• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does it feel like dying from opiates\opioids overdose?

That sounds really fucked. It’s horrible to be at the mercy of bureaucrats and case workers anytime but especially when you are going through a real crisis that they cannot even begin to understand or empathise with.

Sounds like you are not in a great place. I hope things stabilise soon.
thanks mate I'm not the type of person who loves being the victim but I've been through a lot of shit (understatement) and after so much negative experiences in life(for lack of a more bitter word explanation) and I thought I had been through that much head/heartache that I was almost immune to anymore maybe that was my sin I've been seeing death omens and all sorts the months but nothing could prepare you for something like this it's just not something you can even contemplate I've always thought that if my dad died I wouldn't be able to go on that would be it and that is true especially when I first found out I just stood still as a statue with a blank mind for what felt like hours and hours smashed my living room up and got some gear but still I don't feel like I thought I would feel at this point I'm handling it a lot better but only because I block it out my dad was the only person who like tell me everything would be ok and I would believe him I'm still expecting him to walk through the door and turns out he faked his death of something but I know deep down he won't I know he won't because his body was at the morgue I didn't visit him though I couldn't face it if I seen him there dead I would have no choice but to fully accept that he was dead etc

thanks mate I'm not the type of person who loves being the victim but I've been through a lot of shit (understatement) and after so much negative experiences in life(for lack of a more bitter word explanation) and I thought I had been through that much head/heartache that I was almost immune to anymore maybe that was my sin I've been seeing death omens and all sorts the months but nothing could prepare you for something like this it's just not something you can even contemplate I've always thought that if my dad died I wouldn't be able to go on that would be it and that is true especially when I first found out I just stood still as a statue with a blank mind for what felt like hours and hours smashed my living room up and got some gear but still I don't feel like I thought I would feel at this point I'm handling it a lot better but only because I block it out my dad was the only person who like tell me everything would be ok and I would believe him I'm still expecting him to walk through the door and turns out he faked his death of something but I know deep down he won't I know he won't because his body was at the morgue I didn't visit him though I couldn't face it if I seen him there dead I would have no choice but to fully accept that he was dead etc

I can’t really talk you through this by BL posting - but if you feel up to it check out the Stages of Grief. It seems that most people go through a number of similar stages (though they all experience them very personally and individually). Denial or disbelief as you describe is usually the first reaction. Anger, as you describe Aldo, is also very common as an early stage and usually comes next.

The good news is that the process is natural and eventually everybody moves through the stages and comes to terms with their grief/loss and can move on at peace with themselves while still treasuring and respecting the life and memory of the person they have lost. The best thing is usually to understand your reactions are totally understandable and normal, then talk it all out with people you trust and not bottle it up if you can avoid it.

Here’s a link to something that might help you see what you are experiencing is pretty universal and consistent: https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief

Sorry if you already know this shit. I don’t know what else to say.

Yeah, idk the few times I've overdosed, I've mostly just blacked out and woke up in the hospital.

I thought I would choose that as a route myself if I ever needed a swift exit, but upon hearing these types of stories I've reconsidered it.

And after my most recent dance with heroin and death, I don't think I even really desire that level of self destruction anymore. I feel after having a few glimpses of the other side, I've realized that the pain doesn't go away. And the regret sticks in your soul.

I don't even want to tempt fate dabbling with H. It's just too dangerous. I just maybe have realized my value a little bit more, and feel very strongly that there's a reason I'm here and there's something more I'm destined for.

It sucks you have to go through that kind of shit to make those kind of realizations, but that's how it goes I reckon.

I can’t really talk you through this by BL posting - but if you feel up to it check out the Stages of Grief. It seems that most people go through a number of similar stages (though they all experience them very personally and individually). Denial or disbelief as you describe is usually the first reaction. Anger, as you describe Aldo, is also very common as an early stage and usually comes next.

The good news is that the process is natural and eventually everybody moves through the stages and comes to terms with their grief/loss and can move on at peace with themselves while still treasuring and respecting the life and memory of the person they have lost. The best thing is usually to understand your reactions are totally understandable and normal, then talk it all out with people you trust and not bottle it up if you can avoid it.

Here’s a link to something that might help you see what you are experiencing is pretty universal and consistent: https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief

Sorry if you already know this shit. I don’t know what else to say.
you don't have to say anything it's just nice talking about it it helps a lot, it's funny to because I'm a loner by heart and used to be a very private person and keep everything buttoned up inside but when I started openly talking about stuff it's crazy now much it helps it's like you literally release the grief with the words I also find writing in my diary to help an incredible amount I stopped writing in it though from laziness I've been meaning to start again honestly one thing I will tell anyone on this forum who undoubtedly has been through or going through similar stuff is to: get a diary and write everything inside its like you communicate with you inner self and give yourself a type of therapy you never could get anywhere else even just little things like " rough day today was ill all day" or "quite sad after argument with x had d amount of drug and feels surprisingly stronger" "so sick of this stuff I'm ready to quit" and then after realising how much it helps you write more and more until a diary entry is part of your daily routine that's what it was like for me anyway.

Last edited:
Imagine blinking your eyes and you're unconscious or dead. It happens that fast.

It's not like slipping dreamily off into nighty-night sleepy time or anything like that, it happens in a split-second. Anyone who has seen someone fall out, or has fallen out themselves will tell you as much

Imagine blinking your eyes and you're unconscious or dead. It happens that fast.

It's not like slipping dreamily off into nighty-night sleepy time or anything like that, it happens in a split-second. Anyone who has seen someone fall out, or has fallen out themselves will tell you as much
I've fallen out loads of times even when I'm forcing myself to stay awake to roll a fag I forget and just wake up sort of but sort of not because I'm not fully asleep obviously but yeah I know what you mean that would be an ideal way to go then wouldn't it just in the blink of an eye your gone slowly floating away to heaven

Yeah, idk the few times I've overdosed, I've mostly just blacked out and woke up in the hospital.

I thought I would choose that as a route myself if I ever needed a swift exit, but upon hearing these types of stories I've reconsidered it.

And after my most recent dance with heroin and death, I don't think I even really desire that level of self destruction anymore. I feel after having a few glimpses of the other side, I've realized that the pain doesn't go away. And the regret sticks in your soul.

I don't even want to tempt fate dabbling with H. It's just too dangerous. I just maybe have realized my value a little bit more, and feel very strongly that there's a reason I'm here and there's something more I'm destined for.

It sucks you have to go through that kind of shit to make those kind of realizations, but that's how it goes I reckon.
I was doing so well before all this shit happened well you and the guys know I told you I was doing great now my tolerance is higher than even and I owe more money than I can afford to pay

It's a sweet death tbh....u don't feel shit, just black the fuck out and wake up resuscitated by paramedics. But in terms of pain and suffering, u don't feel anything. Just a big black void in time-space.

Thank you for writing this bro, makes me reconsider the suicidal thoughts I'm having lately...🤍

Thank you for writing this bro, makes me reconsider the suicidal thoughts I'm having lately...🤍
Of course, yeah, man it's not worth it. I've been there a lot the past year. It's really only been the past couple days that I've felt any better at all. And everything in my life is still so insecure and my head is barely above water. I'm just positive I want to see it through now.

It's a sweet death tbh....u don't feel shit, just black the fuck out and wake up resuscitated by paramedics. But in terms of pain and suffering, u don't feel anything. Just a big black void in time-space.

Yeah honestly this is true I’ve never felt anything from the actual overdose. One time I was able to narcan myself my vision turned green and I knew I was gonna OD.

You feel nothing really. Waking up to narcan after not breathing for 6 minutes though now that’s when I fucking felt it. The worst pain in my body and head I’ve ever experienced.

Yeah honestly this is true I’ve never felt anything from the actual overdose. One time I was able to narcan myself my vision turned green and I knew I was gonna OD.

You feel nothing really. Waking up to narcan after not breathing for 6 minutes though now that’s when I fucking felt it. The worst pain in my body and head I’ve ever experienced.
Yeah, I was hit with narcan twice. According to my gf, I was conscious enough to say some dumb shit and be angry about it, several mins after the second. But I don't remember that at all. The first thing I remember was waking up in a gurney in the hospital. It felt like I had had a heart attack or something, and it was hard to get breath. Yeah, fentanyl is scary. I mean I did the equivalent of ten dollars worth of dope.

But yeah, it's a good thing my gf ain't a stupid bitch. Because they totally tried to search my room apparently. She told them to fuck off and just worry about saving my life. I could've gotten fucked, big time.

Yeah, I was hit with narcan twice. According to my gf, I was conscious enough to say some dumb shit and be angry about it, several mins after the second. But I don't remember that at all. The first thing I remember was waking up in a gurney in the hospital. It felt like I had had a heart attack or something, and it was hard to get breath. Yeah, fentanyl is scary. I mean I did the equivalent of ten dollars worth of dope.

But yeah, it's a good thing my gf ain't a stupid bitch. Because they totally tried to search my room apparently. She told them to fuck off and just worry about saving my life. I could've gotten fucked, big time.
always clean up before you dose that's the rule... That no one follows LOL glad it worked out ok though mate you not dying and them not finding shit in your room

That sucks bro cops suck. New Hampshire has a law if it’s an overdose call they can’t arrest anyone involved unless they can prove distribution level.

One time I OD in my girlfriends parents house and they found 9 grams of heroin and 20 Valium and tried to hit me with two felonies but my lawyer was able to get the case dismissed cause it was an overdose

My girlfriend at the time was incredibly naive and uneducated on police and drugs she’s not an addict and told them we just drove to Lawrence and I had 10 grams of heroin on me. I fucking flipped. They didn’t find it till I was in the ambulance and came in and searched me. Crazy

Yeah North Carolina has that law too, it passed in the past couple of years. I was really proud of my state when I heard about it. What a sensible and sane law to pass. Without laws like that, people just don't call for help and then people die. It's barbaric to arrest people for drugs when someone calls about an overdose.

That sucks bro cops suck. New Hampshire has a law if it’s an overdose call they can’t arrest anyone involved unless they can prove distribution level.

One time I OD in my girlfriends parents house and they found 9 grams of heroin and 20 Valium and tried to hit me with two felonies but my lawyer was able to get the case dismissed cause it was an overdose

My girlfriend at the time was incredibly naive and uneducated on police and drugs she’s not an addict and told them we just drove to Lawrence and I had 10 grams of heroin on me. I fucking flipped. They didn’t find it till I was in the ambulance and came in and searched me. Crazy
I'm surprised they searched you while in the ambulance they must have really wanted to bust ya lol

Yeah North Carolina has that law too, it passed in the past couple of years. I was really proud of my state when I heard about it. What a sensible and sane law to pass. Without laws like that, people just don't call for help and then people die. It's barbaric to arrest people for drugs when someone calls about an overdose.
Here here

Yeah. I mean Maryland is pretty good on drug laws. At least possession of anything harder than weed is a simple misdemeanor. I mean yeah, Baltimore I believe passed something where they simply don't even arrest or prosecute for drugs anymore. That's why I was surprised when she told me they tried to search.

But luckily everything worked out, and I'm just trying to move past it. I feel really bad for traumatizing her though.

I wonder how many people have literally died because the authorities were more interested in making arrests than saving lives.

I'm surprised they searched you while in the ambulance they must have really wanted to bust ya lol

Well I did start ranting for the paramedics to get off me and the cops to get out and yelling they can’t arrest me don’t try it won’t stick.. I was still basically blacked out on Valium the narcan took the heroin away but I came to pissed the fuck off.

I mean my girlfriends mom witnessed all this it was terrible my relationship with her family has never been the same and I hate that they don’t like me