• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What drug do you think most closely simulates "runner's high"?

I remember when I was 15 or so, I used to do strenuous 40k bike rides, I was somewhat familiar with cannabis at the time. I remember listening to the song 'heroin' by the Velvet Underground while biking, thinking to myself "this must be what opiates feel like", I wasn't entirely wrong either..

Even though I don't think the runner's high much at all simulates opiates, I do think this post is awesome. Good on you Gorgoroth.

personally i find cannabis to closely resemble runner's high
I agree. The best 'runner's high' I experienced was when I ran 8 miles at about a 7.5 minute (or less) mile pace. I remember this being the furthest distance I ever covered at such a fast rate. When I stopped, I felt like the ground was moving beneath me, all noise ceased which made me feel introspective for some reason (I guess because of the sudden halt of the chaotically, fast pace), I got that floating, euphoric feeling. I felt "my head in the clouds". All of the terrain that I swiftly passed by, was briefly envisioned. I thought I would pass out, but I did not, which felt great!

Even though I don't think the runner's high much at all simulates opiates, I do think this post is awesome. Good on you Gorgoroth.

I appreciate it, the positive mental effect/mood lift which I experienced after a strenuous workout was somewhat similar to opioids for me, I figure it differs between people because everyone reacts differently to different things. :)