L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What does love feel like?

nygiants1313

Bluelighter
Serious question. Never been "in love" dont really get it at all. Never had a legit relationship, never wanted one either. Getting curious though i think idk. Any input would be appreciated!

If you find someone that you can't live without, that you can share all of your secrets with, that you can see yourself spending the rest of your life with/having a family with, who makes you happy (most of the time) and who accepts you at your worst then chances are you're in love ♥

when you find that special girl that you totally wanna get pregnant
i found her but dont know her that well, i think she's in italy right now actually
ah... junior year was the year i fell in love...

When you first lay your eyes on her, you get that old fashioned romantic feeling..........where you'd do anything to bone her.

It takes your breath away. For a while you can't bear to be away from the loved one.
Your mind is preoccupied with the other person.
You feel exhilarated.
Sometimes you fall in love with somebody inappropriate. Very difficult to deal with.

images

images

I think love feels like a lot of different things depending on the kind of person you are and how you grew up in this world. You're going to find a lot of different responses here, which is why this was probably the best place to ask. The thing about this question is that you are you. A unique individual who is going to experience love in a very different way than anybody else. In the end, I suppose the feeling of love is the same as everybody else more or less and what is different is how you arrived at that feeling. I guess what I'm saying is love is a journey and everybody's journey is different. Not just in the experience but in how each individuals brain is wired. Personally, I don't think I really felt love until I turned 31. My journey took 31 years with my own unique experiences and time frame. Love is also a different feeling depending on your age. When I was in my early teens I may have gotten hung up on a few girls and you feel more of a heartache than a love. In my twenties I found that I was really fond of a few girls and really liked to be with them some of the time but there was never the heartache. When I finally knew I was in love, I was able to reflect back on all past relationships and know that not one of them could ever compare to what I was feeling now in a very rational manner.

For me at the age of 37, love is knowing that I always get to wake up next to my best friend. Knowing that I can tell her everything and hold nothing back. Knowing that we share a child together and we get to watch him grow. Knowing that I will never be alone and being sure of that. Knowing that we are a team and all decisions are for the greater good of the team. These things are like layers that add on to the foundation of love. The more positive layers added to the bubble just make it that much stronger.

I know you're going to get a lot of different answers here, and that's a really good thing. This is my contribution.

Raw unadulterated exhilaration.

I think love matures as you grow older, your definition and experience of love will be completely different then when you were younger.. some people would call it infatuation. But i don't think it matters, initially you experience an intense rush with someone and the heartache that ensues.. over time that feeling matures, settles down and deepens. Love becomes less about the attachment to an other and more about the freedom and trust between you two.

I'm sure ill have a completely different understanding of it in 10 years.

warm and happy like the person is special and much better than other people and you want to be around them all the time

It is easy to get love and infatuation confused so it is a difficult question.

The easy answer is you will know when you find it.

I suppose it would be a person who enhances your life and you are not dependent on as you need to be able to love yourself first.

It is easy to think you can't live without someone just because the sex is good and they are willing to loan you a bit of money but real love is hard to find, at least for me. I have maybe been in love two or three times. There were a few times when I thought in love but it was more infatuation and afterwards I knew it.

Love can hurt sometimes, but in general it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. If you are scared of dating and relationships I personally think you are missing out on one of the best things in life. Even the brief connection you feel during sex could be described as love in some ways.

Often times you find love when you are not really looking for it. It is definitely easy to look for love in all the wrong places. I know both those last statements are both cliche and sayings but they are very true. You might find love with someone you take a class with, meet through a friend, or work with.

I suppose you just got to think about the emotional connection as well as the physical attraction. Both of those have to be there. The best relationships are also when your lover is also your friend and you do things together not because you are obligated but because you enjoy it. So similar interests also helps. I lived with a woman for years and we played video games together, shot guns, watched movies (ones we both enjoyed) and I actually liked her family so her family invited me over quite often for some gun shooting, drinking and gambling.

Often times it can be downright painful to meet the family of who you are dating but in her case it was not. That being said not eveyone has a cool family, I sure don't other than my mother. But my point is we enjoyed each others company. I have had friendships with women grow into relationships a few times and those relationships were good.

I have had bad relationships too. I thought maybe this woman completed me, but really I saw her as the answer to my problems and what was lacking in my life.

So when you find a partner you can talk to comfortably, enjoy doing whatever with, have passionate sex with, and stick by one another that is a good start. Also the feeling should be mutual. There is no point in being in love with someone who does not feel the same way.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

when I sat back and thought about this, I realized it's the way I feel about opiates!

Who needs another person when there are opiates in the world. Just make sure you never run out :) or the break up comes hard and fast

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

when I sat back and thought about this, I realized it's the way I feel about opiates! haha

Who needs another person when there are opiates in the world. Just make sure you never run out :) or the break up comes hard and fast

Ha...if your body didn't give out from using...It wouldn't be so bad. But also...'No man is island' however much we wish it were true.

It is easy to get love and infatuation confused so it is a difficult question.

The easy answer is you will know when you find it.

I suppose it would be a person who enhances your life and you are not dependent on as you need to be able to love yourself first.

It is easy to think you can't live without someone just because the sex is good and they are willing to loan you a bit of money but real love is hard to find, at least for me. I have maybe been in love two or three times. There were a few times when I thought in love but it was more infatuation and afterwards I knew it.

Love can hurt sometimes, but in general it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. If you are scared of dating and relationships I personally think you are missing out on one of the best things in life. Even the brief connection you feel during sex could be described as love in some ways.

Often times you find love when you are not really looking for it. It is definitely easy to look for love in all the wrong places. I know both those last statements are both cliche and sayings but they are very true. You might find love with someone you take a class with, meet through a friend, or work with.

I suppose you just got to think about the emotional connection as well as the physical attraction. Both of those have to be there. The best relationships are also when your lover is also your friend and you do things together not because you are obligated but because you enjoy it. So similar interests also helps. I lived with a woman for years and we played video games together, shot guns, watched movies (ones we both enjoyed) and I actually liked her family so her family invited me over quite often for some gun shooting, drinking and gambling.

Often times it can be downright painful to meet the family of who you are dating but in her case it was not. That being said not eveyone has a cool family, I sure don't other than my mother. But my point is we enjoyed each others company. I have had friendships with women grow into relationships a few times and those relationships were good.

I have had bad relationships too. I thought maybe this woman completed me, but really I saw her as the answer to my problems and what was lacking in my life.

So when you find a partner you can talk to comfortably, enjoy doing whatever with, have passionate sex with, and stick by one another that is a good start. Also the feeling should be mutual. There is no point in being in love with someone who does not feel the same way.

I read ear your post and appreciate everything you had to say. Deff gives many ideas to take time and think about. Thanks for taking the time to write this, and I agree with much of what you said.