usually smell of some substance or other. Yikes.

Aye, was very glad I didn't have 5 kilos of coke up my bum as per.

I've seen them training a dog at manchester airport as well. There were a bunch of suitcases in a bundle and the dog had to sit by the one that (I'm assuming) had real drugs inside. The handler would treat the dog by throwing a ball across the room, which led to a hilarious incident where the ball was heading towards a wall with the dog in rapid pursuit - but airport floors being smooth and slippery buggers the dog slid right into the solid wall at considerable speed. It was ok ofc :)

^ yeah those dogs that are crazy about balls/toys (canine OCD style) are known for making the best LE sniffer dogs.
They'll do anything to get their damn toy, the little fuckers.

Maybe this sound stupid. Its just an idea.
Example:
Your dealing coke, and you know any day police can come check your house or place you live.
You dont keep any large amount inside, but there must be traces of coke.
So.... Take some coke, dilute it in water or alcohol, put it in a vaporizer and spray it everywhere!! Everywhere!!
The dog will stop at every place, and police wont find anything....
I guess this goes for any kind of medicine or drug.
You wanna feel safe at home, i think this is a good idea.
Offcourse not for if your outside somewhere or travelling, there you dont want to get any sign of drug on you.

i think dogs can trace back concentrations of substances back towards the source... so everything might smell of drugs, but the stockpile will still be detected

The source will generally smell stronger... not rocket science.

I saw a program called "Inside the Animal Mind" where a dog was able to smell some meat that was put in a can in a lake half a mile wide & 6 meters deep in an unknown location. It was also raining & windy.

It was almost spot on when it signalled it had found it.

I have no idea whether this is universally the case though & to what extent the same is true of drugs but I would imagine smelling the scent everywhere would confuse matters somewhat.

I've actually known of people do pretty much just that. Varying degrees of success. Dogs are very hit and miss anyway so hard to tell if it actually made a difference.

I saw a program called "Inside the Animal Mind" where a dog was able to smell some meat that was put in a can in a lake half a mile wide & 6 meters deep in an unknown location. It was also raining & windy.

I saw that programme too. Was fascinating but didn't seem very representative. Not all dogs are quite as good as that one was or they wouldn't miss carrierbags full of weed barely even hidden would they?

One day my friends package detected by the dogs at the customs. In the the package there was 3-mmc (m-cat)

Last time I brought drugs through an airport the x ray machine sniffed out traces of gear in my psp case, which had to be swabbed.

The swab came back as negative, as all the gear and weed was right up my bum.

Still shit my pants though. Id been doing it for years which is why I became so complacent.

Last time I brought drugs through an airport the x ray machine sniffed out traces of gear in my psp case, which had to be swabbed.

The swab came back as negative, as all the gear and weed was right up my bum.

Still shit my pants though. Id been doing it for years which is why I became so complacent.

Was that in departure security? Are you sure it wasn't just a random explosives swab? Do X-ray actually sniff now!!?

It's very common to be swabbed and your stuff swabbed but usually in security at departure the last thing they want to find are drugs. It's just a headache.

The swab machines are only set on an explosives data profile or so I've been informed when having a "laugh" with security about how I'm always Mr random. Around 1 in 5 are swabbed due to the random program.

Was that in departure security? Are you sure it wasn't just a random explosives swab? Do X-ray actually sniff now!!?

It's very common to be swabbed and your stuff swabbed but usually in security at departure the last thing they want to find are drugs. It's just a headache.

The swab machines are only set on an explosives data profile or so I've been informed when having a "laugh" with security about how I'm always Mr random. Around 1 in 5 are swabbed due to the random program.

The x ray machine sounded a tone and my bag remained inside while the x ray image was scrutanised. The bag was then removed via the conveyor and she searched if fully, giving most of my things a cursory swab until she found the psp case. She showed me the results of the swab on a monitor and explained to me that she was satisfied I had no dangerous items and I was free to continue through to the departure lounge. She never told me what she was looking for but the screen she referred to had 2 green bars on it - the first bearing the acronym 'COCA' and the 2nd 'HRN'. I know that the machine must have picked up a trace of heroin as Id used the playstation case to stash an 8 ball in the car a week or 2 previously.

My guess is that if either of those bars had been red, I'd still be getting my bum fucked in Wormwood Scrubs now......

Last edited:
In the past two months I've been stopped by a copper with a dog on two occasions. I was made to stand still while they walked the dog around me and my luggage - whilst being in the possession of stinky weed/hash, mdma, amphetamine, (as well as acid, benzos and 2cb which yeah they probably aren't trained to smell).

Both times the dog was useless and I was told to go about my business. Such a waste of time.

Exactly, aside from the fact that I am probably the only Bluelighter to have never used a dissociative (Ive had MXP but Ive heard it doesnt even begin to hold a candle to Ket or MXE)

The x ray machine sounded a tone and my bag remained inside while the x ray image was scrutanised. The bag was then removed via the conveyor and she searched if fully, giving most of my things a cursory swab until she found the psp case. She showed me the results of the swab on a monitor and explained to me that she was satisfied I had no dangerous items and I was free to continue through to the departure lounge. She never told me what she was looking for but the screen she referred to had 2 green bars on it - the first bearing the acronym 'COCA' and the 2nd 'HRN'. I know that the machine must have picked up a trace of heroin as Id used the playstation case to stash an 8 ball in the car a week or 2 previously.

My guess is that if either of those bars had been red, I'd still be getting my bum fucked in Wormwood Scrubs now......

Yep then they switched the usually program. Dodged a bullet there son! If you ask I believe they have to inform you of the scan they will carry out before they do it.

Top tip;

It amazes me this selfie generation stupidly.

For the last 6 or so years our passports across the EU come with a camera symbol on the front.

This little symbol means you are on the EU database for facial and eye recognition. Although not as unique as fingerprint it's pretty much accurate.

Every time you go to security in the UK there is now an extra gate. This theoretically matches your ticket details to your facial print or takes a facial print if your not registered and stores it. Every time you go through passport on arrival same thing. This system is a cross border system and operates on a global share basis.

Now call me paranoid but certainly anyone with a record or under suspicion is already profiled before they hit security / customs.

If I were LE I'd also be profiling anyone who decided to post there face anywhere nefarious. Sometimes there is some truth behind the movies. Likely this technology is already in use in major city CCTV systems. I never understand why people want to highlight what they look like. It's pretty much giving up any right to anonymity or perhaps people just don't realise?

Went to a club. 2 mates had a spliff up the road before going in. I didn't bother. I walked straight passed the dog. Turned round both mates had had a tug and were being searched. Dog had indeed indicated on them. Lot of people believe "club" dogs are for show. Clearly this one wasn't.

However the mate with the spliff had more on him. He just said we had a spliff literally up the road. They stopped searching him he walked straight in with his stash!!!

Somebody was right, about those small German Shepard dogs. I think are actually hot to trot.

The bigger ones Alsatians etc I only really come across going to festivals. But I've walked past them with MDMA and weed on me. I think after a couple of hours they become overwhelmed and tire of it.

Needless to say in this day and age, none of that should be a problem if you have your wits about you. ie not stinking of dope, showered, clean clothes and any amount of drugs on you sealed properly.