• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What drug is the best teacher?

While there are of course any number of subjective factors, I believe ayahuasca is probably the trip where the average person is most likely to believe they are being "taught". Part of this stems from the forceful and domineering nature of the trip; people are more likely to impute a personality and an agenda to somthing they have less control over. However, even aside from this, in reading trip reports I think you'll find that the experience really does tend to be more pithy and introspectively insightful than most others. It also tends to leave you feeling cleansed, energized, and motivated. It is pretty short though.

i think LSD fits the bill. you said shrooms weren't long enough, so LSD sounds like a good candidate.

although i dont really like the word "teacher" as you cant just take some drug and have the complexities of the world be revealed to you. id say these drugs can act as a gatekeeper, letting you in but you gotta open the door and take the first few steps.

Anything that forces you to come to terms with yourself (and any shortcomings) is the most valuble in my opinion ('in your face' psychedelics like LSD) as ones that are more malleable allow you to hide from aspects of yourself that might surface. These are the sort of things that need to be confronted if you want to become a 'better person' (not everything valuble that comes from psychedelics is all 'oohs & ahhs').

The more malleable ones are possibly better when it comes to emotional insights, but for getting to the core of something deep you need the sort that have that 'you can run but you can't hide' quality. Of course they tend to be the ones people can be fearful of as if things take a downward turn during the experience, you are forced to go with it and experience aspects you'd normally avoid at all costs

I really truly believe that mescaline is the best teacher I have encountered.
It allows you to see the person you are through the eyes of yourself as a child. The mescalito is very understanding;) That is the best way I can explain the trip.

^ Wow that sounds amazing, i hope to experience mescaline in the near future.
Shrooms would be my choice, the sinister aspect of it all, the way it puts me on my ass and tells me to shut the fuck up and listen, the attack on the ego, which always fights til the last breath. Something about them lets me know there is more to life than i think it is and thinks aren't all so bad.

fastandbulbous said:
Anything that forces you to come to terms with yourself (and any shortcomings) is the most valuble in my opinion ('in your face' psychedelics like LSD) as ones that are more malleable allow you to hide from aspects of yourself that might surface. These are the sort of things that need to be confronted if you want to become a 'better person' (not everything valuble that comes from psychedelics is all 'oohs & ahhs').

The more malleable ones are possibly better when it comes to emotional insights, but for getting to the core of something deep you need the sort that have that 'you can run but you can't hide' quality. Of course they tend to be the ones people can be fearful of as if things take a downward turn during the experience, you are forced to go with it and experience aspects you'd normally avoid at all costs

This is right on, imo!

I consider psychedelic chemicals like TOOLS. Different job - different tool.

viz., PEAs are generally better for 'getting in touch' with what I am feeling. Tryptamines are generally better for dissolving preconceived notions/thoughts/etc.

Peace and I hope you find your teacher!!! =D

the best teacher can do zilch if the student isn't willing

acid for this world, and ketamine for accepting to move on to the next world;)

Ximot said:
the best teacher can do zilch if the student isn't willing

not quite so when salvia is involved and you have 'broken through'. I find salvia most unrelenting, straight to the point, confronting, revealing. I have yet to try RC's though.. one day I will.

viz., PEAs are generally better for 'getting in touch' with what I am feeling. Tryptamines are generally better for dissolving preconceived notions/thoughts/etc.

I say the complete opposite ! Perhaps we got different brain chemistry !=D

personally
mushrooms taught me about myself
but then ayahuasca made me realize that i was insignificant, so it taught me about the universe instead

drancer said:
not quite so when salvia is involved and you have 'broken through'. I find salvia most unrelenting, straight to the point, confronting, revealing.

Well, try Salvia drunk... see how much you remember ;)