• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What does rock bottom look like for you guys ?

xxxredpilledxxx

Greenlighter
I've seen my rock bottom, have you?
Is it sleeping on the floor with a backpack full of all the belongings I have using said backpack as a pillow?
Is it begging and lying to every good friend I know for a few dollars for “gas” or “food” but turning it around to buy drugs?
Is rock bottom just the lies that can't be unsaid or is it a physical place id spiral into almost like fate?
Is it not remembering the last time I saw my kid?
Is it crying every day wishing for death to finally get me?
Is it not having hot water?
Is it being afraid to answer the phone?
Is rock bottom forever?
Is it being so unfit you need a stretcher just to get to the detox center?
Is rock bottom not having food in my stomach for weeks at a time?
Is it throwing up in the back while you're at work?
Is it not being able to sleep the whole night through ?
Is it the thought of suicide?
Is it not remembering how I got to the hospital?
Is it never wanting to see my family because of how guilty I feel?
Is losing my spouse for good rock bottom?
Is rock bottom being so socially out of balance that I can't even talk to people in public?
Is it developing a new drug induced mental illness?
Is it not having your own clothes because I am in the psych ward?
Did I lose things or did I give them up voluntarily to addiction?

Does rock bottom to me sound like rock bottom to you?

Last edited:
I'd say shooting heroin, or any iv drugs for that matter into your penile veins is pretty low. Unless you have other healthy veins and are just into that sort of thing
Ive never shot up because Im scared of infection or abscess but thats a pretty shit thing to say on a site like this. You know alot of the members on here IV, so what you want to make them feel "low" as you put it or somehow you are above them because you choose a different ROA?

Ive never shot up because Im scared of infection or abscess but thats a pretty shit thing to say on a site like this. You know alot of the members on here IV, so what you want to make them feel "low" as you put it or somehow you are above them because you choose a different ROA?
Well as someone who has shot up into his penis many times I can tell you that it certainly isn't my vein of choice, so yeah, I'd say shooting up into your penis isn't the best. If you're shooting up intrapenile because you've destroyed all your other veins I'd say it's probably fair to assume that your addiction has gotten the best of you.

Rock bottom to me is neglecting to support the ones I care about for my own selfish reasons and actions.
And also I think you covered fairly extensively in your OP what it looks like as I have been in most all those places at some point in my life sans not seeing my kid - never had any.

Ease up on the harsh talk. Since you admittedly have never IVd anything, maybe you don't know what it's like to have blown out unusable veins. They weren't looking down on anyone, merely stating a low point in their life where the vein they chose was not ideal. Like you said, imagine getting an infection or abscess on your penis. There are much easier and less painful veins to shoot unless someone has run out of options.

You can point out the dangers of something without saying anyone who shoots is a low life, its a holier than though attitude is all Im saying. Also Im glad Ive never IVd. So you trying to shame me for not sticking myself is a laugh.

You can point out the dangers of something without saying anyone who shoots is a low life, its a holier than though attitude is all Im saying. Also Im glad Ive never IVd. So you trying to shame me for not sticking myself is a laugh.
Man, I read some of your other stuff so I know you're going through a lot right now. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but if you are unable to see when you are incorrect on something, I don't know what else to tell you.

I saw absolutely nothing in Morbid Sea Cow's post that in any way suggested that he thought "anyone who shoots is a low life". Go back and read it again. He said shooting H or any other drug into your penis is pretty low. The "into your penis" part is a huge difference from "anyone who shoots is a low life".

Go back and re-read what I said too, I was merely explaining something that you obviously do not understand due to lack of experience. Seriously, I'm glad you've never IVed either. That wasn't my point. My point was not to shame anyone. On the contrary, it was simply to ask that you show a little empathy for people who have hit rock bottom and have the courage to share their story in this thread. After all, rock bottom looks different for each and every one of us.

Kinda like how a carpenter says Measure twice and cut once, I suggest you read a post twice before jumping anyone's shit as a knee jerk reaction. No one in this thread is looking down on anyone or conveying any holier than thou attitudes with the exception of you.

I hit rock bottom from addiction & a drug induced mental illness (psychosis) that landed me in the psych ward (I didn’t even know why I was there or where I even was to begin with as I came in on a stretcher) also not being able to sleep for 5 days straight and only sleeping 8 days out of my 22 day stay in that hell hole when I was on unit restriction most of the time. They also gave me 6 different medications with god awful side effects that made me hella suicidal and I had to take them or else I couldn’t leave or would be court ordered to take them.

Rock bottom is coming to the realization that your life is pretty fucking unmanageable with or without the usage of drugs and or alcohol. It can be anything you mentioned @xxxredpilledxxx . Everyone's bottom is different, though the one thing all of our bottoms have in common is how we respond to the unmanageability. Do we go on to the bitter ends or do we realize that our life at the present time is fucked, and need help getting off the bottom?

Rock bottom is like that moment when you find out that youve been dreaming. It’s all just been a dream. You finally realize how you’ve been lying to yourself and now all you want to do is wake up so this nightmare is finally over. But when you try to wake yourself up you can’t. And everyone else has already figured out what a liar you are

The picture u get taken of you in jail..at least for me probably although you couldn't tell as I was very high on percs after a friend and myself jacked some stuff for like the 10th time from wallyworld.

It’s like feeling the hunger pains from starvation but still having to spend your last $50 on a pill

It’s like constantly telling lies to all of your family and friends

It’s like waking up everyday mad because you already know what you gotta do

It’s like taking the poison that’s killing you every 4 hours as needed for pain

It's like missing out on all family functions because you were too high or too sick.

It’s like not even being invited to family functions

It’s like crying yourself to sleep every night because you’re no longer allowed around your own children

It’s like knowing ahead of time that you needed to pass that drug test but you still failed it

It’s like having to ask everyone else how your own children are doing. How was their Christmas?

It’s like watching everyone else get to live their life while you are destroying yours

It’s like all of your time is ran by your drug dealers time

It’s like having to sell everything you love just to be able to function

It's like losing everything you've ever owned in your entire life.

It's like nobody believing a word that you say even when its true

It's like being a prisoner inside your own head.

It’s like never being scared of death because you think that’s the only way out

It’s like no one ever understanding because they don’t have to

It’s like being on fire but everyone pretends that you’re not

It’s like you’d do absolutely anything you had to do to get it…so you did

99% of what others have listed as "Rock bottom" is just Life in it's most raw form teaching you a damn lesson imho.

I’ve never been faced with the decision of having to sell my organs but I am sure that I’d rather sell a kidney then lose the right to see my child. I’d gladly have sold my kidney if I’d had a choice and it was the other option. But that’s just my opinion and how I feel.