• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What drug is the best teacher?

Cannabis is the greatest of all teachers, you just have to be willing to listen and respect it instead of using it to break up the mundane aspects of life. Although cannabis does not usually give you the epiphany moments of serotongenic psych's it will steadily and consistently change your perceptions over time with very little psychological and physical risk.

And if its those mind fuck 'oh my god' moments that you seek than I challenge any doubters to take a high dose of tincture (not just pot food but tincture for its rapid onset to kick your ass).

Anything you eat or drink is a mind-altering teacher to some extent. Even foods and drinks not viewed as drugs fuel your daily lessons, therefor teaching. This is a cross-point of meditative practice and psychedelic shamanism. Even the most abstaining monks are going to consume some amount of food and drink some amount of water. Without these, anyone will crumble. While monks may aviod taking 'Mind alterants' such as psychedelics, their 'sober' minds are being changed and fueled due to their consumption. Psychedlic shamans practice similarly to meditative monks, though the psychedelic shaman explores the alteration of plant allies more thoroughly.

This being said, some stereotypical psychedlic teachers i would suggest are....
psilocybe mushrooms
salvia divinorum
mescaline cacti (i haven't had a chance to try peyote, but pachanoi and peruvianus are great teachers)
cannabis
morning glories
LSD is nice as well

Recieving the lessons is all about the respect the put into the experience.
If you are beligerent and taking advantage of a psychedlics in an effort to 'get fucked up', don't be surprised if you succeed. Psychedlics change your mind, permanently (though so does living an average non-drug day). It doesn't seem like a very good idea to be to be using something which permanently changes your mind in an effort to 'get fucked up', because no one wants to be permanently fucked up.

However if you ready yourself appropriately, and approach the psychedelic experience openmindedly and respectfully they will not lead you astray. Nature is an infinitely powerful, peaceful force welcoming all of good intent. Existence/Evolution/Progress/Happening Wants us to Learn. Happening is the way of things, for things will always happen, progress-inevitable.

While progress is inevitable, the problem is that with all these egos running all these folks's agendas we're not aligned efficiently. Like how birds arrange into Vs as to carry the wind current backwards from the bottom of the V. Without this formation the group is less efficient. This is why psychedelics are efficient teachers, they get you seeing from a lesserly-ego-dominated perspective. This egolessness (for lack of a better term, i think the ego is always functioning, we just change OUR view) can bring us all together. Psychedelics bring out the similarities in groups, remind people that we're all the same, and there is no hierarchy. Through this reunification we can be realigned into a more efficient formation as a whole. And learn to help eachothers wind currents like the birds flying in Vs.

The ego learns.

Through learning to live in the moment (be here now!) we can more easily see just how much information we're learning all the time. Like i was saying above, everything is a teacher, water, fruits, even time. By dwelling in the ego-agenda world we just filter out much of this insight. If you want to learn keep your ego in check. It doesn't need to be destroyed permanently or anything, one should simply be aware that the ego lies in front of you. If you grasp this, life will be a lesson, and pscyhedelics will be even more powerful.

Sorry for the lengthiness dudes.......
Stay safe,
Learn much,
Have fun.

Well this may be counter intuitive for some but i've found high dose n20 to be self-revealing, mainly as to the mechanical and physical structuring of the brain. Its less personal, more about broad human perception. It has divided my perception into 4 visible sqares (well 5, one binding the four together), each containing sensory data (the big, encompassing square was vision). Very strange, but i quickly wrote down the experience.

In the context of the entire history of the human race, I would say that cannabis, mushrooms, peyote and ayahuasca have been mankind's greatest teachers. I think that the myriad of new 'designer psychedelics' have arrived at this point in human history as part of the 'cosmic plan' and right on schedule. Things like MDMA, LSD, 2C-B, 2C-E, DOC etc may have significant teachings for mankind, which have not yet been fully appreciated.

Revelation 2:17
[17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Shh.... Its a secret. No source discussion: )

Last edited:
egor said:
I really truly believe that mescaline is the best teacher I have encountered.
It allows you to see the person you are through the eyes of yourself as a child. The mescalito is very understanding;) That is the best way I can explain the trip.

I second that!

The feeling like a kid thing.

Your so full of energy and playfull, happy to talk and the whole world and everything in it is a whole new experience.

Im 21 and on mescaline it just so refreshing to see world from the amazed eyes of a child.

Most indian shaman will agree with me .)

4-AcO-DMT is a tremendous teacher, very personal and euphoric and friendly and full of love. Very different from mushrooms. It allows access to the tryptamine collective mindspace without fear or ego destruction. Rather, for me at least, it seems to allow you to experience your ego while simultaneously seeing right past it. In that respect, I find it unique and very utile.

8ft-Sativa said:
I second that!

The feeling like a kid thing.

Your so full of energy and playfull, happy to talk and the whole world and everything in it is a whole new experience.

Im 21 and on mescaline it just so refreshing to see world from the amazed eyes of a child.

Most indian shaman will agree with me .)

The best part is having all the cognative faculties and knowledge of an adult while still viewing the world through the eyes of a 6 year old.

Last edited:
Drugs don't teach you shit. You teach yourself.

This anthropomorphizing of drugs, especially psychedelics seems very strange to me. People seem to want to replace religion with drugs, to give up guidance of their lives to some higher power. Tell me what to do preacher/LSD!

Drugs, psychedelic or otherwise, merely give a different viewpoint. Whether or not this is the correct solution should probably be decide while sober.

Well, they relieve the crushing boredom fairly well too.

hamhurricane said:
Last night I had my first real psychedelic experience from ingesting 1/8 of p. cubensis mushrooms, I have used psychedelic drugs before (3rd plateau DXM, 20x Salvia, MDMA) but nothing even came close to the power of what happened last night.
I became an electric blot of psychedelic screaming energy, I ate a potted plant and the dirt it was growing in, relived powerfull forgotten parts of childhood, my friends became my brother and sister, my love was infinitely greater than what I felt for others on MDMA. Many questions were raised but not answered. The visual were great but that’s not what I valued, I valued the all-consuming electric INSANITY.
I know there are drugs that last far longer than mushrooms, DOM, TMA-2 Bromodragonfly, or perhaps even re-dosing of certain short acting drugs. Has anyone experimented with multi-day trips? What drugs did you use? Did you learn more? I wants to trip as long as my body and mind can possibly stand it, or untill my questions are awnsered!

I wouldn't personally call such an experience you describe "teaching" if it had happened to me. Some things are impossible to learn, no matter how hard and for how long you trip.

I have experiemented with multi-day experiences before, but not even at a fraction of that intensity. I just wouldn't want to trip that hard for so long.

Drugs don't teach you shit. You teach yourself.

True, drugs are a catalyst to help with learning, not the direct 'teacher'. If that were the case you wouldn't hear stories of numbnuts that take 250ug of LSD and only report the decor (visual effects) rather than the experience.

You can lead a fuckwit to knowledge, but you can't make them learn/understand =D

It's really a toss-up for me between 4-AcO-DMT and mescaline. Mescaline always seems to show me the interconnectedness of everything, from the evolution of life clear through the entirety of human history. 4-AcO-DMT, on the other hand, has provided me the most profound insights I've had from any substance, and forced me to re-evaluate my entire belief structure. Essentially, my most significant psilacetin trips really just let me put together everything that I've learned from all my other trips on all the drugs I've tried, and finally put an end to all the religious/spiritual uncertainties and fears I'd had for as long as I can remember.

However, while psychedelics have been most influential on my spirituality and overall worldview, cannabis has been by far the most important teacher of lessons regarding my own life. I smoke almost daily for numerous reasons, but the truly significant experiences remain few and far between. When they do happen, though, it's typically not an ego-dissolving experience like with psychs, but an ego-strengthening experience that helps me reaffirm myself and gives me direction and resolve in life.