• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What does being high on ketamine feel like?

it feels like wonked out robot drugs

"Feeling like a robot" is a really common sensation for low/moderate doses of dissociatives, in my experience.

Imagine yourself sitting at the controls of a highly sophisticated robotic arm that can deftly pick up blocks and stack them atop one another. You use your hands to manipulate the controls, and the robotic arm becomes an extension of your body, but you don't feel connected to it in the same way you feel connected to your own arms and hands. In some sense, you move the robotic arm, but in another sense, it moves itself.

When I take dissociatives, my body becomes the robot. I feel less that I am moving my body and more that my body is moving itself, in response to my commands.

i have a hate love relationship with ketamine. every time i use it i take little sniffs but they don't satisfy me, then i take a big ass line and it's too much. last time i was almost in a k-hole and i kept thinking; what if the house goes on fire what do i do or what if someone breaks in and steals all my stuff i wouldn't be able to even move.

don't know if you've ever experienced sleep paralysis but that's the best way to describe the body high of dissociatives for me

Kind of hard to describe, and definitely depends on the dose. If I hit it just right it kind of feels like walking (or wobbling) on air while my field of vision seems to be set back 5 feet from where my eyes actually are. Things tend to flicker and strobe, and depth perception can be thrown way off.

One of my buddies refers to the sensation as feeling "pretty ballooned", which seems accurate to me if that makes any sense at all. It's a super weird state to be in, and I also know a ton of people who really don't enjoy it. Personally I find it to be pretty awesome - you can get into some good introspective thinking just experiencing and examining your interactions in third person.

Personally I think K feels amazing floaty, slightly trippy sometimes, depends on dosage. It's a tough one to explain to be honest. I personally haven't had full on hallucinogens such as LSD, Shrooms, Peyote etc, well apart from Salvia but from what I know of friends experiences K's a more over relaxed full body experience, less trippy.

If you do try it make sure you try it with mates for the first time and probably in a house or something and don't drink with it! It's not the best mix if it's your first time round and it doesn't let you get a feel for the effects as a single entity if you drink too.

High dose ketamine is really impossible to describe accurately in words. It's the one of most insanely bizarre and alien experiences.

I'll try to describe it... :D

It's emptiness. As in, black is not empty; It's black. White is not empty; It's white. True emptiness. Nothing.

In other words: It's to some the most indescribable and alien thing imaginable. To others: The most boring and mundane. I'm sadly the latter kind: I can achieve the same state by being sober as well so to me Ketamine is simply the most boring substance known to man. There really isn't even any negatives the first few times you take it. How can you say it's good if there's nothing bad to compare it to? :D

Boring. :(

i've only tried it twice in low doses and found it similar to alcohol (with a comparable amount of euphoria = pretty much none), but more confusing and more intellectually stimulating. things don't really look different, but look interesting and moving feels "wonky". it feels like you're standing under a metal bell which is struck by a hammer.

as far as i can tell it's something you either love or hate. i've never met someone who thought that ketamine was just okay. i'm certainly in the "hate" category.