• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc What does water soluble really even mean?

Lorne??? you mentioned the specific solubility of diamorphine/Heroin hydrochloride and also for other opioids but didn’t state their salts.

You said you think morphine is around 80mg/ml but which salt is that?
I’m guessing morphine hydrochloride, cause morphine sulphate hydrate is around 60 - 65mg/ml.

Do you know the solubility of different Heroin salts such as citrate (Citric acid) ascorbate (Vit’ C/Ascorbic acid) acetate (Acetic acid/vinegar), sulphate (Sulphuric acid) etc?

I know with the other opioids people aren’t going to be getting them on freebase but if you could state the most commonly used salts and another other’s that’d Be great! 👍

Yes I was speaking of diamorphine hcl, AKA Heroin no. 4. All of the others were hydrochloride salts except Morphine itself, and your right, I goofed, it is ~65mg/ml.

Unfortunately I am not sure the solubility of heroin base though it is simply too low to inject unless you up the PH. Here on the east coast we get the hcl salt or Black Tar anyway

Kinda surprising how hydromorphone has such high solubility, when Oxymorphone is more potent, though potency is complex and has too do with water and lipid solubility, binding affinity, intrinsic activity, etc. And Oxymorphone last longer so that fits the profile

High lipid solubility is the main reason diazepam wears off in a few hours despite a long serum half life equal to clonazepam

Anyway glad you are interested and sorry I could not be of more help

Oh and just to throw another figure, Buprenorphine’s solubility is ~12mg per ml

( Speaking of low morphine solubility, back in the good old days I would use 3ml BD syringes 💉 (occasionally larger) for my shots

Oh well back to the waiting game...